Windows 10: Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...

Discus and support Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Samio25 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ezg4td/weird_bug_desktop_background_being_removed_by/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Samio25, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...

/u/Samio25, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Error 404 Win User
    Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed... :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...

Remove Linux Desktop Icons

Removing Icons

Hi,

Sorry. I should have said that I am using Gnome. My post related to the method for removing all desktop icons. The right click and move to trash method works for any added icons but it doesn't work for the Trash and Home folder icons which are installed as standard. (If you right click on them, you don't get a remover to trash option.)

Malcolm

madd_axeman, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed...

1. Weird bug, desktop background being removed by selection box, moving an icon removed... - Similar Threads - Weird bug desktop

2. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  3. how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove icon on desktop that can not be moved: Icon on desktop can not be removed or moved . i want to delete it and I can not do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-icon-on-desktop-that-can-not-be/9568290b-65d7-41e3-9c95-05604cf6797d
  4. removing desktop icon shadow

in Windows 10 Customization
    removing desktop icon shadow: This is a bug that Microsoft has protected for >5 years. "We are glad that you have chosen Windows 10. I can understand that you are facing some concern regarding personalization of your desktop. Please let me help you. July 2015" No Help at all. I never asked for a shadow...
  5. Desktop icons randomly removed?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop icons randomly removed?: https://imgur.com/a/D4CUM90 (sorry if this is the wrong sub) Today, when I booted up my PC, a bunch of desktop icons were missing. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/CraftyTim [link] [comments]...
  6. desktop icons safely remove

desktop icons safely remove: What happens when I remove an icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icons-safely-remove/53e04827-891e-43d4-bf05-d7589bb7b734
  7. Weird background bug.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird background bug.: For some reason, my background would change into a different picture for no reason, I can't even find the picture in any of my PCs files. The picture below is what it gets changed to.[ATTACH]...
  8. Remove desktop icon highlight?

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove desktop icon highlight?: Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I...
  9. How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to remove ‘Select privacy settings’ box: After updating Windows 10 before shut down, i booted up my laptop to find a box asking me to select privacy settings. No matter how many times i select and click okay, it won’t go away. Just keeps telling me to try again. Short of resetting my laptop, there is nothing else I...
  10. Remove icons from moving

Remove icons from moving: I have installed windows 10 enterprise v1607 on my personal computer. When i assign an icon to a folder and move it from a drive to another one it appears with the original icon. What's the problem and the solution? [img] 65052