Windows 10: Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

Discus and support Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm having this bug with Firefox I can't solve. Windows 10 (pro 1909) taskbar is set to automatically hide and should unhide when I move my cursor to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cat_perso, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

I'm having this bug with Firefox I can't solve.

Windows 10 (pro 1909) taskbar is set to automatically hide and should unhide when I move my cursor to the bottom of the screen.
    This works with any program or app but Firefox.
    With Firefox maximized the taskbar never unhides unless I press the win key.

Tried resetting Firefox, nothing. Tried switching to nightlies or beta, nothing.Trying old versions and... well the bug is not present with FirefoxPortable ESR 52.8.1, but anything newer doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

submitted by /u/Cat_perso
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cat_perso, Dec 15, 2019

2. Pinning Firefox to Taskbar causes second icon on tasbar to appear

Hi,

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing regarding this issue and also for the delay in getting back to you. Do not worry. Let me help you in fixing this issue.

Did you try reinstalling the Firefox program? If not, I suggest that you do the same and check if it helps.

Combining the taskbar buttons should fix this issue. Refer to the following steps to do the same:

• Right click on Taskbar and select
      Properties.
    • Select Always combine, Hide labels
      in Taskbar buttons.
    Hope this helps. Get back to us for further assistance.

Sharath Srinivasa, Dec 15, 2019
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Dec 15, 2019
  4. flycaster Win User

Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here.

All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And will happen whether one or multiple tabs are on the tab bar. When hovering the cursor over FF's tab bar icon, and then hovering (and not clicking) the cursor over a tab's preview thumbnail, FF's window will now show several tiled FF's with the present thumbnails site on top. But, now clicking on that thumbnail, the site will open as a single site...with no evidence of the other apparently opened FF's. This only happens with the FF taskbar icon's thumbnail and not with any of the other icons on the bar.

Here are some captures of this odd occurrence:

Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox [​IMG]

Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox [​IMG]

flycaster, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox

1. Weird bug with the Windows 10 taskbar and Firefox - Similar Threads - Weird bug taskbar

2. This weird bug In Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    This weird bug In Windows 10: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/A-questioner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/10t6zov/this_weird_bug_in_windows_10/
  3. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?: So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the...
  4. Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Win 11 taskbar behavior/bug?: So I'm working on a clean Windows 11 install, and ran into a weird taskbar behavior when rearranging icons. Moving icons not matter what icon it is far across to the other side or maybe past a large number of icons causes the taskbar to restart and move the icon back to the...
  5. Weird Windows 10 bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Windows 10 bug: Whenever I click on something, a gray selection rectangle (no idea how to call it) appears and goes through every option until it reaches the top option. For example, if I click on the Windows search bar, it will go through every suggestion. Since there is no "top option",...
  6. Windows 10 weird bug

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 weird bug: I have come across a strange bug where the windows apps are glitching, its **** if the directional keys are being pressed extremely fast and repeatedly, sometimes its the bad i cant press anything, for example when i try switching from my heads phones to TV sound output it...
  7. Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Weird taskbar icon thumbnails for Firefox: Not sure if this is a browser (latest Firefox) or Windows problem, so I'll describe the issue here. All my program shortcuts are placed on the taskbar. The problem I'm about to describe and show, only occurs with the Firefox taskbar icon and its preview thumbnails. And...
  8. Weird taskbar bug

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird taskbar bug: So, since I updated to Windows 10 my taskbar is running weird. It hides only sometimes, and it's a bit laggy. Today I was using my PC as usual and all of a sudden every OS window/menu became buggy: taskbar, start button would not come up, alt-tab wasn't working, task...
  9. Windows 10 weird bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 weird bug: Hi there, i am new to the forums and as such, i do not know if this is the right section to place my question, so i apologize in advance. Here's the problem: some days ago my computer started freaking out when i turned it on, as in slow loading to a black screen with mouse,...
  10. Weird windows 10 bug

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird windows 10 bug: Just about every time I start windows 10 it works perfectly fine but after a while the text in the start menu starts to disappear and the text also becomes glitchy looking blocks and lines. 19762

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Can Firefox activate taskbar near Cortana 2020