Windows 10: Weird colors in video player.

Discus and support Weird colors in video player. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I try to play videos in the Movies and TV app the colors are all messed up. For example, yellow appears as blue, purple appears as green and so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ptmhg, Mar 4, 2021.

1. ptmhg Win User

Weird colors in video player.

When I try to play videos in the Movies and TV app the colors are all messed up. For example, yellow appears as blue, purple appears as green and so on. I have tried uninstalling the Movies and TV app and the problem hasn't dissapeared. I tried using the VLC video player and the colors look just fine there. This also happens when using Wallpaper Engine to set an animated wallpaper. The colors are messed up there aswell. All help appreciated.

:)

ptmhg, Mar 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 media player cannot change video border color.

Hi Charlie,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As you have tried to set the video border colors in Windows media player, kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1:

This issue may occur if the Windows files are damaged/corrupted. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press ‘Windows + X’ Keys on the keyboard.

• Click on ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ to bring up an elevated command prompt.

Note: Click ‘Yes’ if it prompts for permission.

• In the command prompt type in the following commands one by one and then press
      Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in
    the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)”
    to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

If the issue persist, follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to turn off the Windows Media Player features and turn it on. This will reinstall the media player features. You may try to ‘turn off' Windows Media Player by following the steps below:

• Click on Start.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Select Programs and Features.
    • Select Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Expand Media Features.
    • Uncheck Windows Media Player.
    • Select Yes and click on OK
      button.
    • Restart the computer, follow the steps from the 1 to 6 again and make sure that you have checked the box
      Windows media player in step 6.
    Now the try to open the Windows media player and check if you are able to change the video border color.

Note: As you have tried to pick the colors from the available colors, I suggest you to check whether the issue persists when you try to add the custom color as the video border color.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad
    to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Mar 4, 2021
  3. No color in video player

Hi Rafael,

Your concern about seeing black and white videos instead of colored could relate to an issue with Adobe Flash Player. To isolate the issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What browser are you using to play these videos?
    • Do you experience the same issue on other browsers?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer settings or any update installed prior to this issue?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Mar 4, 2021
  4. Weird colors in video player.

Browser Video Player sometimes not Displaying Right Colors

This just started, around the same time Youtube updated their site UI. The problem only happens with media players like Youtube's, its doesn't appear to affect Netflix and sites like theirs, with an independent media player. I haven't updated anything at all, but when using Google Chrome(I don't know about any other browser) the blue and red colors on web video players are very low. I can still make out a little bit of color, but the green is usually very prominent, it looks more like black and white color though.

I'm using 32-bit Windows 10 and have already tried to fix it using browser settings(at least those I know about), Windows Display Calibration, and restarting the browser/computer.

Preston Hager, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

Weird colors in video player.

1. Weird colors in video player. - Similar Threads - Weird colors video

2. Video Player and Youtube flickering and displaying weirdly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Player and Youtube flickering and displaying weirdly.: While I'm on Youtube a rectangle part of my screen very rarely flickers, not all of it. On Windows's video player the video has like red and blue colors matching what's on screen like those old 3d effect. On any game, any other app I haven't seen any flickers or weird colors....
  3. Video Player and Youtube flickering and displaying weirdly.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Video Player and Youtube flickering and displaying weirdly.: While I'm on Youtube a rectangle part of my screen very rarely flickers, not all of it. On Windows's video player the video has like red and blue colors matching what's on screen like those old 3d effect. On any game, any other app I haven't seen any flickers or weird colors....
  4. Video Player and Youtube flickering and displaying weirdly.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player

Problem with color covering minimized windows and video player: I have a problem with like color overlay covering my entire screen when playing video using any video player from windows also covering any minimized windows especially chrome browser and edge browser, some suggest disabling hardware accelerations gonna fix the problem but it...
  6. weird video player brightness bug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird video player brightness bug: so i made a recording using obs but then i went to watch it on my video play(the default windows one) and the brightness was messed up??? i posted it on youtube and it was perfectly fine here's a pic of the video player submitted by /u/JaresTheMilkMan [link] [comments]...
  7. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  8. Colors Are Weird

Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  9. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. All videos on windows are in a weird grey color

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All videos on windows are in a weird grey color: I updated my PC to the latest windows update and opened youtube and found that all my videos are in a weird grey color. Initially, I thought this was just an issue with youtube itself but later when I was browsing other websites I encountered the same issue on EVERY SINGLE...