Windows 10: Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened

Discus and support Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Turned on my computer, it said there was an update it was installing But the screen was split down the middle. Like when you have two monitors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheBeeSovereign, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened

Turned on my computer, it said there was an update it was installing

But the screen was split down the middle. Like when you have two monitors displaying the same thing, except the right hand side displayed more than the left hand side did, with the whole left half of the screen completely invisible but still there and able to be interacted with.

https://i.imgur.com/NHhTlG1.jpg

It did this. I'm very confused. Settings didn't detect a second monitor, either. It's hard to see on the image cuz phone camera but the mouse is visible on both screens, but only the right "screen" shows a bit of task manager. I could view take manager on the left hand side if I dragged it all the way on screen on the right hand side, though.

I've been using this TV for like 6 months and this hasn't happened before, so it's definitely not, like, the tv. Different HDMI didn't fix it, didn't try a different monitor, couldn't find any settings to fix it.

But restarting did. Anyway, I'm curious if anybody knows what freaked out to make it do that cuz it is honestly kinda funny and weird.

submitted by /u/TheBeeSovereign
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheBeeSovereign, Oct 29, 2019

2. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 29, 2019
  3. csatennis Win User
    Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

I have been trying to fix this for months. Your solution Method 1 seemed to work. THANK YOU!!!!

csatennis, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened

Weird file path bug?

Hello guys, I curious about this bug thing... It is weird, err... not really weird tho.

Since I installed Windows last week, I got this software named Networx from SoftPerfect reporting weird file path, as you can see in the screenshot below :

Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened a3e3cf81-1894-4e66-af67-e706fe03a123.png

The correct one should be,

B:0\ -> C:\

B:1\ -> G:\

B:2\ -> A:\

B:3\ -> C:\

I believe this is a bug from Windows, because I see a Windows Firewall popped up with a weird file path too

Help anyone?

Thanks,

Smankusors, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened

1. Weird bug. Fixed it by restarting but I'm more curious about what actually happened - Similar Threads - Weird bug Fixed

2. I'm curious if anybody actually likes this thing? Or if everybody is like me and just...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I'm curious if anybody actually likes this thing? Or if everybody is like me and just...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MadMax052 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mtocei/im_curious_if_anybody_actually_likes_this_thing/
  3. Curious about Workgroups

Curious about Workgroups: Just learned about workgroups, domains, and homegroups. Since all Windows 10 systems are assigned a default workgroup of WORKGROUP, does that technically mean all Windows systems not on a domain are in a workgroup with at least 1 person? I know this question is kinda silly;...
  4. Curious about this

Curious about this: Is the disk partition System Reserved the same as the system drive? submitted by /u/Jaykocravden [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hssyzb/curious_about_this/
  5. Curious About Storage Sense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Curious About Storage Sense: I found articles on the web about a feature in Windows 10 Called Storage sense. However. none of the examples I see look nothing like mine. When I'm in 'Storage' I don't get a list of files to delete among other things. Also, I don't see a link to 'Change the way we free...
  6. I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows10

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows10: In learning it that is, and I help people do just that; I was randomly prompted to leave them a response to their Feedback Hub while I was using Settings or something: "Dumbed-down for power users, too many things hidden and unintuitive for average and new users, oversized...
  7. I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm curious what you think of my feedback to Microsoft about Windows 1: In learning it that is, and I help people do just that; I was randomly prompted to leave them a response to their Feedback Hub while I was using Settings or something: "Dumbed-down for power users, too many things hidden and unintuitive for average and new users, oversized...
  8. Curious about Audio Drivers...

Curious about Audio Drivers...: Hi guys, I'm just wondering, AMD installed their audio drivers together with software however should I replace it with Realtek Drivers? I wonder if I should download it from realtek website (2017) or motherboard website (2015) or windows website (2019) submitted by...
  9. I'm curious about how to buy it.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I'm curious about how to buy it.: Hi, I am a user who lives in Korea. I want to buy win10_mars. Tell me the specific methods and costs. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-curious-about-how-to-buy-it/2934bd08-9560-47a5-8de6-d2297a62d400"
  10. Curious about drives in Macrium

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Curious about drives in Macrium: I'm just wondering about all the small drives listed in Macrium. Is this normal to have all these 260, 128 mb and 450 mb listings? I have two hard drives, one SSD with Windows on (500 gb) and one secondary HD (3 TB). Drive letters C and H. Plus a Card reader internally built...