Weird Colors on Login Screen

Discus and support Weird Colors on Login Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Starting a couple of days ago, on the login screen I now see some really messed up colors. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Superluigi6 Win User

HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop. Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Starting a couple of days ago, on the login screen I now see some really messed up colors. But after signing in/waiting on the login screen, they seemingly disappear after 2 minutes.

Here is a video of it.

[youtube]S5Gv3KcjTpw[/youtube]

:)

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  2. wlmostia Win User

Display Greyscale color

I am running Windows 10 but recently my screen has a grayscale color. My computer login screen is still in full color but after I login, the display switches to the grayscale colors.

Can someone help me with this?

Bill Mostia

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

wlmostia, Aug 5, 2015
  3. Tim@Robbins Win User
    After the last update my screen is now in grayscale.

The login screen is in color, but whe I login and it goes to the desktop it is not in color anymore. Never seen this before. How do I get the colors back?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Tim@Robbins, Aug 5, 2015
  4. slyphnier Win User

seems possible bad video driver ...

but there also possibility sign of hardware(gpu or display) failure ...
    i would check gpu temp, see if there anything un-normal with the temp

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Superluigi6 Win User
    Now how would I do that?

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  6. slyphnier Win User
    for gpu temperature monitoring... there few apps can do that
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility gpu-z should be the most simple portable apps

try to check your gpu specification, and look for driver update
    its still pretty new in windows10, but most gpu maker (nvidia & amd) already release win10 driver

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  7. Superluigi6 Win User
    I have the Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card. It's about 48 or 49 degrees Celsius.

edit: I've downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility program from Intel's website, and it's scanning my computer right now for drivers.

edit 2: No drivers found :c

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  8. slyphnier Win User

auto scan always hit&miss... so always better to search manually
    from my search it only come out with beta driver
    Intel Download Center

also it note An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Run Windows Update.

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  9. Superluigi6 Win User
    I just checked Windows Update and I do not see a driver update there.

edit: I saw a "Definitive Update for Windows 10" and I installed it. No driver though.

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  10. Superluigi6 Win User
    I still get the weird colors *Sad

This time when I logged in, there was the messed up colors when the loading icon was shown and on the time lock screen, but it disappeared after 20 seconds.

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  11. slyphnier Win User
    other than in login screen do u got any issue with your display/graphic ?
    try forcing reinstalling gpu driver from control panel - device manager

anyway if it only happen on login screen and everything normal elsewhere... well even that kinda bothering, but wait a week or so, for new driver update + windows patch
    or
    you can try reset/fresh install windows10 and see if that fix your issue

it quite common few weeks from new OS release there tons of issue

slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015
  12. Superluigi6 Win User
    I don't get issues with my display/graphic.

The last 2 or 3 times I tried logging in, I didn't get the weird colors, so I think its solved. If it happens again I'll update the thread *Smile

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Superluigi6 Win User

So I just got it again.

I remember looking Intel HD Graphics 3000 online, and I read that it's not supported by Windows 10.

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  14. slyphnier Win User
    well the good things is that only happen on boot screen other than tried reset win10 ... or better just fresh install win10 there nothing much you can do, beside waiting driver update to fix your issue which should be soon, considering win10 adoption rate is quite fast

slyphnier, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Superluigi6 Win User
    I'll try to wait. Thanks anyways *Smile

Superluigi6, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird Colors on Login Screen - Similar Threads - Weird Colors Login

2. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  3. Windows 10 login pin

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 login pin: How do I change and or correct my windows 10 login pin? I keep getting an error message when my PC reboots after updates have installed on my system and a reboot is required. I get the error message that the username and password are incorrect. Then I input my Microsoft...
  4. microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft Edge Critical Error! screen poped up told to call 866 393 7989: Microsoft Edge Critical Error screen (red in color. wanting my user name and password, gave the tel number 866 393 7989. called and they would not say they were Microsoft only another company to fix issue. meantime I can't do to much....
  5. why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does my new computers screen jump from large to small without being prompted: why does my new HP computer screen jump fro large to small without being prompted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-my-new-computers-screen-jump-from-large/51cd3fb1-f41e-45fa-b057-ba8e0c8c415d
  6. How to display on three screens?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to display on three screens?: I am working off a lap top on a dock with two other screens. When I go to display setting it only recognizes 2 screens . How do I get it to "see" my three screens so I can display on all of them?...
  7. Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc

Infinite loading screen that comes up before intended login screen every time I boot up my pc: Note: tried to do what someone recommended in previous posts on command prompt but nothing came of it Basically I started getting this problem two days ago. Every time I started up my pc, it would boot normally until a black screen with an infinite loading cursor symbol...
  8. Blue screen for too many USB plugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue screen for too many USB plugged: In the lab where I work we need 20+ devices connected to the same computer via USB. I have 3 powered deltaco HUBs and several devices. Some USB3.0, some USB2.0, but all hubs are 3.0. I install all softwares and drivers individually for each device (each works individually)....
  9. Unregistered Exception Handler Error!! After POST Screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unregistered Exception Handler Error!! After POST Screen: Hi, Today i saw "Unregistered Exception Handler Error" after booting my laptop, it was for the very first time that i observed this type of error. Recently my laptop is not booting up, just fans were running, i went to repair shop and they replaced Input/Output chip and BIOS...
  10. Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.

Device's screen blinks constantly and eventually crashes when attempting to add printers.: I was going to print something for someone on another computer which recently updated from v. 1511 to v. 1803, but the printer was not listed so I attempted to add it. First, I tried the normal method, of adding the printer through the Settings app. However, I was immediately...