Windows 10: Weird colours and night light on one account of windows 10

Discus and support Weird colours and night light on one account of windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; okay so ive been having this problem for about a week now, basically, I logged into my main account on windows 10 and after about 5 seconds of logging... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pato9097, Sep 10, 2019.

1. pato9097 Win User

Weird colours and night light on one account of windows 10

okay so ive been having this problem for about a week now, basically, I logged into my main account on windows 10 and after about 5 seconds of logging in the screen started to turn an orange/pinky tint. I knew that this was a night light setting but when I checked in the action centre it says it is disabled, I tried many things to fix this and none of them have worked. I have seen people say that it might be my drivers, but I use a driver update programme, and the weird thing is that when I log into a guest user or a second account on the same laptop none of the problems persist and the colours seem to be perfect.

:)

pato9097, Sep 10, 2019

2. Night light wierd bug

Night light issue, at the home screen before I log in its a normal colour, when I log in to (ACCOUNT A, ADMINISTRATOR), the screen fades to the night light colour, normal if I have it switched on, but
    according to settings I dont have it switched on and if I do switch it on it turns even more orange.

The settings aren't greyed out since I can turn it on or off, but while it seems to be on, it says its off, If I log out to the home screen its normal colour, if I go to a different account (ACCOUNT B),
    its normal colour, and If I turn on the night light on account B it works like normal. If I log back into Account A, its the same issue, fades back into that weird orange. Doesn't go away.

I use an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 as my graphics card, I have reinstalled from Nvidia website, updated, done everything, same result.

It also seems to be that If I don't use the Nvidia driver, and I use the Microsoft classic display driver, it works fine. But I need the Nvidia driver for good graphics obviously.

I have a video game, when I launch it, it automatically disables the night light, or does something to put it to normal colour, but I have to be in the game window. The game is Portal 2.

lukeyloo987, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Night light

Hi,

There are several reasons why you are having issues turning on or off the Night Light settings of your Windows 10 PC after the update. To troubleshoot your Night Light settings, we suggest that you apply the steps on this

thread
    that was provided by SurenderKhokhar on April 15, 2017.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Eric Ber, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Nick Dich Win User

Night Light

Hi,

We recently have been receiving posts regarding Night Light after the Windows 10 Creators Update. To help you troubleshoot the issue regarding Night Light settings that are grayed out, we suggest to try to apply the steps provided by SurenderKhokhar
    on this thread:
    Cant use Night Light In Window 10

Kindly keep us posted for any feedback.

Nick Dich, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird colours and night light on one account of windows 10 - Similar Threads - Weird colours night

2. Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours": I'm looking for the actual file in windows as I use 80% Strength and so I need to find the file and see what the exact filter is like so I can apply it in photoshop....
  3. Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours": I'm looking for the actual file in windows as I use 80% Strength and so I need to find the file and see what the exact filter is like so I can apply it in photoshop....
  4. Where is the file location of "Night Light" "Warm Colours"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Night Light

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Night Light: Hi, I use f.lux to control the blue light filter, as I started using it before Creator's Update. I wanted to know if Windows 10's Night Light can adapt the intensity of the filter depending on the time. f.lux is crescendo throughout the night warming colors and so,...
  6. night light

in Windows 10 Customization
    night light: my nightlight quit working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light/3c875bcd-a76f-46ac-aec3-83ee7302f284
  7. Windows 10 NIght light

Windows 10 NIght light: The problem is in the fact that I can't disable (or configure) night light settings. It's not grayed out, the sliders are active but they don't do anything, neither I enabling/disabling NL, it doesn't save at all. BUT on the previous version on win10 I had this option enabled...
  8. NIGHT LIGHT Windows

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    NIGHT LIGHT Windows: NIGHT LIGHT not working on my Laptop, the option is blocked it looks gray, I can not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-windows/39bee80d-8416-411d-965f-819efed997a7
  9. Night Light not working on one account

Night Light not working on one account: Hello there, I'm having an issue where Windows Night Light is not working on my main account, but if I create any other user account, night light works within those accounts. When I say "not working," I mean I can toggle the button on and off, but nothing actually...
  10. No Night Light

No Night Light: I do not have the Night Light feature although I believe that I have my Windows updated to the latest version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/no-night-light/897c6f1c-5d8a-449f-acec-5617643d4765