Windows 10: weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

Discus and support weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications i searched for solution but it doesn't work please help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by yamanezaidi, Mar 24, 2019.

1. weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications i searched for solution but it doesn't work please help me

:)

yamanezaidi, Mar 24, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

No recent document for applications on start menu

These list of recent files are called Jump Lists. Windows 10 still has them, but now you get them by right-clicking on the application on the Start menu (or on an application pinned to the taskbar).

If you can't see a jump list this way, check that 'Show recently opened items in Jump Lists on Start or the taskbar' is turned on in:
    Settings > Personalise > Start

NB: Be careful with this setting. The way to clear all Jump Lists is turn this setting off then back on again.

3. Start menu search not finding applications?

Do you have "All apps" listed after you click on the start button ?

weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications [​IMG]

Then a list of apps ?

weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications [​IMG]

COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Yvonne Win User

weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications

1. weird boxes apear in place of logos in start menu and applications - Similar Threads - weird boxes apear

2. Random text Keep apearing on Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random text Keep apearing on Windows Logo: I keep getting this when windows start sometimes it got stuck, i tried all the possible fix like chkdsk /r /f , scf /scannow , Dism , going to safeboot and also to recovery , to do all of that. but still encounter that. Can someone help?Sorry for my bad english, im new here....
  3. Random text Keep apearing on Windows Logo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random text Keep apearing on Windows Logo: I keep getting this when windows start sometimes it got stuck, i tried all the possible fix like chkdsk /r /f , scf /scannow , Dism , going to safeboot and also to recovery , to do all of that. but still encounter that. Can someone help?Sorry for my bad english, im new here....
  4. Random text Keep apearing on Windows Logo

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. weird photo logo appearing in place of normal icons in windows 10

in Cortana
    weird photo logo appearing in place of normal icons in windows 10: this is the condition when I typed in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-photo-logo-appearing-in-place-of-normal/7664b9d6-c515-4727-aa83-a0fc09f551f0
  6. start menu boxes gray

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    start menu boxes gray: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/go_beavs [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jqcags/start_menu_boxes_gray/
  7. Place permanent image in start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Place permanent image in start menu: With the pandemic i'm using my usual PC to study, so I thought to integrate things into easy to access places. I'd like to have my calendar with classes and times in my start menu, but I cant seem to find a way to put a picture in it for easy viewing whenever I press the...
  8. Getting tab out of games and start menu apears

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting tab out of games and start menu apears: I instaled the new update and when i enter a game i get tab out of it as soon at it is loaded. 5804
  9. How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Be Able To Place Start Menu Tiles Anywher On Start Menu: I've expanded the size of the Start Menu so I can put a lot of Tiles there, but when I drag a Tile to a new location it sometimes bounces back to where it had been. Other times moving a Tile somewhere will cause another Tile so shift to somewhere else. How can I instruct the...
  10. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...