Windows 10: Weird Bars on Desktop

Discus and support Weird Bars on Desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, so after a while these weird bars show up on my desktop and the icons disappear. When I do restart Explorer it does fix it but it is only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WyattJones, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Weird Bars on Desktop

Ok, so after a while these weird bars show up on my desktop and the icons disappear. When I do restart Explorer it does fix it but it is only temporary. Here is a photo of it. I put a circle of where it is. Weird Bars on Desktop fec1fd0d-e587-4aaf-bcad-42bc85a89ae7?upload=true.png

:)

WyattJones, Aug 4, 2020

2. Spinning cursor on task bar for work desktop

Hello TaraKelley,

For us to better assist you, kindly provide the following information:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you download and run the Start menu troubleshooter on this
    link. This troubleshooter automatically diagnose and repair common problem with Start menu.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Aug 4, 2020
  4. l_imvader Win User

Weird Bars on Desktop

weird moveable bars

Is it just me or is there weird grey bars on other peoples desktops because their is 2 on my screen and they won't go away unless I shutdown I guess also I can move and drag them and I have no apps open when I saw them

l_imvader, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Weird Bars on Desktop

1. Weird Bars on Desktop - Similar Threads - Weird Bars Desktop

2. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  3. Weird Desktop Icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Desktop Icons: So recently I completely reset my PC, and the icons have been like this for a few days now and I can not find a single solution to this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-icons/a2b93bb9-1afe-4977-bfd9-c5850696f857
  4. Weird Menu Bar Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Menu Bar Problem: The menu bar i.e. File - Edit...etc. in just two applications is corrupted somehow. I can click on File and Edit and the dropdown works fine, but when clicking any other item, the dropdown flashes on and off and then a completely different dropdown appears. I am unable to use...
  5. Weird Menu Bar Problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Menu Bar Problem: The menu bar i.e. File - Edit...etc. in just two applications is corrupted somehow. I can click on File and Edit and the dropdown works fine, but when clicking any other item, the dropdown flashes on and off and then a completely different dropdown appears. I am unable to use...
  6. Weird Semi-Translucent Bar in the Top Left corner of my Desktop

Weird Semi-Translucent Bar in the Top Left corner of my Desktop: Ever since I recreated my windows login on my laptop, this happens after an hour or two to my computer. My desktop will suddenly go blank and a white bar will appear in the top left hand corner of the screen. I can move the bar around but it doesn't seem to server a purpose...
  7. Weird Search Bar Bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Search Bar Bug: So basically when I opened up my windows, I was opening discord in the search bar when I was greeted with this [img] [img] [img] So I searched it up and there were only 3 results and none of them worked. I tried deleting and reloading the icon cache it didn't work, I...
  8. Weird Bars on Desktop AGAIN

Weird Bars on Desktop AGAIN: I made a post on this a couple days ago Weird Bars on Desktop and after me and WilliamDz were able to "fix" it I thought it was over. I was wrong. Any more ideas or new ideas? Here is a .nfo file if needed System Info File. Here is a picture.[ATTACH]...
  9. Weird search bar is in the taskbar..

Weird search bar is in the taskbar..: One day i was just doing computer things and this weird search bar thing came up on my task bar.. Here it is: https://postimg.cc/xk7Jx31h And also, ever since this popped up cortana stopped working as in i cant type anything in cortana... This search bar does...
  10. weird moveable bars

weird moveable bars: Is it just me or is there weird grey bars on other peoples desktops because their is 2 on my screen and they won't go away unless I shutdown I guess also I can move and drag them and I have no apps open when I saw them...