Windows 10: weird boot times

Discus and support weird boot times in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; recently have had horrendous boot and shut down times and I don't know why, I've looked into fast startup and my problem is the following: if I have it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Kinokiru, Dec 6, 2020.

1. weird boot times

recently have had horrendous boot and shut down times and I don't know why, I've looked into fast startup and my problem is the following: if I have it enabled the startup is fine but when I shut down it takes a long time and sometimes it doesn't even shut down. and if I have fast startup disabled the startup times takes really long time to start up and its instant shut down.

the ting is I never had this issue it was always fast bootup and fast shut down it so sudden is it my overclock (which I don't think) or that I have 50mb to hardware reserved on my ram or did a windows update do this?

submitted by /u/Kinokiru
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Kinokiru, Dec 6, 2020

2. query about speed of boot time

Hello,

Please be informed that, if there are many startup items on the desktop, it will take time to boot up to the desktop screen. It is the ideal time to boot up.

Also, suggest you to run the system maintenance troubleshooter.

Its a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with system.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key +X, select
    Control panel.

2 . Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the System Maintenance troubleshooter.

Do let us know the status of your concern. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Dec 6, 2020
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Dec 6, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

weird boot times

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

weird boot times

1. weird boot times - Similar Threads - weird boot times

2. Weird Boot Issues and others

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Boot Issues and others: Hi,I have a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14ALC6 which came with windows 10, now upgraded to win 11.I recently noticed my laptop getting into weird issues like getting stuck for sometime at the time of boot, specifically when windows is being loaded the little circle going around. After a...
  3. Computer booting up weird

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer booting up weird: My computer will not start up. When I flip the switch on the power supply, the cpu and gpu fan spin but the power supply fan twitches and no other power is given throughout the computer. I bought a new power supply and it is still giving the same problem....
  4. Weird boot situation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird boot situation: I have a really weird boot setup, and due to this, I'm not able to recover Windows 11 normally. Right now, I am dual-booting Windows, 11 and Windows 8.1. I am trying to put the Windows installer on my flash drive, but Chrome doesn't have enough disk space, which is wrong,...
  5. Weird boot situation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird boot situation: I have a really weird boot setup, and due to this, I'm not able to recover Windows 11 normally. Right now, I am dual-booting Windows, 11 and Windows 8.1. I am trying to put the Windows installer on my flash drive, but Chrome doesn't have enough disk space, which is wrong,...
  6. Weird Freezing After Boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Freezing After Boot: Hello there, I have had an issue that is very odd on my computer recently. Sometimes when I boot up my computer or wake it from sleep sometimes after use for about 5 minutes all internet access will stop and the computer will freeze. I can click around tabs however the whole...
  7. Boot is weird

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Boot is weird: Whenever I boot my pc it boots into the OS but I'm supposed to see the windows logo with the loading screen also. I just see the loading. How do I make the windows icon appear also? When I use a virtual machine it appears but in my actual pc, it's gone! If you don't...
  8. Weird boot screen

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird boot screen: I had avg antivirus and avg said there was an update so i did it and then it asked me to reboot my pc and i did that and now it dosen't come up with windows but with information? [IMG] Above is how it looks....
  9. Weird glitch where Windows booted into First time setup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird glitch where Windows booted into First time setup: Hello everyone. Today while playing a game, both of my screens went black and all of my fans went AWOL. Now this is a known glitch with this game, and only happens with certain actions you perform. It's a game that's very well known, about building and shit. Well, when I...
  10. Weird time and date on taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird time and date on taskbar?: Instead of the time and date usually appearing next to my icons on the far right, i have to click the bottom near the icons to get it to show up and it makes my far right icons smaller. how do i fix this?[ATTACH]...