Windows 10: WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

Discus and support WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi, When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by WavingErwin, Oct 15, 2020.

1. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

Hi,

When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine.

I have tried everything I can find online, including:

- Reinstall all apps with PowerShell

- Clearing IconCache

I want to avoid doing a PC Reset Recovery.

System details:

Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.572
    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

Please kindly help and thank you!

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search c324f226-e7e9-40f4-a12d-0cc784113fdd?upload=true.png

:)

WavingErwin, Oct 15, 2020
  2. gasolin Win User

No outlook.com app shortcut icon in chrome

Uninstalling chrome make's the chrome Outlook.com app https://chrome.google.com/webstore/search/hotmail checker i use, disappear from chrome as a shortcut next to the star button for bookmarks and the settings button where i have adblock and google chromecast icon

How do i get it back, i use windows 8.1 64 bit, extremly annoying that i can't get this icon,button back in chrome, please help me *Smile WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search :)

gasolin, Oct 15, 2020
  3. Mr0P Win User
    Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

I tried what you said, the problem still exists.

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search [​IMG]

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search [​IMG]

4. NUR
    Nur Win User

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

Windows 10 search result shows no icon for Store apps?

After several automated updates since installation, my windows start menu search is broken. It couldn't show icons for any Windows 10 apps, but for regular legacy program the icon is displayed properly? Any possible way to fix this?

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search C4U8q.png

EDIT: Automated suggestion suggest me this Q&A, but the solution there doesn't solve my problem. I had the preset to "best appearance", so the checkbox mentioned there already checked, along with everything else. So please don't blindly mark it as duplicate.

Thema:

WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

1. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search - Similar Threads - WEIRD BROKEN APP

2. Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search

in Cortana
    Apps on windows 10 doesnt show icons on search: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  3. Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon

in Cortana
    Apps on windows 10 search doesnt show icon: this happens to every windows app except for the ones i downloaded on websites, however in the start menu all icons are showing like usual, i have deleted my thumbnail cache multiple times already but its still the same....
  4. WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WEIRD BROKEN APP ICONS, HELP! Windows 10 Apps Showing the SAME Icon in Search: Hi, When I use the Search box in the taskbar to find an app quickly, several apps shows the same icons instead of showing the right icon app. Usually are apps from the Microsoft Store. In my case I'm talking specifically of Slack, Spotify and Skype. Help please....
  5. Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.

in Cortana
    Windows Search Bar App Icons not showing their icons.: Hi, I'm dealing with an issue where ONLY Windows UWP apps don't show their icons but only show and photo icon blank. [ATTACH] Above shows me searching up 'Settings' and it comes up with the blank photo. You can also see 'Steam' come up a non-UWP app; but 'Alarms & Clock'...
  6. BROKEN ICONS PLS HELP! Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search

in Cortana
    BROKEN ICONS PLS HELP! Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search: Hi, When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine. I have tried everything I can find online, including: - Reinstall all apps with PowerShell - Clearing IconCache I...
  7. Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search

in Cortana
    Windows 10 APPS Icons Showing the Same Icon MS News in Search: Hi When searching, icons for Windows Apps are all showing the Microsoft News icon see screenshot below. Icons for normal Applications are showing fine. System details: Windows 10 20H2 Build 19042.572 Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 Please help...
  8. Help: Windows App Icons not showing in Search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help: Windows App Icons not showing in Search: [ATTACH] Recently I've noticed that when searching for Windows Apps they aren't showing the correct icon but rather the Photo App icon. It may have been when I changed some settings in the Photos app but I'm not sure. They display fine in the Start menu but not in Search....
  9. Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window search for app shows missing icon for app instead of the app's icon: I wrote a windows app and wrapped it with msix. I sideloaded the app. The app shows the correct icon in the start menu, pin it to start menu for icon sizes small, medium, wide, and large, or pin it to the taskbar. The icon in the applications title also displays correctly....
  10. Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken Windows 10 store app icon in search result.: Today I had run "wsreset.exe" to reset my Windows 10 store after completing the Windows 10 store app icons appear broken in search results in Start Menu. I've attached the image to get the better idea of what I'm talking about. Did anyone face the issue after using...