Windows 10: Weird behaviour

Discus and support Weird behaviour in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mcj008, Sep 29, 2018.

1. mcj008 Win User

Weird behaviour

Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the 3rd time! When windows has finished installing all updates and I'm on the desktop, my pointer starts stuttering, freezing, sticking over icons,..loading Edge takes a few seconds and it gets worse when I close it and click on it again, also small exe files, like 1mb app don't even load. Restarting takes ages. I don't get this at all, everything is updated to its latest drivers. It seems I can not upgrade at all, I'm stuck with security updates, and can forget creator upgrades or whatever it's called. Does someone recognize this irritating behaviour and knows a solution? Please help!

:)

mcj008, Sep 29, 2018
  2. Jack4_335 Win User

External hard drive ununsual behaviour

Thank you for getting back so quickly. Unfortunately it displayed the same behaviour any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Jack4_335, Sep 29, 2018
  3. E61i weird WLAN behaviour

Just a quick update: this behaviour happens on other WLAN networks even where this only one access point. Connecting to email creates duplicate dummy entries in the WLAN search list.

Attempting to connect via the dummy entries gets an 'already connected' error. Unfortunately there is no way to tell the dummy from the real (although it always shows max connection strength).

Very, very, odd.

mafitzpatrick, Sep 29, 2018
  4. DW36594 Win User

Weird behaviour

weird windows 10 behaviour

Just wonder if anyone has encountered these behaviours? It happens to me every time without exception:

If I do a restart, the computer restarts but makes the windows 7-start sound.
    Upon getting to the desktop, the laptop battery meter is missing and the quiet hours, location and flight mode from the action centre are also missing.

If I then shut down the computer and start it up again, it start without making any sound and the battery meter and the three action centre icons reappear.

Apart from that, the computer/files are the same. Weird, it’s like having two different profiles.
    Ideas anyone?

DW36594, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Weird behaviour

1. Weird behaviour - Similar Threads - Weird behaviour

2. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird recent Windows behaviour: Hi! I am having 2 issues that i am actively dealing with.I would be happy if anyone could help me here. I provided the .dmp belowIssue 1: high priorityRecently i noticed my games crashing way more often than they normally would Transport Fever 2 crashes on a regular basis but...
  3. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird recent Windows behaviour: Hi! I am having 2 issues that i am actively dealing with.I would be happy if anyone could help me here. I provided the .dmp belowIssue 1: high priorityRecently i noticed my games crashing way more often than they normally would Transport Fever 2 crashes on a regular basis but...
  4. Weird recent Windows behaviour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Computer having weird behaviours until i restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer having weird behaviours until i restart.: This happens about every 3-4 days after i have restarted my computer and has been happening since early 2022.For the first 2 days after i have restarted, everything seems to be normal and everything is working properly until about 3 days where things start to go wrong, and...
  6. Computer having weird behaviours until i restart.

Computer having weird behaviours until i restart.: This happens about every 3-4 days after i have restarted my computer and has been happening since early 2022.For the first 2 days after i have restarted, everything seems to be normal and everything is working properly until about 3 days where things start to go wrong, and...
  7. Computer having weird behaviours until i restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Windows 10/11 - weird behaviour for ScreenOff and Suspend

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Windows 10/11 - weird behaviour for ScreenOff and Suspend: Hi,in relation to THIS thread I want to share my experience with Windows 10/11 not turning of the screen or going to sleep:Today, on this very day, I received two OTA updates in total. These were KB5022845 and KB5022497. Until this morning, I was struggling with the familiar...
  9. Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Windows 10/11 - weird behaviour for ScreenOff and Suspend

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog and Windows 10/11 - weird behaviour for ScreenOff and Suspend: Hi,in relation to THIS thread I want to share my experience with Windows 10/11 not turning of the screen or going to sleep:Today, on this very day, I received two OTA updates in total. These were KB5022845 and KB5022497. Until this morning, I was struggling with the familiar...
  10. Weird crashing behaviour with exe/install wizards and other windows 10 tools.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird crashing behaviour with exe/install wizards and other windows 10 tools.: Hello, I've asked a similar question before, but the issue is back and nothing seems to be helping from the previous answer.I'm getting a weird crashing behaviour when opening up exe files and running install wizards. They will open, work for a couple of seconds, freeze for a...