Windows 10: Weird black lines on screen

Discus and support Weird black lines on screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by emilyxu3, May 7, 2020.

1. emilyxu3 Win User

Weird black lines on screen

Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??

:)

emilyxu3, May 7, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 7, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 7, 2020
  4. iDemor Win User

Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

Hello everyone,

Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo of AOC to dissappear and then boot up pc.

Now i have a really weird problem and i just cant figure it out, after looking on google the last couple of weeks im desperate to find the solution.

My pc works fine, nothing weird going on and it works how it should be for being a budget pc. But i still have the following problem: Whenever im booting up a game, or updating my graphics card or w/e. My screen sometimes (lets say once a day when using the pc for like 4 hours or something) gets all fuzzy/blurry. Better said, every single line of pixels from left to right on my screen are out of place. I made a picture of it but you cant nsee it on that picture. only on the left and the right of the screen are small white lines. the rest of the screen its just like all out of place. 1 total horizontal line moved 1 pixel to the left, line beneath moved like to the right etc. Its little bit hard to explain (and hard to google..)

This only happens when my pc has to transition to a black screen and back to a game or something. Lets say i boot up a game, it goes black for a second and then into the loading screen. Then it pops over to the fuzzy/blurry lines thing. This also happened when i updated my geforce graphics card. right between it goes to black (to install new drivers) and goes back to the screen it happens. Only on those occasions. On black screen transitions.

Well yeah i could just try to turn of my monitor and turn it back on. But when i do that my screen cant find any signal anymore. What is weird tho that when it has no signal it goes dark and the light stays orange. When this happens it keeps going green to orange the whole time saying no signal everytime. I can only fix this by rebooting my pc with the power button. After that, no problemo

My spec:
    CPU: G4560
    RAM: 2x Hyperx Ram
    GPU: GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G
    MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate
    MONITOR: AOC G2460V

Things i did:
    -DDU uninstall drivers and reinstall (with rebooting in between)
    -Power cord from monitor out of power supply and back in after few hours (read it somewhere on the internet with bad electricity
    - Uninstalled screen software (can switch settings with that)

Things worth noting:
    - Connected with Displayport
    - PS4 connected with HDMI does also not show no signal if i turn ps4 on first and screen second.
    - The menu where i can change screen settings it not out of place
    - When i turn ps4 on when this happens the screen of that is fine
    - IT NEVER happens during normal use, only on transitioning to black screen and back
    - I sometimes hear the ''disconnected'' sound windows provides when you like take out a USB stick or something.

Thing i will do coming days:
    - Power hub where i connected everything to has a failsafe in it (sometimes i hear it ticking) perhaps its giving
    faulty electricity?

Sorry for my bad english btw, its not great, i really hope someone knows something, if not im going to send my monitor first to check (because of ps4 also having trouble sometimes staying black screen)

iDemor, May 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird black lines on screen - Similar Threads - Weird black lines

2. Laptop screen shows weird lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop screen shows weird lines: While using my laptop today I started getting this weird screen glitch of vertical colored gray lines . Idk how it was caused but when I switched the adjust the apperance option for best performance to let windows decide . It began to start . I have provided the images in...
  3. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  4. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  5. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb: So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right frequency/size. However, when I tried to boot win10 from a usb, I got this weird screen which lingers for 2 minutes and then...
  7. weird black line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird black line: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/ubopng5kav751.png?width=1678&format=png&auto=webp&s=7f2608104ced59446db5d268d560c798b4186ecd submitted by /u/omarelfarok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi1w9i/weird_black_line/
  8. Weird Black Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Black Screen: So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer and the next time I turned my laptop on it gave a black screen and i was terrified. What I did was I was just force...
  9. Black Lines on Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Black Lines on Screen: Hello all, My computer started getting these weird black lines on the screen[ATTACH]. I asked a friend of mine, and he said the pixels had died. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I need to study with this constantly. Any help will be appreciated. [Original Title: My...
  10. Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem: Hello everyone, Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo...