Windows 10: Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard

Discus and support Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I re-installed my Windows 10 week ago, and got weird problem: when i try to mute audio/video player or w/e with my media keys, this big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Timofeika, Nov 6, 2019.

1. Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard

/u/Timofeika, Nov 6, 2019

2. Keyboard Volume Keys not working while in-game

I happen to have used the Tt Challenger Pro keyboard in the past, and the volume keys worked flawlessly in every game, so it's indeed a weird problem. I would suggest the same thing sneekypeet suggested, using the keyboard software and assign this function to a hotkey, but you said that didn't work either, so yeah...

George_o/c, Nov 6, 2019
  3. Keyboard Media/Volume keys not working, only on this computer, and only this keyboard

The media keys, volume knob, sleep button and mute button on my "Das Keyboard 4 Professional" keyboard stopped working a few weeks ago after a reboot that I think was caused by a Windows Update.

I've tried the following steps to try and solve the issue:

• Try a different keyboard - The media keys on a logitech wireless usb keyboard work fine, even in the same USB port.
    • Try keyboard with another PC - When plugged in to my laptop the Das Keyboard media/volume keys work fine.
    • Try another USB port - No difference
    • Tried completely wiping any trace of the keyboard from the registry/device manager, then plugging it in again - No difference.
    • Created a new user on the PC - No difference.
    • Ensured the HID Human Interface Service is running.
    • Disable touch keyboard and related services.

What could be causing this?

Simon Moles, Nov 6, 2019
  4. Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard

It says when i press the volume down key that im not muted but the speaker icon says its muted

Speaker icon can be mute and volume up and down key can show the current volume set. In my view, this behavior is OK.

Vijay_Verma, Nov 6, 2019
Thema:

Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard

1. Weird behavior when i try to mute volume with my media keys on keyboard - Similar Threads - Weird behavior try

2. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  3. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird keyboard behavior: When I pressed - key it becomes backspace too, when I pressed : key it clicks enter too, when I pressed ? key clicks Shift too. Anyone can please help me? I suspect it's something to do with Fn key shortcut but searching online doesn't give any clues.I tried uninstalling...
  4. Weird keyboard behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 pinyin keyboard weird behavior: I am not sure is this a hardware issue or a software issue. But it sometimes really made me frustrated. I can't even type a single word properly sometimes due to the "auto-submit" behavior....
  6. Enter key muting volume

Enter key muting volume: whenever i press the enter key, while it does what it's supposed to do, it will also mute the computer volume. the keyboard i use is a logitech G213 if i could have some way to stop this, i'd appreciate it....
  7. keyboard sending weird link pressing enter and muting volume

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    keyboard sending weird link pressing enter and muting volume: sometimes when im trying to type it sends a random series of numbers, letters, and backslashes. it also presses enter and mutes my volume. i did a system scan and theres no threats or viruses...
  8. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  9. sound mute when I try to change volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    sound mute when I try to change volume: If I try to change volume, sound disappears, and come back only if i remove realtek drivers and reboot. My System: Windows 10 1903 (this issue was ocurring before the update) MoBo ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M PLUS/USB3 (AM3R2) Audio (Nvidia came with their own audio...
  10. sticky keys weird behavior

in Windows 10 Support
    sticky keys weird behavior: I have an ASUS Rog gamer running windows 10. When sticky keys are turned on weird behavior happens when certain letters are chosen. The letter f often causes the feedback window to open. However, in word the find search of opens. The letter r often causes them run window to...