Windows 10: Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the...

Discus and support Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; We posted this in Reddit too. We thought we will post it here with the detailed post on Reddit in hopes of getting some interest in finding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UberBakery, May 28, 2019.

1. Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the...

We posted this in Reddit too. We thought we will post it here with the detailed post on Reddit in hopes of getting some interest in finding the resolution. Thank you for help! Issue: User accounts on Windows 10 Pro that get disabled(?) after updates - happened once last year too - is the closest way to explain this. We use the word "disabled" because one of such post we found was to use the "lusrmgr.msc" to see what user/group accounts were there and also how to check properties. Troubleshooting up until now: Before posting here for advice/guidance/feedback, we've scoured the internet and found a post with reference to the above tool that started to show some stones to turn. The one stone to turn was that certain accounts were 'disabled" when checking the properties of accounts we had before this month's upgrade. We also found out that the "DefaultAccount" listed, which is the workhorse account used each day to log in for office work to run the bakery ,was no longer a member of Administrators & Users on top of being disabled. After turning enabling and adding the DefaultAccount back to being members of Users & Administrators, we rebooted the system for the nth time - LOL. Upon the log in challenge, the list that shows on the left bottom still showed only a local Administrative account & the "Other Accounts" that enables you to put it other accounts. Knowing that the workhorse DefaultAccount used daily was connected to a Microsoft Account, we put that in & the password. Voila, we were finally able to get the correct profile as the desktop showed what it was the last time the bakery was open pre-Memorial Day. But this turned to be shortlived as after rebooted and the user name now was added to the list showing at the log in challenge screen, the exact same password that was used 5 minutes ago would let us in. Then it dawned on us. During the troubleshooting this morning, we did try to log into the microsoft account portal but the portal tells us that the microsoft account doesn't exist; it was an email address used for years ending in onmicosoft.com that we've been using with our Office365 subscription for years. THe kicker is that the Office365 portal still recognizes this same email address to get us into the Office365 admin console that mcirosoft account portal says they have no record of! Workaround: Because of the difference in how Microsoft Account portal vs Office365 portal reacts to the Microsoft Account Email we've been using to log into our Windows 10 Pro desktop which is now blocking us after the update, the workaround to loggind into the desktop to get the right profile/apps/desktop/etc. was to make sure the desktop is off the grind (disconnect ethernet & wireless) and log in with the Microsoft Account that their servers say doesn't exist (but was for years). Assuming that this workaround of temporarily going off the grid works because the password is still kept there for that Microsoft Account locally. We verified this workaround to be necessary because the screen saver just kicked and the desktop would not accept our Microsoft Account password (that Microsoft says doesn't exist on their system). Going off-grid let us in with the same Microsoft Account password we've used for years. What we need to sort out and need help/guidance/direction: To us who just want to run the bakery back office without these issues eating up our morning & piling up work that can only be done through our Windows computer are as follows: Without endangering above workaround we figured out to at least get back into the desktop with the right profile (DefaultAccount listed in lusrmgr.msc), how can we fix the problem of the Microsoft Account on their servers not being recognized? Who/what is responsible for resolving why Office365 continues to properly acknowledge login credentials which is the Microsoft Account that is rejected by Microsoft Account portal? Going forward, can multiple accounts - Microsoft Account and newly created local accounts - load the same profile (desktop/apps/etc.) so if this stupidity (sorry, as an owner who uses Windows & subscribes to Office365 to operate our bakery back-office like ordering, production, inventory, account receivable/payable, etc. I am a little more than frustrated), we may have a better chance of getting to other workarounds without having to go off-the-grid every time we need to log into the desktop? IF so how easy or difficult is it to clone(?) the accounts as backup? Thank you in advance for your inputs.

:)

UberBakery, May 28, 2019

2. New Account/User Issues

Hi,

When you create a new user account, Windows uses the Default user profile as a template to construct the files for the newly created user account. You might be experiencing issues creating new accounts due to a corrupt Default profile. To
    resolve the issue, we suggest reinstating the Default folder in the
    Users directory by following these steps:

• Open the C:\Users folder using Windows Explorer.
    • Rename the Default user profile folder to Default.OLD.
    • Download a zip of C:\Users\Default from a Windows 10 installation that doesn't have this problem.
    • Unzip the non-corrupt Default profile into C:\Users.
    • Try logging in to the new user account and check if the problem is resolved.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, May 28, 2019
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the... :(

Zakin, May 28, 2019
  4. Vesao Win User

Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the...

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 28, 2019
Thema:

Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the...

1. Weird but crippling User Account issues after updates that block us from getting into the... - Similar Threads - Weird crippling User

2. Windows Update is crippling computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is crippling computer: I have a computer that when I turn it on sometimes, not all the time, it is very slow.When i check processes I see "Service Host : Windows Update" at tope using 34% and the processor is maxed out to 100% for about 20 minutes or longer.I can't hardly use it while it is doing...
  3. Windows Update is crippling computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is crippling computer: I have a computer that when I turn it on sometimes, not all the time, it is very slow.When i check processes I see "Service Host : Windows Update" at tope using 34% and the processor is maxed out to 100% for about 20 minutes or longer.I can't hardly use it while it is doing...
  4. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  5. User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User Account control is blocking me from opening User account control settings: I promise you, I have tried almost everything on the internet to try to fix this problem. For a little backstory, I haven't used my computer for at least 8 months, and last night I decided I wanted to use it again. I spent 3 hours updating and restarting my computer so...
  6. Blocked account, but microsoft verification code from weird random numbers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocked account, but microsoft verification code from weird random numbers: Hello,I have a problem with my Microsoft accounts.Last week I bought Minecraft for my nephew, I used my second email because he doesnt have one. I tested this minecraft account on my own pc first, it worked. Then I downloaded Minecraft on his pc, didnt work. I couldn't get...
  7. Why did this one exe NOT get blocked from running by user account control?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why did this one exe NOT get blocked from running by user account control?: On my Windows 10 Pro build 19042, the 'user account control' dialog usually blocks any exe I try to run.However, yesterday I accidentally double clicked a suspicious file without noticing that it's an exe, and it just started running without anything blocking it!It opened a...
  8. Weird Issue with User switching during/after RDP

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Issue with User switching during/after RDP: So, this is a weird one. I login to my computer/our domain with a normal user account. I have access to RDP into servers using a privileged account. I log into my computer as normalUser and I am able to access all my network shares as expected. As soon as I RDP to a server us...
  9. Block User on your account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Block User on your account: To Whom May Concern, I am having trouble with my wifi. It seems I have some one who is lagging onto my wifi connection. Could someone help me understand how I can block this person from getting onto my router? I have gone into windows defender and put a stop to all...
  10. MS to Host Data in Germany to Block the US from Spying on Its Users

in Windows 10 News
    MS to Host Data in Germany to Block the US from Spying on Its Users: Customers will have to pay extra for the German storage Microsoft’s getting ready to take the fight with the United States government over user data to a completely new level, as the company is ready to turn to data centers in Germany in order to block American agencies...