Windows 10: Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

Discus and support Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Does anyone have any idea what this is? It has been like this for quite some time, I have tried factory resetting the laptop mutliple times and no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DHoustonHE, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

Does anyone have any idea what this is? It has been like this for quite some time, I have tried factory resetting the laptop mutliple times and no luck.

Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop [​IMG]

:)

DHoustonHE, Jul 13, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 13, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Ge285 Win User

Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

Search icon does not appear on the task bar

I have a laptop and a recently I bought a desktop Pc running windows 10 home edition. The search icon (next to the windows symbol) does not appear on the task bar on the Pc. It does show on the laptop however. Why is it that? I click on the task bar
    with the right button of the mouse and a list appears containing the “search” link on the laptop but that does not appear on the Pc. Also the “cascade windows”, “Show windows stacked” and “show windows side by side” appear grey that is inactive. Both laptop
    and Pc run windows 10 Home edition. Could it be something wrong with the installation? I bought the Pc (a Dell inspiron) recently and today I installed the software. But why is it that the search icon does not show on the task bar and actually it is missing
    from the list that appears when I click on the task bar with the right button of the mouse? Any help would be welcome.

Ge285, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop

1. Weird "broken" icons on search bar of windows 10 laptop - Similar Threads - Weird broken icons

2. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar: Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does nothing except seemingly try to open a window then stop. What is this and as it looks awful, how do I get rid of it?As you can...
  3. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar: Hi,I've used Windows 10 for a while now and today noticed a weird icon in the search bar - a microphone with music symbols. When I click it, it does nothing except seemingly try to open a window then stop. What is this and as it looks awful, how do I get rid of it?As you can...
  4. Weird icon in Windows 10 search bar

in Cortana
  5. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  6. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Icon in my Windows search bar: Has anyone ever seen that before? Everywhere I check online doesn’t have it! Everyone I’ve asked online has never seen it. I haven’t been actively downloading anything and I didn’t add that or interact with the search bar in a few days. Any clues what it could be? Is it safe?...
  7. Weird Icon in my Windows search bar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Search bar broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search bar broken: My search stopped working a few days ago, and when I opened it, it closed.As it lets me type and then disappears when I continue, it does not show any results or error messages....
  9. Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken"

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Icons in search bar appearing as "broken": A few days ago I accidently cut the power to my PC and when I turned it back on, all Icons in the search bar started appearing as broken. Screenshot: [ATTACH] I first thought that this could be a issue with the Icon cache, but I reset and rebuilt it multiple times and the...
  10. Search bar broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search bar broken: i cant search what the hell? ive tried everything, restarting search.UI, troubleshooting, restarting the PC. does anybody experiecne the same thing? ive tried to upload a screenshot but somehow reddit gave me an error submitted by /u/boigang420 [link] [comments]...