Windows 10: weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines

Discus and support weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I use letters when designing patterns for my work with images.I have lots of language packs on my old laptop and now when I got a new one the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by peppehksedin, Sep 20, 2021.

1. weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines

Hi, I use letters when designing patterns for my work with images.I have lots of language packs on my old laptop and now when I got a new one the language packs have on my old is greyed out and I can´t install them on my new one! I´m of course logged in on my same Microsoft user account but this is really weird.Do I really need to make a new user to be able to install them?? That is too much work.Help me, please! Peppe

:)

peppehksedin, Sep 20, 2021

2. Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem Enzo have had!

In my PC with Windows 10 (build 10586.29) I added the Italian language in the language section of settings but I had in the Windows display language the "A language pack isn't available"

I proceeded with all the steps above indicated but i could not to install language pack from MSDN (I had the message: "The language cannot be installed on this computer" with two different language packs)

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

MaurizioDesperate, Sep 20, 2021
  3. zdhiu Win User
    Problems in installing a language pack in Windows 10

UP to today, searching, downloading and installing language pack is still time very consuming, very headack process! Ever MS make this process standard, easy available?

zdhiu, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Kari Win User

weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines

Applying (British) language pack - CU

Changing Windows system (base) language can be done with Sysprep. It's both easy and fast. The below process takes two three minutes, excluding the time required to install a language pack.

Step 1: Install language pack for the preferred system language you want to change to

Step 2: Run following command to force Windows to reboot to OOBE:

%windir%\System32\Sysprep\Sysprep.exe /oobe /reboot

weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines [​IMG]

Step 3: Windows will restart in OOBE (Windows Welcome). Select new system language:

weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines [​IMG]

This does not only change the system language, it also changes number, date, time and other formats globally (24H clock, week starts on Monday and so on when switching from EN-US to EN-GB).

Step 4: When OOBE comes to initial user creation, create a temporary local user (I use user Dummy here, you can't use any existing user names):

Step 5: When on desktop, sign out from Dummy.

Step 6: Sign in with your original admin account.

Step 7: Delete Dummy user account.

That's it. From now on your system (base) language is what you selected in step 3. For instance, if you have opted in for Insider builds and have got the upgrades in original system language (EN-US in your case), you will from now on get upgrades in new system language (EN-GB).

I use this method to get Insider build upgrades in Finnish and Swedish using the same Hyper-V virtual machine. I installed Windows 10 PRO in Finnish and created a checkpoint, then switched the system language to Swedish as told above and again created a checkpoint. Now when upgrade builds have been released, I apply Finnish checkpoint, get the upgrade and make an ISO in Finnish, then apply the Swedish checkpoint and get upgrade and make ISO in Swedish.

Thema:

weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines

1. weird bug= when installing language packs as the same user on different machines - Similar Threads - weird bug= installing

2. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  3. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  4. Error when trying to install language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  5. Error when trying to install language packs

Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  6. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  7. Language pack installation

Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  8. W10 - Fresh install same license different language.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    W10 - Fresh install same license different language.: Hi. I bought an original license for Windows 10 Home on the Microsoft page. I downloaded the iso in English and installed it on a computer. Would I have any problem if I downloaded it again in Spanish and installed it on the same computer, using the same license and...
  9. different language logons for same user ID(s)

in Windows 10 Support
    different language logons for same user ID(s): Hi folks I think particularly @Kari had a solution for this but I've lost the link to his post : Is it possible for the same user to have different logins for different languages -- i.e the SAME User id (logon id) -- so the basic data directories belonging to a user for...
  10. Windows Language Pack Bug?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Language Pack Bug?: Suddenly after a game my keyboard layout switched so I went to settings , language, and it displays my default was US? I always thought it was UK so I Installed UK and removed US but dropdown box still remains? Done the powershell thing to display Net-WindowsLanguageList...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 8.1 language pack stuck installing