Windows 10: Weird characters in GPU Properties info

Discus and support Weird characters in GPU Properties info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC. Thanks for ur input!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Weird characters in GPU Properties info

Weird characters in GPU Properties info [​IMG]

Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC.
    Thanks for ur input!

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015
  2. markopas Win User

Weird characters in place of icons

I looked at that options for accessibility and they are all unchecked.

markopas, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    Weird characters in place of icons

Hi

On Microsoft Community, this may happen if the browser's accessibility options are set to ignore font styles specified on webpages (in IE11 look in
    Internet Options->General tab->Accessibility). If I recall correctly, the reason is that icons are actually a custom font used by the website. Could that be an explanation in your case?

There might be other causes.

Jetta48, Mar 25, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Weird characters in GPU Properties info

Probably got a Russian or Chinese drivers.

CountMike, Mar 25, 2015
  5. Mine show the same thing and I downloaded the correct drivers for the AMD website.
    I also cant seem to keep a 3 screen profile in the Catalyst Control Center. It wil;l work fine, but then after a few reboots, It corrupts out into all kinds of digital mumbo jumbo. If I reconfigure it, I'm good to go for a while......
    Gonna try new drivers in a few.

dockmaster, Mar 25, 2015
  6. I thought so too that this is a "language-character-font" problem because I downloaded and installed the drivers from the AMD website

Mayagrafix, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    It could just be that Windows doesn't recognise the symbols/fonts or have the appropriate packs installed? I'm just guessing of course.

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Looks like windings to me.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Yes, I thought so too, just wanted to make sure that it isn't a major recognized problem in the blogosfere Weird characters in GPU Properties info :)

Mayagrafix, Mar 26, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Could be in it's BIOS as well, Chinese characters that couldn't be substituted properly, after all most of that stuff is coming from there.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    It still looks like windings to me. It isn't a Chinese or Russian character set.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    I know it's not Chinese or something like that but wingdings would make even less sense. That's why I think it's just font conversion gone wrong.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2015
  13. Weird characters in GPU Properties info

OK, first I checked the OS fonts folder. Yes wingdings, winding's 2 and winding's 3 are installed so I copied all the fonts from my Win7 fonts folder into the WinX fonts folder, and skipped the duplicates already there. Except for Global Space, which the OS din't recognize as font (more on this later). Bottom line, the weird characters did NOT go away, so we can assume that its not fonts.

Mayagrafix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird characters in GPU Properties info - Similar Threads - Weird characters GPU

2. GPU Property's screen see pic

in Windows 10 Customization
    GPU Property's screen see pic: I get a small window that comes up with GPU property's, like %,MHz, CPU %, RAM gig amount. Can't get rid of it with out rebooting, any one know anything about this. Thanks [IMG]...
  3. weird drive properties

in Windows 10 Support
    weird drive properties: There is a compress option missing on one of my USB drives. None of my drives is compressed. I just can't explain why the option is missing. windows 10 1909 [img] 160320
  4. Keyboard typing weird characters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard typing weird characters: So, I have booted up my PC today, and found out that the keyboard has been instead of normal letters, it has been typing symbols or vietnamese and slavic letters. To the keyboard also joined the mouse, that when I want to scroll down a page, it zooms in and out. My PC is...
  5. What’s up with the weird characters?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What’s up with the weird characters?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DCCCXXV [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzbqr5/whats_up_with_the_weird_characters/
  6. GPU info on Desktop

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU info on Desktop: Hello I have never seen this GPU info on my desktop until today. Can someone tell me how to get rid of it? I looked in task manager but not sure what to look for. [img] Thank you, Loopy 133545
  7. Weird battery info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird battery info: This error was found in Dell Inspiron 13 5000 5379 model. When my battery is on the way charging, it put my mouse cursor on the battery icon (no click), n' it shows 95%, plugged in, not charging. Then i was like, what. I plugged out the charger and replug in. Same error....
  8. File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Displaying Wrong Properties Info: Hi! This is my first thread post. I'm very concerned about this problem which I know little about. I am an avid mp3 collector and massively download files onto a 4TB external drive. The last time I checked a folder's properties to see how many files it contained, it read...
  9. Weird Green Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Green Characters: Has anyone seen this before. There are weird green charachter in the min/max/close area of "modern" apps and weird green square. [img] 10440
  10. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird chinese characters appearing in windows: I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get: Code:...