Windows 10: Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme.

Discus and support Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, yesterday I downloaded zsh to work with tmux and WSL on Windows 10. I set theme to cypher. After some time I realized that colors are kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/piotrrybiec, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme.

Hello, yesterday I downloaded zsh to work with tmux and WSL on Windows 10. I set theme to cypher. After some time I realized that colors are kind of blinding and unpleasant. I launched up 'new' Windows 10 terminal and colors are fully normal. My question is: is there a way to make WSL colors look the same as on Windows terminal. (left: Windows 10 terminal right: WSL Ubuntu). ps: I didn't change any config files in .zshrc etc. 256 colors are enabled in .bashrc

https://imgur.com/gallery/Kiyd2sh

submitted by /u/piotrrybiec
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/piotrrybiec, Jun 3, 2020

2. Couldn't install Ubuntu 18.04 on WSL

Just tried it. Still the same.

Uninstalled Ubuntu 16,

Turned off the WSL feature,

Restarted comptuer

Turned on the WSL feature

Tried installing Ubuntu 18.

vikneshdbz, Jun 3, 2020
  3. Finding Trash bin in WSL(Ubuntu)

I am using Ubuntu in WSL but I can't find the trash bin!

Is there anyone who can tell me?

Donguk Lee, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme.

Ubuntu Linux on WSL will not use Internet

I have asked for the last 3 weeks for help from Ubuntu for the Ubuntu app in the store. My desktop has no issues using the Internet no matter where I go. However, for the last approximately 4 weeks the Ubuntu WSL will not access the Internet at
    all. Using apt-get update/upgrade, wget, curl, anything simply comes back as "Unable to access <whatever> site. Please try later." I have checked hosts, host.allow, host.deny, all are empty except for the normal comments. I have deleted/reinstalled
    Ubuntu, deleted/turned off WSL/rebooted/used disk cleanup/turned on WSL/rebooted/reinstalled Ubuntu and nothing helps. Please, someone help me with this issue before I delete windows entirely and set it up as SUSE or Fedora only. Thank you
    for any help/clues you can give me because Canonical doesn't seem to care.

Kenneth_Benson, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme.

1. Weird colors on WSL Ubuntu with cypher zsh colorscheme. - Similar Threads - Weird colors WSL

2. iperf cannot run in WSL Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    iperf cannot run in WSL Ubuntu: I have installed WSL 2 and Ubuntu. I want to run iperf from this Ubuntu to connect to a linux server on my LAN. I get connection refused error from iperf- $ iperf -c 192.168.2.45 connect failed: Connection refused ssh [email protected] works fine. I suspect port 5001 is...
  3. Weird colors on programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird colors on programs: [ATTACH] Hey there. I hope someone can help me with this as I've been having this issue for quite a while now. I'm not sure what it is and how to describe it, hence limited trouble shooting on my own, and why I am asking you guys for help. It happens very often in all...
  4. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  5. WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?

in Windows 10 Support
    WSL - Ubuntu - How do you use it?: Hello, I've installed WSL Ubuntu on Windows 10. How on earth do you use it? I've got a Laravel project that I was running using Laragon and running NPM on Windows is not the best, npm run watch takes forever - I have Elementary OS installed as a partition and use Laravel...
  6. Windows 10 Build 2004 and Ubuntu 20.04 WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Build 2004 and Ubuntu 20.04 WSL: Hello, Currently I'm using Windows 10 build 2004 insider release preview and I want to try out new Ubuntu 20.04 via WSL; which is going to be released today April 23, 2020.Windows Store has version 18.04 at the moment. When we can expect 20.04 to be available on the store?...
  7. Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to delete WSL Ubuntu Files: I installed and the uninstalled Ubutnu 18.04 for WSL from the Microsoft store. The uninstall did not remove all the files from my system and they are still there in AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.Ubuntu18.04onWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc I cannot delete the files...
  8. Taskbar weird color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar weird color: [ATTACH]I booted up my desktop this morning and for some reason everything exept from my background and settings has changed to this weird color. pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-weird-color/05367b98-6ca0-4c21-9c3f-c4976fb7b3de
  9. Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot run Ubuntu with WSL: I have Windows 10 Education build 18272.rs_prerelease.181026-1425. I have turned on Windows Subsystem for Linux, but I cannot run Ubuntu. I have tried installing the apps "Ubuntu" and later "Ubuntu 18.04 LTS" from the Windows store and running them. Upon installing either app...
  10. Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Ubuntu (WSL) app minimized: Ordinarily, I can right click on an app to trace back to the application file in File Explorer, open its properties tab, and set it to run minimized from there. With Ubuntu, that isn't possible. So how can I make it run minimized?...