Windows 10: Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

Discus and support Weird chinese characters appearing in windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about. [img] If i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mordax, Aug 19, 2015.

1. mordax Win User

Weird chinese characters appearing in windows

I've googled it and it seems like some others have had similar issues, but i'd like to ask if anyone knows what this is all about.

Weird chinese characters appearing in windows [​IMG]

If i copy paste the line seen on screenshot, then this is what i get:

Code: 蓤疖෫媁ᠢ钶븆옃ᢔꡰ缎⚯㦸䢐賴痖口帬ࠣశ꺮蘃긟嘿㥦ế嵾ᗽ烨޵system32\svchost.exe[/quote] I'm 100% sure it's not malware or any other type of malicious software, so please don't start saying that my pc has a virus.
    What i'd like to know, is where it's coming from and why is windows 10 doing this?

In past, in win 7, i've seen similar chinese characters somewhere in documents and settings folders within some files, i was cleaning my files, going through all the folders in docs and settings and i saw some files having similar names.

It's a fresh install of windows 10, I haven't downloaded anything, but simple things, such as google chrome, ccleaner, winamp, skype ..etc, everything from trusted sources only, so clearly it's not a virus or malware, whatever it is, it's within windows 10.
    I don't think it's dangerous, but i'm just trying to figure out why my PC is going chinese on me.

:)

mordax, Aug 19, 2015

2. Certain Chinese character displayed as square when i name a folder or file in windows 10

win10 unable to display certain simplified chinese character on files folder name. I am using pinyin to type in the simplied chinese character. Although windows 10 is able to show me the possible characters related to that pinyin for me to select, the
    simplified chinese character appear as square after i have selected. One such character is . Please help me with this problem.

See Ying Soh, Aug 19, 2015
  3. Texting problems on HTC Touch Diamond 2

My cell has the os WIndows Mobile 6.5 installed and it is in Traditional Chinese.
    I experienced a difficult situation where I tried to text Chinese characters. When text Chinese characters, they appeared ***** on the recipients inbox. What can I do to fix this issue? Thanks

La3reNceeT, Aug 19, 2015
  4. Gary Win User

Check your Fonts maybe there is something wrong there.

5. mordax Win User
    Nope, nothing's wrong with fonts. I have always used US english and nothing else. windows + all programs are always US english, i don't use any other languages or fonts.

I think it's google chrome doing it, i googled around and saw some others mentioning some files appearing in their PC with chinese characters and in their case, they said that google chrome had some weird default settings that caused it, but i'm not sure. i can't find anything that might be causing it.

on windows 7, i had some chinese files in:
    C:\Users\
    you see files like
    NTUSER.DAT{77a227ed-34f0-22e3-80da-c41d2d341140}.TM.blf

and such, in windows 7 i saw some chinese files appearing there. on win 10 i don't see files, but that svchost.exe popped up with chinese name. i blocked internet access and everything works fine, so no idea what the heck it was.

I'd like to get to the bottom of this and find out what is causing these chinese characters popping up randomly.

mordax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird chinese characters appearing in windows - Similar Threads - Weird chinese characters

2. Chinese characters on calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters on calendar: My calendar settings show 'Do not show additional calendars' but I still have Chinese characters on my icloud calendar. I've tried shutting down and restarting but they are still there. I can't see my entries because they are in Chinese. ....
  3. simplified chinese has some not all characters appear as traditional chinese

simplified chinese has some not all characters appear as traditional chinese: when i type in chinese, for example, the is traditional chinese while the other 3 is simplifiedim using simplified chinese in settings. wondering how i can solve this....
  4. Chinese Characters not Appearing

Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  5. Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no sense what's causing the current issue. File browser: [ATTACH] Task bar: [ATTACH] I searched for answers for a while...
  6. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  7. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  8. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  9. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...
  10. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. network properties connections showing strange characters