Windows 10: Weird background issue

Discus and support Weird background issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/k6p9sbw12mb41.png?width=6400&format=png&auto=webp&s=6774dec2894fb0cc11f1fc28ab6771820ad48f6d Ok this issue does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RuhaiHu, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Weird background issue

Weird background issue i6KYbZYgbtyga-M2H431xHwV_C0YbTIPXUiQWqc8Jyw.jpg

https://preview.redd.it/k6p9sbw12mb...bp&s=6774dec2894fb0cc11f1fc28ab6771820ad48f6d

Ok this issue does not happen a lot just once in a while. https://imgur.com/gallery/JEuVxG0

Basically what the image shows is a 4k monitor on left and a 1440p on right. Left monitor background stuck at right monitor resolution.

For whatever reason once in a while the 4k monitor gets stuck with a background the same resolution as the right monitor after logging in. When it starts happening repeatedly upon login, I can either log out and back in or reboot and log back in. OR if it keeps happening i do a sfc and a dism scan and its good for a while but it keeps coming back.

Does not seem to be a install issue because previous installs would do it as well. Also various major versions of windows 10.

I haven't been able to find a search term that comes up with anything related to this occurring.

submitted by /u/RuhaiHu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RuhaiHu, Jan 18, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jan 18, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 18, 2020
  4. Weird background issue

Windows 10 Task menu background transparency

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

Apologize for delay in reply.

As a workaround, I suggest you to change the desktop background/ remove the desktop background and check.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jan 18, 2020
Thema:

Weird background issue

1. Weird background issue - Similar Threads - Weird background issue

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  5. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  6. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  7. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  8. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...
  9. Weird background in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird background in Windows 10: Ever since I switched to a custom background, I've been experiencing some problems. My Windows 10 Background Is supposed to look like: [img] But if a fullscreen program runs, a UAC Windows pops up, etc, It will look like: [img] *Info Is there a way to...
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...