Windows 10: Weird Bandwidth Issue

Discus and support Weird Bandwidth Issue in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm running Win10 on an Alienware laptop (m17r1). I have this unusual issue where when I initially boot up, and for a few days' hence, my bandwidth... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jimbosi, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Weird Bandwidth Issue

I'm running Win10 on an Alienware laptop (m17r1). I have this unusual issue where when I initially boot up, and for a few days' hence, my bandwidth will be ~350mpbs. This is completely expected, as my ISP is Comcast, and that's their advertised bandwidth.

However, a few days later (exact timing unknown), it reduces to 95mbps. Restarting always resets it to 350mbps, whereupon the same pattern emerges-- 350mbps, then (very specifically) 95mbps.

I'm running Avira AV and Malwarebytes, if those apps would have any impact. I'm not running anything else (knowingly) that modifies or reduces bandwidth. I have Steam and several games installed. Everything else is (AFAIK) unremarkable.

Comcast does not have throttling or caps in my plan. I did call them once, and their "solution" was for me to reboot, at which point the issue was "solved"-- bandwidth reset to 350mbps.

So the main question: How can I track down what's causing this? I'm posting to /r/windows10 because I'm unable to isolate this issue to any particular app, but I'm happy to move the post to a more applicable sub.

submitted by /u/jimbosi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jimbosi, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 weird font issue

Hi Jason,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

Let us know:

• If the issue is specific to any web-browser?
    • Does the issue also occur with documents saved in your computer?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to try in “in-Private” mode and check if it helps. Here is the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+P.
    If the issue still persists, then try login in “Compatibility Mode” and check. See the steps:

• Open Internet Explorer.

• Click on Tools icon and select
      Compatibility view settings
    Share the results and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be glad to assist.

Navneet Anand, Mar 25, 2020
  4. NinjaNife Win User

Weird Bandwidth Issue

IP Address Bandwidth Monitor

I am looking for a bandwidth monitor that tells me how much bandwidth each IP connected to my server is sending/receiving (preferably listed in Mbits). I currently have Netlimiter 2 Pro, but that only does bandwidth monitoring by process (it lists IPs but doesn't tell how much bandwidth each one is using). It would need to run on Windows Server 2003 and not have any web-based requirements (it is not a webserver so can't support a webpage-type monitor). Does anyone know how to do this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Brendan "NinjaNife" West

NinjaNife, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

Weird Bandwidth Issue

1. Weird Bandwidth Issue - Similar Threads - Weird Bandwidth Issue

2. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  3. WEIRD ISSUE....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WEIRD ISSUE....: Hey thereso I got a really strange issue.my firefox browser is having weird lines on each corner except the top bar.and anyone tell me how to fix it?coz i tried uninstalling it and re-installing it again but nothing seems to work.I have other browsers installed but they don't...
  4. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Issue: today i noticed that on every key i press he pop out on my screen and i dont know how to cancel it. if anyone could help here is a picture of how it looks. thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-issue/0cdc4598-59fe-4f21-83a4-6bf529b913f0
  5. Weird issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird issues: Earlier today, my computerlaptop froze and the screen became full of large flashing red dots. After restarting, my screen started flashing between what was supposed to be on my screen and what was on my screen before the freeze. However, over time, it went away. This has...
  6. Weird issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird issue: Hi when i go to lock screen the screen goes to messed up colour's and cannot see anything but i goes away if i press windows key plus P to second second screen then i go back to pc screen only and it is correctly showing my pc any know issues :) 147951
  7. bandwidth

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    bandwidth: why my bandwidth is not showing up 5ghz even though driver do support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bandwidth/c4927a5e-257f-439f-a9a4-ba54703b9e7f
  8. Internet bandwidth issue

Internet bandwidth issue: Hi I have a problem with Internet band width. When i start downloading a file by a download manager program (Internet Download Accelerator), the other programs such web browser, windows update and every thing can not access Internet seems the download manager consume all of...
  9. USB WiFI adapter seems to be bandwidth limited? Weird

USB WiFI adapter seems to be bandwidth limited? Weird: Recently my download speed has diminished seriously. It used to be very high and now it is 4 MBps according to several Speedtest sites. I have 4 computers in our home: wife's, TV room, my desktop and my laptop. We have ATT Internet with 24 MBps download speed. Two of...
  10. Weird Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Issue: Hi guys. Bit of a strange issue. Sometimes when i use a particular burning program (ConvertXTOdvd), and following closing of the program for some reason whenever i begin browsing and Firefox opens, it won't show its open on the Taskbar but will be open in the screen if that...