Windows 10: Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update

Discus and support Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi. I've had Windows 10 ever since it was free to download. It has been running great ever since I got an SSD. But a few months back (around May... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by xWagen, Sep 17, 2019.

1. xWagen Win User

Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update

Hi.

I've had Windows 10 ever since it was free to download. It has been running great ever since I got an SSD.

But a few months back (around May last year) i noticed my monitor (a Samsung T24D391, speakers and a tuner) is making a weird beeping sound on startup. Now in September i was doing something on my phone when the screen went black and suddenly it went to the update screen. It started updating and again, the same sound.

I don't know if its something to do with the speakers of tuner of the monitor, but the weirdest thing is i have headphones plugged into the audio jack, but it's playing through the monitor.

This beeping wasn't an issue on Windows 7, the original OS.

If there is a reason for this then i will fix it, but it hasn't bothered me too much.

I was just wondering what could cause it. Is it the tuner? or the motherboard doing funky stuff?

Also if this is an issue someone else experienced, please link me to a post on this forum with a solution.

Thanks.

:)

xWagen, Sep 17, 2019

2. Windows Startup Sound

Hi Peck,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the previous posts I understand that you are referring to Startup sounds in Windows 10.

If so, I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

Make sure that your device speakers are working fine before performing the troubleshooting steps.

• Right click on the Volume icon on the Task bar.

• Select Sounds option from the list.

• Select Sounds tab.

• Check mark on Play Windows Startup sound option.

• Under Program Events: click on any option and under Sounds: select Windows Startup from the list.

• Click on Browser button and select a
      Sound

• Try to restart the computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 17, 2019
  3. John Zab Win User
    Beeping Sounds on Startup

Hi,

This beeping sound that you're hearing suggest that the BIOS is able to detect a hardware issue. If you want to see how you can get it fixed, we suggest that you get in touch with your device manufacturer.

Regards.

John Zab, Sep 17, 2019
  4. Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 17, 2019
Thema:

Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update

1. Weird beeping sound from monitor on Windows 10 startup or update - Similar Threads - Weird beeping sound

2. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  3. Weird monitor glitches on startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird monitor glitches on startup: On each restart i always get this screen and i have to put my computer to sleep and turn it back on to fix anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-monitor-glitches-on-startup/996620b1-e11e-472d-b5d9-25aa59acd9fe
  4. Beeping sound Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping sound Windows: Hope someone can help;The question is about a computer i bought begint his year. Since the beginning it's making beep sounds. I think these sounds are coming from Windows itself, error beep codes from Lenovobrand of the computer sounds different, and only play when a computer...
  5. Beeping sound Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping sound Windows: Hope someone can help;The question is about a computer i bought begint his year. Since the beginning it's making beep sounds. I think these sounds are coming from Windows itself, error beep codes from Lenovobrand of the computer sounds different, and only play when a computer...
  6. Weird beeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird beeping: Hey people, so, I was playing payday 2 and listening to some youtube videos and after the video ended I pressed the windows key to exit the game and switch videos, but for some reason my pc made a weird beep when I pressed the key, anyone know why? And weirdly enough I...
  7. windows beeping on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    windows beeping on startup: So windows doesn't beep every time on startup, it only beeps sometimes when I startup. it beeps continuously and I've tried looking it up and I never found anything for continuously beeping, my system works perfectly fine just sometimes at startup and sometimes even while i'm...
  8. Beep Sound

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Beep Sound: hey! i have concern that whenever i plug-in and plug-out my charger froom my laptop based on windows 10, beep sound comes out. i am not able to find how to mute that beep sound even if i have mute the system sound kindly help me as it is very disturbing to other at quiet...
  9. Beeping sound from keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Beeping sound from keyboard?: This isn’t something that messes with my computer, but it is something I’m curious about. Whenever I’m typing on my keyboard and press the “m” key, my computer makes a random beep sound. I’m not sure why this happens and it’s been happening since I got the computer. I...
  10. PC makes a beeping sound on startup Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC makes a beeping sound on startup Windows 10.: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop(which was originally Windows 7 but I upgraded it to Windows 10) and for sometime now it makes a beeping sound on startup and it stops only after I press the “ESC” Key and then the Windows starts to load. It would be great if anyone would be...