Windows 10: Weird audio issues

Discus and support Weird audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can play stuff and hear the faintest bit of it, but other than that my audio is terrible. I can't hear anything really, and it is really bad for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by oofoofoof, Apr 17, 2021.

1. oofoofoof Win User

Weird audio issues

I can play stuff and hear the faintest bit of it, but other than that my audio is terrible. I can't hear anything really, and it is really bad for working on now. I think it is my computer, because I tried some different headphones and the issue persisted.

:)

oofoofoof, Apr 17, 2021

2. Audio issues, other weird things

Hi Steen,

Audio issue might have occurred due to an incompatible audio driver. For us to narrow down the issue, please answer the answers below:

• Did you noticed some recent changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the build number and version of your Windows?

To troubleshoot this audio issues, we suggest performing the given methods on this article:

Fix sound problems

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Weird issue with sounds

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be quite annoying when you have to change audio settings frequently. The volume of the audio might reduce automatically, if Loudness Equalization is enabled in audio enhancements.

1. Is the issue specific to YouTube application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below and check if that helps:

Method 1:
    Disable the Loudness Equalization from audio enhancements settings.

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select Sounds option from the list.
    3. Click on the Playback tab.
    4. Now right-click on the Speakers and select
      Properties from the list.
    5. Click on the Enhancements tab.
    6. Uncheck Loudness Equalization option.

Also, change the option under communication tab from sound settings. Follow steps mentioned below:

1. Right-click on the volume icon on the taskbar.
    2. Select ‘Sounds’ option from the list.
    3. Now click on the ‘Communications’ tab.
    4. Select ‘Do nothing’ options from the list.

Method 2: If you still face the issue, we can try running the
    Audio Troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Tap on ‘Windows + I’ on the keyboard.
    2. Click on ‘Update & Security’ option.
    3. Select ‘Troubleshoot’ option.
    4. Now click on the ‘Playing Audio’ from the list and ‘Run the troubleshooter’.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Weird audio issues

Audio 'dip' issue with Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

We are sorry to know that you have issues while listening to certain audios.

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method1: I suggest you to run an audio troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Sound. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Audio

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

• Run the playing Audio troubleshooter.

Method2: Uncheck the enhancement feature in sound options.

• Press X from the key board and select control panel.
    • Select sounds under control panel.
    • Go to advance setting and uncheck the enhancement feature and check if that helps.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be

Sudharshan M K, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Weird audio issues

1. Weird audio issues - Similar Threads - Weird audio issues

2. Weird Issue: Audio Returns After Reimage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Issue: Audio Returns After Reimage: Hello everyone,I have an issue with one person that their audio stops working on the computers that I give them after a few months. I've given them two computers HP EliteBook 850 G8 but the issue returns. I've followed the usual fixes of Uninstalling the audio driver,...
  3. Weird audio issues and app store popups

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird audio issues and app store popups: Hello everyone!I recently made a jump to Windows 11 and I am experiencing one new and one older problem with my current setup and I would love to get some extra help, as I did not get any sort of progress with the Microsoft live support.Persisting Windows 10 problem:When...
  4. Seeking help with weird audio issue...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Seeking help with weird audio issue...: Weird problem : I like to listen to music while grading in Resolve, however interacting with elements in Resolve causes audio pops (or outright stutters) in the music that is playing from Youtube Music or Spotify. If I am using my audio interface (Steinberg UR44) the music...
  5. Weird Audio Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Audio Issue: So I've been using my Windows 10 PC for quite some time and just recently my in game audio, and only my in game audio has been cutting out. I can hear other things on my computer. It used to just cut out then come back in but now it's cutting out and staying silent until I...
  6. Weird Windows audio playback issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Windows audio playback issues: So since a while I'm having weird audio problems with my Windows. - Whenever I play any audio which has navigation buttons rewind, play, pause, forward, including playing youtube videos Windows gives me this desktop player overlay on the top left on the screen, which is...
  7. Weird Audio Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Audio Issue: ok so im having a unique issue what happens is sometimes my audio will start shutting off then turning back on again i dont think it's a driver issue because i made sure to update them all even my usb drivers and it still happens to give more detail my audio will randomly...
  8. Weird audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird audio issues: Hi, I was really hoping people here could figure out what my exact problem is and how it can be solved. A quite lengthy text is incoming, I'm apologizing for it in advance. Ever since I got this notebook I've been having a few issues with my audio. Most of the time it's...
  9. Weird Audio Issue

Weird Audio Issue: I have to explain it in a little detail. If you are logged into one of the two (or any number of) accounts in your PC running Windows 10 1809 (only) and you shut down you are not logged out automatically and after turning on the PC, you'll see yourself logged in( and that's...
  10. Audio weird?

Audio weird?: A few hours ago I was in a voice call and all of the sudden I could not hear the other people in the call. I didn't change anything w/ my audio settings and when I tried to listen to some audio this happened: (Hopefully my mic can pick it up because I do not know whether the...