Windows 10: Weird Colors on Login Screen

Discus and support Weird Colors on Login Screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop. Windows 10 Home 64-bit. Starting a couple of days ago, on the login screen I now see some really messed up colors. But after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015.

1. Weird Colors on Login Screen

HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop. Windows 10 Home 64-bit.

Starting a couple of days ago, on the login screen I now see some really messed up colors. But after signing in/waiting on the login screen, they seemingly disappear after 2 minutes.

Here is a video of it.

[youtube]S5Gv3KcjTpw[/youtube]

:)

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  2. wlmostia Win User

Display Greyscale color

I am running Windows 10 but recently my screen has a grayscale color. My computer login screen is still in full color but after I login, the display switches to the grayscale colors.

Can someone help me with this?

Bill Mostia

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

wlmostia, Aug 5, 2015
  3. After the last update my screen is now in grayscale.

The login screen is in color, but whe I login and it goes to the desktop it is not in color anymore. Never seen this before. How do I get the colors back?

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

Tim@Robbins, Aug 5, 2015
  4. slyphnier Win User

Weird Colors on Login Screen

seems possible bad video driver ...

but there also possibility sign of hardware(gpu or display) failure ...
    i would check gpu temp, see if there anything un-normal with the temp

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  5. Now how would I do that?

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  6. slyphnier Win User
    for gpu temperature monitoring... there few apps can do that
    GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility gpu-z should be the most simple portable apps

try to check your gpu specification, and look for driver update
    its still pretty new in windows10, but most gpu maker (nvidia & amd) already release win10 driver

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  7. I have the Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics card. It's about 48 or 49 degrees Celsius.

edit: I've downloaded the Intel Driver Update Utility program from Intel's website, and it's scanning my computer right now for drivers.

edit 2: No drivers found :c

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  8. slyphnier Win User

auto scan always hit&miss... so always better to search manually
    from my search it only come out with beta driver
    Intel Download Center

also it note An Intel Graphics Beta driver for Windows*10 can be found in Windows Update. Run Windows Update.

slyphnier, Aug 5, 2015
  9. I just checked Windows Update and I do not see a driver update there.

edit: I saw a "Definitive Update for Windows 10" and I installed it. No driver though.

Superluigi6, Aug 5, 2015
  10. I still get the weird colors *Sad

This time when I logged in, there was the messed up colors when the loading icon was shown and on the time lock screen, but it disappeared after 20 seconds.

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  11. slyphnier Win User
    other than in login screen do u got any issue with your display/graphic ?
    try forcing reinstalling gpu driver from control panel - device manager

anyway if it only happen on login screen and everything normal elsewhere... well even that kinda bothering, but wait a week or so, for new driver update + windows patch
    or
    you can try reset/fresh install windows10 and see if that fix your issue

it quite common few weeks from new OS release there tons of issue

slyphnier, Aug 6, 2015
  12. I don't get issues with my display/graphic.

The last 2 or 3 times I tried logging in, I didn't get the weird colors, so I think its solved. If it happens again I'll update the thread *Smile

Superluigi6, Aug 6, 2015
  13. Weird Colors on Login Screen

So I just got it again.

I remember looking Intel HD Graphics 3000 online, and I read that it's not supported by Windows 10.

Superluigi6, Aug 7, 2015
  14. slyphnier Win User
    well the good things is that only happen on boot screen other than tried reset win10 ... or better just fresh install win10 there nothing much you can do, beside waiting driver update to fix your issue which should be soon, considering win10 adoption rate is quite fast

slyphnier, Aug 8, 2015
  15. I'll try to wait. Thanks anyways *Smile

Superluigi6, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Weird Colors on Login Screen - Similar Threads - Weird Colors Login

2. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  3. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Colors Are Weird: Hello. Today i turned on my laptop and saw that the screen is slowly fading to white . and after sometime the white screen will go and everything works fine but the colors are reversed of some sort. here`s the screenshot . by the way , if its normal in the screenshot im sorry...
  4. Colors Are Weird

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Taskbar weird color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar weird color: [ATTACH]I booted up my desktop this morning and for some reason everything exept from my background and settings has changed to this weird color. pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-weird-color/05367b98-6ca0-4c21-9c3f-c4976fb7b3de
  6. Change login screen background color

Change login screen background color: I upgraded my PC from 8.1 and I had a black background for the login screen before and after I had upgraded it had grandfathered that background color. Now that I did an in-place upgrade (to fix some bad windows files), it seems it has taken on the default blue since I have...
  7. Solid color login screen?

Solid color login screen?: Hi! Does anyone know how to make ones login screen solid color? I tried the regfix at How to Change the Login Screen Background on Windows 10 but it doesn't seem to work here in Windows 10 Pro. Thanks! 14745
  8. Change color user login screen

Change color user login screen: I have searched for hours trying to find out how to change the color of the user login screen. Mine is the ugliest color. None of the information I found on Windows 8 will work on Windows 10. There is another post regarding this on this site but I am unable to open its answer...
  9. Changing font color of the login-screen

Changing font color of the login-screen: Hello, is it possible to change the font-color of the username in the login-screen? Maybe changing the font and fontsize too? [img] Thanks. 42418
  10. weird login screen appearance

in Windows 10 Support
    weird login screen appearance: the problem comes when I arrived at login screen. I use local account. when in login screen, it looks like in attachment --sorry for bad pic--. there was password box, overlapping sign in button, and overlapping welcome animation. I have change the settings --via netplwiz--...