Windows 10: Weird audio glitch

Discus and support Weird audio glitch in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So when I went to plug in my headphones from my laptop to my gaming desktop, and i plugged them in, and they keep disabling, enabling, disabling,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by matthewkingsbury2, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Weird audio glitch

So when I went to plug in my headphones from my laptop to my gaming desktop, and i plugged them in, and they keep disabling, enabling, disabling, enabling, and disabling and keeps repeating that. It doesnt stop, and changing the USB port doesnt fix it.

https://youtu.be/H1lxalWoy98

:)

matthewkingsbury2, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Jacob A. Win User

Weird audio glitch

So the simple explanation of my problem is whenever my headphones are connected to my computer and its actively trying to record audio (like in a discord call) no actual sound plays, but the microphone works just fine and anyone else can hear me, but then
    when its not trying to record the audio works absolutely fine. I know for a fact its not the fault of the headphones themselves, because A) I tested a second pair and had the same result, and B) they work just fine on another device. Both devices are blutooth,
    so its not an audio jack issue. (Side note, the issue even occurs if I go into the sound settings and click on the recording tab - audio cuts out. As soon as I go back to the playback tab, audio comes back)

It started doing this last night after the first pair of headphones ended up dying and i connected the second pair - I have no clue as to what triggered this because both pairs of headphones have worked fine with my laptop up to this point. I went through
    and completed each of the troubleshooting suggestions given by the virtual assistant, and still was unable to fix the problem.

If anyone has an idea of how I can fix this please let me know. Thanks!

Update 1:

I have done some further testing, and from what I can see wired headphones do work perfectly fine and are not affected by this issue. Im pretty sure something glitched with the bluetooth software on my laptop. I would
    use wired headphones but I always end up breaking them somehow no matter how careful I am with them.

Update 2:

Further testing has allowed me to come to the conclusion that this issue is an absolute mess - I tried playing a game called SCP: Secret Lab, and my headphones worked just fine - I could talk just fine while still being
    able to pick up audio. Midway through the play session, I decided to test further, and I opened the sound settings. Just as before, the audio continued to work just fine until I opened the Recording tab - then I could no longer hear anything, even though my
    headphones were working perfectly before. Going back to the Playback tab fixed everything, and going back and forth produced the same results. Another thing - there are 2 options for my headset in the Playback menu - the one that I highly prefer and I assume
    was intended is very good audio quality, the second of which is basically like its muffled by 30 layers of cotton. Both are stuck at these audio settings in their properties - but the one with garbage quality works just fine and is unaffected by the bug. This
    headset is called Phillips SHB5500, and the other headphones I've been using as secondary test subjects are Beats X. This issue is the weirdest and most absolutely annoying one I've ever faced with audio, and I have absolutely no clue what caused it or where
    I should go to for help. If anyone can come up for a fix, please let me know as soon as possible, this issue is driving me crazy.

Update 3:

I couldnt figure it out no matter what I did so I resorted to basically resetting the entirety of my laptop. It didnt fix the issue and now I’m in absolute bewilderment as to what could possibly be the issue.

Update 4: Been about a week since discovery of the glitch, still completely unable to fix it. Still looking for any help, thanks Weird audio glitch :)

Jacob A., Mar 22, 2021
  3. Ryan Fra Win User
    Can not record audio.

Hi,

We suggest that you run troubleshooting for Audio Recording by following these steps:

• Type troubleshooting on the search box.
    • Click View all.
    • Select Recording Audio.
    • Follow the steps to troubleshoot Recording Audio.

Let us know if you need further help.

Ryan Fra, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Mike_91YN Win User

Weird audio glitch

Weird Audio Recognition Glitch Since Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I recently took up Microsoft's offer to update my laptop to Windows 10 and was initially pleased with the results. However, I've recently gotten a bit of a hiccup with my Wireless Afterglow headset.

The headset simply won't be recognized as an audio device, and subsequently won't play any audio or pick up the microphone. I know that the headset itself is fine because when I plug it into my phone the speakers work just fine.

I did notice something weird happening under my device manager however. When I initially plug in the wireless transmitter to the headset, my computer will recognize it as an audio device and it will pop up under my audio manager and let my choose my wireless
    headset as the default device. Once I turn on the headset and it connects to the transmitter however, it switches. The device name switches from "Wireless Headset (PS)" to "Wireless Headset (XBOX)" and then my computer no longer recognizes it as the audio
    device it once was, removing it from the audio device manager entirely.

I've tried different USBs and that doesn't seem to work. I've tried troubleshooting the device and all Windows will tell me is try a different non 3.0 USB port (which I've already done).

I just want my headset to work, but this weird bug/glitch/whatever seems to be preventing that.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Mike_91YN, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Weird audio glitch

1. Weird audio glitch - Similar Threads - Weird audio glitch

2. weird screen/audio glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird screen/audio glitch: So, Randomly when I'm on my laptop, weird static colorful squares cover my screen, the audio sounds like a record scratching over and over, and my mouse stops responding. please help!...
  3. weird screen/audio glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird screen/audio glitch: So, Randomly when I'm on my laptop, weird static colorful squares cover my screen, the audio sounds like a record scratching over and over, and my mouse stops responding. please help!...
  4. Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working properly, distorted audio and weird glitches: So i'm trying to join a call and my mic isnt picking up anything i say. I go check how it sounds and it just sounds like static and glitch. I go into VoiceMod so i can hear myself and it just turns into an aggressively loud glitchy noise. After some digging i went to my...
  5. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  6. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Glitch: Hi, I've been using Microsoft devices mostly and when I'm playing a game or something that I have to click on the bottom of the screen near the taskbar the focus goes to the task bar when I'm not clicking exactly on the taskbar, then I have to click on the game and retry...
  7. Weird glitching

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird glitching: So the issue I am currently having is whenever I move my laptop just a tiny bit or if it shakes anything, it goes into this weird black glitchy screen; sometimes the laptop reboots; other times it doesn't; it just sits there and freezes as it crashed, but I have the slightest...
  8. weird glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird glitch: so whenever im booting some os in vmware doesnt matter if its windows,linux or a custom os it still shows press alt+z to open geforce expericence during the boot of any os and this just started happining after i did a update...
  9. Weird Glitch

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Glitch: I don't know how to explain but heres a picture Glitch Image When i hover my mouse to the empty places the icons and texts appears. After i close the thing and reopen it, it disappears. Happens to all softwares that has those option things submitted by /u/Hellireddit...
  10. Weird audio glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird audio glitch: So the simple explanation of my problem is whenever my headphones are connected to my computer and its actively trying to record audio (like in a discord call) no actual sound plays, but the microphone works just fine and anyone else can hear me, but then when its not trying...