Windows 10: weird black line

Discus and support weird black line in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/ubopng5kav751.png?width=1678&format=png&auto=webp&s=7f2608104ced59446db5d268d560c798b4186ecd submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/omarelfarok, Jun 29, 2020.

1. weird black line

/u/omarelfarok, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile weird black line :)

3. Rose Cal Win User
    Pretty Weird

Hi J.R.,

Device driver or hardware performance may be the possible cause why you're experiencing black screen. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you experience black screen? If yes, could you provide us the screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot black
    screen. You can choose which you experience the black screen and perform the instruction.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 29, 2020
  4. weird black line

Black line

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that there is a black line that appears on the screen. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you have changed the wallpaper and checked if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, the issue may arise due to display driver conflicts.

I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the display driver and check if the issue persists.

Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• In the list of devices, you should see the Display drivers.
    • Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    • In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    • In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes”
      option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

weird black line

1. weird black line - Similar Threads - weird black line

2. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  3. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird lines on the monitor: Hi, all of a sudden my monitor HP Omen 25" 144hz using a display port connected to an assembled PC with NVIDIA 1660 running windows 10 started presenting weird subtle horizontal gray lines and I noticed almost like a drop in the video quality, I checked the settings for the...
  4. Weird lines on the monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  6. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  7. Weird display lines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird display lines: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-dArvd_kdwgxgH0nSvLrN6vqbELO1yZ/view?usp=sharing I have a video of my displayLink above I don't know why is it not clear. Earlier also my display was like this when we checked the motherboard we found that some CPU pins were broken. We bought...
  8. Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb: So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right frequency/size. However, when I tried to boot win10 from a usb, I got this weird screen which lingers for 2 minutes and then...
  9. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  10. Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem: Hello everyone, Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo...