Windows 10: Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

Discus and support Weird behaviour after sudden power loss. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! There was a sudden power loss for 1 second and my pc force rebooted. Now when I boot it up there is a horizontal white line running across the top... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Colonel-Death, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

Hi! There was a sudden power loss for 1 second and my pc force rebooted. Now when I boot it up there is a horizontal white line running across the top of my monitor for a second each time I boot up the pc and also my headset makes a weird noise when I turn on the pc and a popping noise when I shut the pc down.

I am considering reinstalling windows, but I would like to ask if any if you has any suggestion for me. Maybe you have had similar issues or know things that I don’t about windows 10 behaviour in situations like this one.

What I tried: using a system restore point to 2 days earlier. Didn’t help. Also, I googled my problem and some one mention something about windows boot manager getting messed up.

Thank you for your time!

submitted by /u/Colonel-Death
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Colonel-Death, Apr 24, 2020

2. W10 x64 Sudden Computer Power Off

Hi there,

Do you know if you can try another sata port on the motherboard?

If this is a complete power loss issue then it sounds hardware related and I would approach the troubleshooting in steps, test sata port, cable, hard drive, PSU, motherboard

If this is windows rebooting I would suggest a full reinstall of Windows first to see if this resolves following by a replacement hard drive as that could have been damaged by the power loss

Jordan Langford, Apr 24, 2020
  3. Sudden power loss causes updates to install

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would like to inform you that if you schedule the restart later, updates should be installed after the restart, however, if the system gets restarted in between, Some automatic updates will get installed. If you're not forcing the system to restart and
    if you're using a healthy battery, then you can run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings. The Power troubleshooter checks things like your computer's timeout settings, which determine how long the computer
    waits before turning off the monitor display or entering sleep mode. Adjusting these settings can help you conserve power and extend your computer's battery life.
    Here is the steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      troubleshoot.

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.

• Select Power and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Let us know if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Jack4_335 Win User

Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

External hard drive ununsual behaviour

Thank you for getting back so quickly. Unfortunately it displayed the same behaviour any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack4_335, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

Weird behaviour after sudden power loss.

1. Weird behaviour after sudden power loss. - Similar Threads - Weird behaviour sudden

2. Weird ethernet behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird ethernet behaviour: My ethernet throughput on task manager is being really weird, and my download speed is also acting strange. I don't know why it's like this, could I please have help? [ATTACH]...
  3. Weird CMD Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Behaviour.: Hi, When I launch cmd.exe from a C# Program, I get error that 'ssh is not an internal or external program' but when I launch cmd via Win + R -> cmd.exe, there is no problem. I checked the PATH variable and its identical in both. What could cause this weird behaviour? P.S: I...
  4. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  5. weird keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  6. Weird behaviour after clean start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird behaviour after clean start: Hey, I've been having issues with Win10pc - v. high memory usage and unresponsive for 10 mins after waking up - so I ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool from this site and then followed the Clean Boot instructions it contains. I now have some weird behaviour: My PC won't...
  7. Unusual Power Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unusual Power Behaviour.: The last two days, my laptop has been failing to power up on mains, the only work around for now is having to do a re-boot before it will kick in on the mains supply, I haven't changed any settings, or never been in or near the BIOS. Once I have done a re-boot, the mains...
  8. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  9. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...
  10. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...