Windows 10: weird code appears in the search box

Discus and support weird code appears in the search box in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; what is this weird code or message appears in the search box?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AmarD.A, Jun 19, 2022.

1. AmarD.A Win User

weird code appears in the search box

what is this weird code or message appears in the search box?

:)

AmarD.A, Jun 19, 2022

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 19, 2022
  3. Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Jun 19, 2022
  4. Arul_D Win User

Search box and App store

Hi Divya,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I need more information about this issue so that I can assist you better.

1. What is the make and model of your computer?

2. Do you get any error code?

Since this issue can be caused by software conflict or system file corrupted.

I would suggest you to follow the below methods to fix search issue.

Method 1: Try to run search and indexing troubleshooter.

Follow the steps.

• Go to Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.

• In the search box, type
      troubleshooter
      , and then click Troubleshooting. Click
      , and then click Search and Indexing.
    Method 2:

I suggest that you reset the Windows Store cache as per the below mentioned steps and check:

• Press Windows key
      and R key together to open the Run Window.

• Type wsreset.exe
      and press Enter key for the command to execute.
    Hope this information helps you. If you need any further assistance or information, please reply back to this post. I will be happy to help you.

Arul_D, Jun 19, 2022
Thema:

1. weird code appears in the search box - Similar Threads - weird code appears

2. Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search highlights aren't appearing in search box on Windows 11: Hi all,I have been used to search highlights appearing on my Windows 10 search box and it used to show up whenever I clicked the search button on my Windows 11 laptop. I had noticed that the latest build of Win 11 would display the search highlight graphics on the new search...
  3. weird code appears in the search box

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird code appears in the search box: what is this weird code or message appears in the search box? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-code-appears-in-the-search-box/1c538f5c-6c30-473c-8bf6-db061b5dc849
  4. My search bar is appearing weirdly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My search bar is appearing weirdly: Why is the search bar appearing like this ? How to solve this ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-search-bar-is-appearing-weirdly/25d61a77-eba5-4ff0-ad3c-dbd5fd852b15
  5. Abnormal appearance of the search box

Abnormal appearance of the search box: Hello,Since a few days I have witnessed that the search box looks abnormal suddenly. The magnifying glass suddenly disappears and there is slight blue tinge that appears in the box. All of it returns to normal when I just hover the curser on the search box. Is there a...
  6. Weird boxes-

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird boxes-: As you read the titleI have some weird little boxes that appears:BlackWhiteI don't know how to really explain this one... but it's like hex colors like a glitch but it's in a box form.I WOULD Share a photo but every time I take a screenshot it doesn't show it's there...I also...
  7. Show search box option doesn't appear

Show search box option doesn't appear: Hi all, I recently did a factory reset of my HP laptop, and, when I began using it again, there were some issues with the taskbar. I use an external monitor with the laptop screen closed, and the display settings set to "only on [external monitor]", and, for some reason,...
  8. Search bar appears as a black box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search bar appears as a black box: After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It does not show any...
  9. Windows Store appearing in search box but not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store appearing in search box but not working: A couple of weeks I wanted to use the windows store but I had an error that apps installation would result in an error y search for a solution here in the community and I found that I should reset the windows store going to the app in the settings. I did so but now when I...
  10. Windows 10 search box weird location

in Cortana
    Windows 10 search box weird location: I just upgraded form an SSHD to an M.2 and reinstalled Windows. It's been updated to 1903 and all the other latest updates. But when I search something, the box comes up as normal and it searches everything just fine and dandy, it's just the location of the box. It's the...