Weird characters in GPU Properties info

Discus and support Weird characters in GPU Properties info in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC. Thanks for ur input!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Mayagrafix Win User

Weird characters in GPU Properties info [​IMG]

Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC.
    Thanks for ur input!

:)

Mayagrafix, Mar 25, 2015
  2. markopas Win User

Weird characters in place of icons

I looked at that options for accessibility and they are all unchecked.

markopas, Mar 25, 2015
  3. Jetta48 Win User
    Weird characters in place of icons

Hi

On Microsoft Community, this may happen if the browser's accessibility options are set to ignore font styles specified on webpages (in IE11 look in
    Internet Options->General tab->Accessibility). If I recall correctly, the reason is that icons are actually a custom font used by the website. Could that be an explanation in your case?

There might be other causes.

Jetta48, Mar 25, 2015
  4. CountMike New Member

Probably got a Russian or Chinese drivers.

CountMike, Mar 25, 2015
  5. dockmaster Win User
    Mine show the same thing and I downloaded the correct drivers for the AMD website.
    I also cant seem to keep a 3 screen profile in the Catalyst Control Center. It wil;l work fine, but then after a few reboots, It corrupts out into all kinds of digital mumbo jumbo. If I reconfigure it, I'm good to go for a while......
    Gonna try new drivers in a few.

dockmaster, Mar 25, 2015
  6. Mayagrafix Win User
    I thought so too that this is a "language-character-font" problem because I downloaded and installed the drivers from the AMD website

Mayagrafix, Mar 26, 2015
  7. Boozad Win User
    It could just be that Windows doesn't recognise the symbols/fonts or have the appropriate packs installed? I'm just guessing of course.

Boozad, Mar 26, 2015
  8. adamf Win User

Looks like windings to me.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  9. Mayagrafix Win User
    Yes, I thought so too, just wanted to make sure that it isn't a major recognized problem in the blogosfere Weird characters in GPU Properties info :)

Mayagrafix, Mar 26, 2015
  10. CountMike New Member
    Could be in it's BIOS as well, Chinese characters that couldn't be substituted properly, after all most of that stuff is coming from there.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2015
  11. adamf Win User
    It still looks like windings to me. It isn't a Chinese or Russian character set.

adamf, Mar 26, 2015
  12. CountMike New Member
    I know it's not Chinese or something like that but wingdings would make even less sense. That's why I think it's just font conversion gone wrong.

CountMike, Mar 26, 2015
  13. Mayagrafix Win User

OK, first I checked the OS fonts folder. Yes wingdings, winding's 2 and winding's 3 are installed so I copied all the fonts from my Win7 fonts folder into the WinX fonts folder, and skipped the duplicates already there. Except for Global Space, which the OS din't recognize as font (more on this later). Bottom line, the weird characters did NOT go away, so we can assume that its not fonts.

Mayagrafix, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird characters in GPU Properties info - Similar Threads - Weird characters GPU

2. Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with cpu 100% load and GPU 0% load in game: I have a problem with my cpu, when I play the processor goes into full load and the video card instead remains at 0%, two days that goes on like this with all the games. My configuration: Cpu: i5 7600k Motherboard: MSI z270 pro carbon Video card: MSI GAMING X 1060 6gb Ram:...
  3. Can't play games after GPU Driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't play games after GPU Driver update: Hello, I have a GeForce 1070 Ti, it worked perfectly. But when I updated to the latest version it increased the lag tremendously, I can't open the game as it crashes right away. I tried installing the previous version, which didn't work as well. Please help, Pedro...
  4. how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad?: how do I get a character count using either Notepad or Wordpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_cal/how-do-i-get-a-character-count-using-either/17904635-498c-4b70-a797-6b8dd16dbfad
  5. Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar acting weird after waking W10 up from sleep mode several times.: Using W10 way back in November 2015, didn't have this problem until this year. The title explains my problem. If i put W10 in sleep mode then wake it up, the problem doesnt appear, but when i repeat that several times the taskbar starts to act weird. How does the taskbar...
  6. NVIDIA Unveils Quadro RTX, World's First Ray-Tracing GPU

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA Unveils Quadro RTX, World's First Ray-Tracing GPU: NVIDIA today announced its first Turing™ architecture-based GPUs, revolutionizing the work of 50 million designers and artists by enabling them to render photorealistic scenes in real time, add new AI-based capabilities to their workflows, and enjoy fluid interactivity with...
  7. Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info)

Reset Microsoft account email and password ...... (No access to old info): Microsoft account issues I do not have access to any of the old info .. that IP is closed and not accessible any longer....
  8. Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shows a different file size when hovering as opposed to properties.: This is an issue I just discovered. I have a folder on my desktop that is 10.8GB. It has many files and folders inside of it. When I hover my mouse over it, it shows the correct total size of the contents of the folder i.e. 10.8GB. However, if I right click the folder and go...
  9. Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp

Problem with Arabic diacritic formatting using Character MAp: Problem with Character Map in Word. WHen I try to insert an Arabic diacritic of a dot under an 'h', for example, I get this but then also a letter space which cannot be deleted. When I try to delete the space it deletes the letter with the diacritic....
  10. Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution

Graphics card properties factory resets when I change display resolution: I want to set the resolution 1024x760 and set it to stretched. So I run ms-settings:display, I go to "Advanced display settings", or something like that, I click "Graphics card 1 properties" or something like that It opens this form When I go in HD Intel Graphics settings...