Windows 10: Weird Black Screen

Discus and support Weird Black Screen in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DontDare6, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Weird Black Screen

So I was browsing this subreddit and found a video on how to disable bing in windows search and I did it and It worked but then I shut down my computer and the next time I turned my laptop on it gave a black screen and i was terrified. What I did was I was just force restarting the laptop again and again and then once i tried leaving it on the blackscreen, I saw a loading cursor and finally I was successful to log on. Can anyone tell me why this happened and What should i do and not do to prevent these kind of things to happen?

submitted by /u/DontDare6
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DontDare6, Feb 8, 2020

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Weird Black Screen

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Weird Black Screen

1. Weird Black Screen - Similar Threads - Weird Black Screen

2. weird black squares and black screen flashing on both screens

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird black squares and black screen flashing on both screens: Sapphire Pulse AMD Radeon RX 6600 Gaming 8GB GDDR6 weird black squares and black screen pop upHello as the title indicates it, my graphic card at random times does at first, some multiples black squares and then black screen it all last not more like 2seconds and never in...
  3. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  4. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird black screen: This happened just now, I have an expensive Acer Nitro 5 laptop, and while I was talking to my friends on an app app caled discord, random black screen, no cursor, nothing, I restart, and after a few seconds the same black screen pops up, there is no sound, nothing, I then...
  5. Weird black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Weird Black Screen after logging in

Weird Black Screen after logging in: A friend of mine is seeing a weird black screen about 6 minutes after logging in to his HP Laptop. This is the screen: [ATTACH]He tried restarting and running a scan using Kaspersky, but the problem persisted. However, upon running safe mode, the problem didn't appear. Apart...
  7. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  8. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  9. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  10. Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one)

Black Screen On Startup (This is a weird one): So as of a few days ago I came back home from school and even though my pc was on before i left the house and working properly, the screen was black when i came home, now I have tried all the types of troubleshooting and I dont quite understand what could be the problem...