Windows 10: Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem

Discus and support Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I've owned my current computer for around a year now, and it was a brand new ROG PC when I got it. When I purchased it I upgraded it's RAM but past... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yallneedjeezuss, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem

Hi

I've owned my current computer for around a year now, and it was a brand new ROG PC when I got it. When I purchased it I upgraded it's RAM but past that I've left everything as is, and it's performed perfect for the entire time until recently. I run Windows 10 and keep it and my drivers updated as I use the PC for programming and gaming.

About a week ago I was using it and randomly both my keyboard and mouse stopped working at the same time without prompt. From what I can tell there was no cause of it, I was just watching Youtube and had no popups that I noticed of any updates happening or the like. They both have LEDs and none of them were lighting up, and pressing buttons/moving the mouse did nothing. This affected both my keyboard and mouse at the same time, but none of my other USB things (My headphones require a USB port and worked fine, and I was able to plug in my phone and get the popup of a new device/start charging it.)

I tried the obvious things- A different keyboard/mouse, changing which USB slot they were plugged into, button mashing, but nothing worked, so my only other option was to force restart. The keyboard and mouse both lit up during the beginning of the boot cycle, and I was later able to get into BIOS to see if anything in there was weird (nothing was,) but the second it got to starting to load windows I encountered my first blue screen.

The blue screen showed for about 5 seconds (with no error code,) before my computer force restarted. The second restart, it went to an ROG "attempting to repair screen," where halfway through it crashed and the computer restarted.

It went through this cycle 3 or 4 times, before finally getting to an ROG repair screen that gave me two options: system restore, or reinstall windows. I chose a system restore and went to one about a month ago, and things worked fine.

Then, last night, the exact same thing happened. This time I was in Unity when both my keyboard and mouse failed at the same time, but again with no prompt or warning, and using a new keyboard/mouse and trying all the other USB slots failed to fix the keyboard and mouse (But my headphones were fine and I could charge things from USB.) Force restart, and again cycle of ROG repair screens and blue screens, crashing and loading back through themselves with no input.

This time I opted for reinstalling windows, as doing a system restore only fixed it for a week.
    I ran the Intel Processor Diagnostic tool, Windows Memory Diagnostic, checked both of my hard drives for errors through the windows utility, and checked my BIOS, fan speeds, temperatures, etc. There's no obvious issue with the hardware or anything I can see with my PC. I am updated to the latest windows 10, with the latest drivers etc.

What I'm wondering, is if it happens again, what my next step is? As windows fails to ever load again and I can't use any keyboard or mouse, I can't open any sort of Log files or do any tests after it initially starts happening, and when I restore/Reinstall windows they're all lost.

I don't know of any other diagnostic step to take, or what the culprit could even be if it isn't a hard drive fault or RAM/CPU issue. I would think that a system restore would have fixed it, and I initially blamed bad drivers but then I updated to latest drivers and it worked, then it happened again anyway.

Best case scenario it never happens again now that I reinstalled windows, but if it does what exactly do I do? Does it mean it's time for a new motherboard? I consider myself not bad with computers but this has gotten totally beyond me. I don't even have the first idea what would have caused it in the first place, as whatever it was affected all keyboard/mouse but nothing else, and then after a force restart somehow destroyed windows? It's also really confusing that everything works fine and then it happens without warning. It's not like the computer gets hot, or a windows update happens and then it fails. I'm also hesistant to blame hardware when everything continued to work fine at the BIOS phase of booting up.

submitted by /u/yallneedjeezuss
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yallneedjeezuss, Jan 18, 2021

2. Blue Screen problem

Hi,

The issue occurs due to corrupted system file. In order for us to assist you, please answer the questions below:

• Were there any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the exact error messages?
    • Can you please provide us the screenshot of the blue screen error?

To isolate the issue, we suggest to check this article:
    Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    . It contains troubleshooting steps pertaining to the issue.

We look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 18, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Roan T Win User

Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem

Blue Screen

Hi,

Blue screens could be caused by problems with your computer’s hardware or with its driver. Still, we
    would like to know more about the issue. Please clarify the following:

• Did you get a STOP code?
    • Did you install any hardware or driver recently?

For basic troubleshooting steps to resolve blue screen errors, we suggest checking out this
    article and simply follow the steps.

Feel free to contact us if you need further help.

Roan T, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem

1. Weird blue screen/windows corruption problem - Similar Threads - Weird blue screen

2. Windows Blue Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Blue Screen Problem: Hello, I accidentally left my computer on last night around 1pm and when I woke up it was off. When I turn it back on, I get a blue screen telling me this :Of course, I tried any solutions we can read on internet like turning off and on his computer several times. Nothing...
  3. Windows Blue Screen Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Blue Screen Problem: Hello, I accidentally left my computer on last night around 1pm and when I woke up it was off. When I turn it back on, I get a blue screen telling me this :Of course, I tried any solutions we can read on internet like turning off and on his computer several times. Nothing...
  4. Windows blue screen problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows blue screen problem: My laptop keeps restarting itself from this error i found on Event viewer, it hasnt happened before and its constantly started to happen lately. I dont think its from thermal throttling, temps after extended stress tests temps dont go that high, gpu 65-70c cpu max 85c. Does...
  5. Weird system hangs and blue screens

Weird system hangs and blue screens: Hey guys having some really weird issues i just cant seem to troubleshoot. Issue one is even with sleep mode turned off everywhere I have an issue where the pc is randomly going to sleep but i cant wake it up. I have to just restart and it boots up fine. The other issue im...
  6. Blue screen problem

Blue screen problem: Basically i have the blue screen problem, so when i follow Stephen to restart it says that my pc did not start correctly or troubleshooter couldnt fix the problem so it stay un the option screen. I select restart but say there is an error and so with every available option...
  7. Weird Blue Screen instead of Background windows 10

Weird Blue Screen instead of Background windows 10: I have a fix for this that works 90% of the time. C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\Sunny Sho 2\DesktopBackground C:\Users\John\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes\CachedFiles Copy picture from background to cached files. close and restart...
  8. Weird problem installing 1903 or 1909 - blue screen repeatedly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem installing 1903 or 1909 - blue screen repeatedly: This all started with a Windows Update problem. I couldn't get certain updates to work - they would blue screen repeatedly. I was able to get back into safe mode and uninstall the recent updates to fix it, but it keeps doing this. After a couple of hours of monkeying with...
  9. Blue Screen Problem

Blue Screen Problem: Built this PC two months ago, had blue screen errors such as memory management and system service exception. It happens every time I use my computer. It is so annoying! Please help me fix it. https://1drv.ms/f/s!AmSvsBBNO4xYiFQbEgzHQCzpJxF_...
  10. weirdly corrupted os

in Windows 10 Support
    weirdly corrupted os: Ok so the biggest problem I have here is that after restarting the pc (the restart takes around 20mins btw, I've timed it, it's just stuck on the restart screen for 20mins before doing it), I log on to my account(it also takes a minute or 2 for this, that's when I know it's...