Windows 10: Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording...

Discus and support Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi! Today an issue has began to emerge with my computer which I'm not sure how to fix, or how to diagnose. The symptoms are slow responsive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by C.Easwtwood, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording...

Hi! Today an issue has began to emerge with my computer which I'm not sure how to fix, or how to diagnose. The symptoms are slow responsive and unresponsive programs, unresponsive task bar, visual issues such as flickering cursor, keyboard responding with incorrect keys or key combinations, some keys acting as if they are held down when they are not, unprompted possibly random key combinations such as Alt+F8, Alt+F9, possibly others. On one occasion I tried searching up "Control Panel" in the windows search bar and typing that resulted only in my typing "óó" I do not know what other buttons need to be pressed to type this on a standard UK layout keyboard.

A fortunate symptom of this issue is that it turns on my Nvidia Shadowplay recording software, so I do have footage of this issue playing out. A link to this footage can be found here. I apologise for the pixilation but I've done this to protect the privacy of myself and my peers, and the sound is also removed for the same reasons.

I feel these issues may be linked to either Microsoft Teams, Nvidia Broadcast, or the latest Nvidia driver as of 22/9/20 as these are the latest changes my computer has undergone driver updates and new programs outside of standard automated updates.

An additional idea I have as to what might have caused this is Windows 10's "Connect" feature as these issues cropped up first when I tried connecting my desktop and Surface Pro earlier today unsuccessfully, resulting in crippling lag, visual problems, and unresponsive menus much like in the video, only resolving upon restarting my desktop.

Hopefully someone might be able to diagnose my issue from these symptoms

:)

C.Easwtwood, Sep 22, 2020
  2. F.LuffY Win User

Cursor flickers when copy pasting.

I recently updated my Windows 10 and I suddenly found myself having issues with my laptop. The cursor flickers and when it does, I am unable to use ctrl c and ctrl v. If you copy and paste something it will paste a screenshot of your whole screen. I'm currently
    using a Lenovo ideapad 310-15IKB with specs:

• Core i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50 GHz
    • 6 GB ram
    • Nvidia Geforce 920m

I already tried updating and uninstalling mouse and keyboard drivers. I did a complete reset of my laptop uninstalling all the apps and reinstalling windows 10. I noticed though that when I hit ctrl it will stop the flickering for a while but won't completely
    resolve the issue.

***Modified title from: Flickering cursor while extremely slowing down laptop and unable to use ctrl+v and ctrl+c***

F.LuffY, Sep 22, 2020
  3. TachengP Win User
    CURSOR'S KEEPING FLICKERING ON DELL 7559

My desktop has got stuck into this problem last year.

Cursor always keeps flickering with system operation one step delayed.

I must keep press Esc or Space bar to ensure cursor's stability and timely system response.

Besides my keyboard always gets stuck or sends no response when typing.

When you press "i" once, there will exist "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......" or nothing on screen.

Reinstall system or changing input device seems to be useless and due to this, these shouldn't be computer virus's masterpiece.

How can I deal with these weird problems?

TachengP, Sep 22, 2020
  4. Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording...

Device Manager > Sound > Recording "flickering"

Hi,

When you said you disabled it, did you actually disable the device by going to
    Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound
    > Recording, then right-clicking on the device and clicking on
    Disable? Also, have you tried to plug in another recording device to check if it will exhibit the same problem?

In the meantime, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.

• Right-click on the Start button, and select Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting
    • Click on Hardware and Sound > Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out on your response.

Aileen Alf, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording...

1. Weird behaviour - flickering cursor, incorrectly responding keyboard, nvidia recording... - Similar Threads - Weird behaviour flickering

2. Keyboard and cursor not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and cursor not responding: Please I need help... I just updated my keyboard driver only for me to restart my PC, my cursor is not showing and my keyboard is not responding my PC is password protected so no way for me to finish boot and access device and drivers...
  3. Keyboard and cursor not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard and cursor not responding: Please I need help... I just updated my keyboard driver only for me to restart my PC, my cursor is not showing and my keyboard is not responding my PC is password protected so no way for me to finish boot and access device and drivers...
  4. Keyboard and cursor not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Fullscreen optimizations causing weird screen/cursor behaviours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Fullscreen optimizations causing weird screen/cursor behaviours: Those so called fullscreen optimizations, doing absolutely nothing for my games but causing the mouse cursor stuck at middle of the screen when in game, can't play in windowed mode because of this ****, cannot even use overlay software properly due to this such as steam...
  6. weird keyboard behaviour

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  7. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  8. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  9. Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour from keyboard and various software: Running Windows 10 on a desktop. Replicated with different keyboards. All of this happened yesterday 1. Shift key in Firefox causes LEAVE PAGE. But no effect in OpenOffice 2. Typing an entry into File Explorer tries to autocomplete but flashes the title and won't allow...
  10. Weird keyboard behaviour at logon

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird keyboard behaviour at logon: I found myself unable to log on because typing my windows password was impossible ( managed to do it with on screen keyboard ) the problem is that when i press " i " for example it types "]i", when i press u for example it types " hyu " and very strange when i press...