Windows 10: Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

Discus and support Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SnazzyPenguino7, Dec 25, 2020.

1. Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right frequency/size. However, when I tried to boot win10 from a usb, I got this weird screen which lingers for 2 minutes and then everything turns off.

Do I just need to recreate the media for the usb on a different pc again or is there a bigger problem?

Thanks in advance

:)

SnazzyPenguino7, Dec 25, 2020

2. USB ports fail, then blue screen of death on three Windows 10 computers -- Can this be fixed or is this caused by a virus?

Hi Grace,

It's possible that certain drivers, such as USB and other device drivers are causing blue screen errors on your PC. Another factor is due to a conflicting third-party software. Now, before we get into the solution, were you able to boot your computer normally
    or can it boot to the desktop screen? If yes, then we suggest that you run the
    Hardware diagnostic tool
    on your PC. Just type troubleshooter on the
    Search box, press Enter, then look for
    Hardware and Devices
    , and click Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter didn't resolve the port issue, then might as well you update the USB driver, and the BIOS firmware of your computer.

In addition to that, if you're still getting a blue/black screen error after performing the recommended steps, then we suggest that refer to the troubleshooting steps from these articles:

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Dec 25, 2020
  3. Grace444 Win User
    USB ports fail, then blue screen of death on three Windows 10 computers -- Can this be fixed or is this caused by a virus?

Marque:

"were you to able to your computer normally or can it boot to the desktop screen?" No. All that displays upon (re)booting are blue screen messages. Because of this, we cannot perform the tasks you listed such as troubleshooting
    blue screen errors. No error number appears. I do have several jpg's of the various blue screens that display (I described them in my first message). Let me know if it would be helpful for me to attach one or more. Thanks.

Grace444, Dec 25, 2020
  4. iDemor Win User

Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

Weird screen lines after black screen transition problem

Hello everyone,

Sometime ago i made a thread on this forum about my monitor sometimes showing ''no signal'' after cold pc boot. (monitor on first, then booting pc, no signal, hard reset pc and it worked). I got around this by first booting up my screen, wait for the logo of AOC to dissappear and then boot up pc.

Now i have a really weird problem and i just cant figure it out, after looking on google the last couple of weeks im desperate to find the solution.

My pc works fine, nothing weird going on and it works how it should be for being a budget pc. But i still have the following problem: Whenever im booting up a game, or updating my graphics card or w/e. My screen sometimes (lets say once a day when using the pc for like 4 hours or something) gets all fuzzy/blurry. Better said, every single line of pixels from left to right on my screen are out of place. I made a picture of it but you cant nsee it on that picture. only on the left and the right of the screen are small white lines. the rest of the screen its just like all out of place. 1 total horizontal line moved 1 pixel to the left, line beneath moved like to the right etc. Its little bit hard to explain (and hard to google..)

This only happens when my pc has to transition to a black screen and back to a game or something. Lets say i boot up a game, it goes black for a second and then into the loading screen. Then it pops over to the fuzzy/blurry lines thing. This also happened when i updated my geforce graphics card. right between it goes to black (to install new drivers) and goes back to the screen it happens. Only on those occasions. On black screen transitions.

Well yeah i could just try to turn of my monitor and turn it back on. But when i do that my screen cant find any signal anymore. What is weird tho that when it has no signal it goes dark and the light stays orange. When this happens it keeps going green to orange the whole time saying no signal everytime. I can only fix this by rebooting my pc with the power button. After that, no problemo

My spec:
    CPU: G4560
    RAM: 2x Hyperx Ram
    GPU: GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G
    MOBO: MSI B250 PC Mate
    MONITOR: AOC G2460V

Things i did:
    -DDU uninstall drivers and reinstall (with rebooting in between)
    -Power cord from monitor out of power supply and back in after few hours (read it somewhere on the internet with bad electricity
    - Uninstalled screen software (can switch settings with that)

Things worth noting:
    - Connected with Displayport
    - PS4 connected with HDMI does also not show no signal if i turn ps4 on first and screen second.
    - The menu where i can change screen settings it not out of place
    - When i turn ps4 on when this happens the screen of that is fine
    - IT NEVER happens during normal use, only on transitioning to black screen and back
    - I sometimes hear the ''disconnected'' sound windows provides when you like take out a USB stick or something.

Thing i will do coming days:
    - Power hub where i connected everything to has a failsafe in it (sometimes i hear it ticking) perhaps its giving
    faulty electricity?

Sorry for my bad english btw, its not great, i really hope someone knows something, if not im going to send my monitor first to check (because of ps4 also having trouble sometimes staying black screen)

iDemor, Dec 25, 2020
Thema:

Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb

1. Weird blue/black lined screen while booting from usb - Similar Threads - Weird blue black

2. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen

Windows 10 upgrade boots to Black Screen/ USB boots to Blue Screen: 1. Super simple PC that worked fine but needed upgrade to WIN10. Basic media PC with plex and 2 drives 2. Installed Win10 and it now boots to black screen with cursor. 3. Contacted Support and made a USB boot disk 4. If I boot into USB WIN 10, the screen goes to blue...
  4. Weird blue and black lined screen when booting new pc from usb

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird blue and black lined screen when booting new pc from usb: So I just built a new pc, booted it up, got through to bios, and everything worked through there, everything was there and running at the right frequency/size. However, when I tried to boot win10 from a usb, I got this weird screen which lingers for 2 minutes and then...
  5. Black Screen from usb boot

Black Screen from usb boot: I have been trying to boot from usb to upgrade windows 10. The screen shows a blinking cursor , then the windows logo and restarts, it even crashes completely sometimes , and I couldn't get to install no updates through the media creation tool directly , and unfortunately I...
  6. weird black line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird black line: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/ubopng5kav751.png?width=1678&format=png&auto=webp&s=7f2608104ced59446db5d268d560c798b4186ecd submitted by /u/omarelfarok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi1w9i/weird_black_line/
  7. Weird black lines on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird black lines on screen: Some how my screen has been cut down, now having black lines on the top of the screen. I can not hover my mouse over it as it won't let me. I have tried the resolution setting but has not seemed to work. How can I get my screen back to normal??...
  8. Blue screen while booting from usb with win10

Blue screen while booting from usb with win10: Hello, I am trying to reinstall Windows 10 on my PC. It was installed before, but I decided to dual boot with Ubuntu and broke Windows on the process. I can use Ubuntu fine. I have a usb with win10 iso, I tried it on a different PC and the installer starts well, but on my PC...
  9. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...
  10. Weird black-screen issue at boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird black-screen issue at boot: I have an older Toshiba laptop with Intel HD Graphics. With a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro (1903), it boots to a black screen. When I press and hold the power button to shut it down and try again, it shuts down (or appears to) after about 2 seconds - and when I release the...