Windows 10: Weird computer issue? Inputs stop working but the computer keeps running games

Discus and support Weird computer issue? Inputs stop working but the computer keeps running games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Experiencing a weird issue on Windows, so far this has only happened while I am gaming it happens randomly, sometimes multiple times in a day sometimes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by YogiBrrr, May 10, 2020.

1. YogiBrrr Win User

Weird computer issue? Inputs stop working but the computer keeps running games

Experiencing a weird issue on Windows, so far this has only happened while I am gaming it happens randomly, sometimes multiple times in a day sometimes once a week.

So sound will stop, my keyboard inputs do nothing and mouse does nothing either they're still lit up though so obviously connected. The game will continue playing on the monitor even multiplayer I can still see my team moving around infront of me but I can't do anything even alt + tab or ctrl + alt + del none of my inputs work.

Hoping someone has had a similar issue, as I would like to avoid having to reinstall windows

:)

YogiBrrr, May 10, 2020

2. Game Bar freezes Computer

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft community and thank you for posting your query.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• What is the model number of the computer?

• Which game are you trying to play?
    • Try playing other games and check what the status is.
    Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the computer manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. Visit the below link:

http://www.intel.com/content/www/us...for-5th-generation-intel-core-processors.html

Method 3.

For the sound issue try the below steps.

Step 1.

I suggest you to uninstall/reinstall the sound adapter driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager

• Now click on Sound, video and game controllers
      to expand, right click on the device and click on uninstall.

• Once you are done installing the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the sound adapter driver.
    If the issue still persist, try the below steps.

Step 2.

I suggest you to update the audio driver and check.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device manager
    • Now click on Sound, video and game controllers and right click on it and
      update the software.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, May 10, 2020
  3. Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, May 10, 2020
  4. ShiBDiB Win User

Weird issues and slowdowns

Having some weird issues lately, at startup my computer listed in specs hangs for a minute or 2 displaying a 98 in the bottom right of the screen.

Also the computer seems to randomly get sluggish for a minute or 2 at times..

Not a clue what it could be, maybe the RAM is shitting the bed?

ShiBDiB, May 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Weird computer issue? Inputs stop working but the computer keeps running games - Similar Threads - Weird computer issue

2. My computer keeps freezing under load/running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer keeps freezing under load/running games: When ever i run a game or program, my screen and audio freezes and a minute aftrer it shuts down and starts back up. When it start back up it doesn't recognize my, keyboard , microphone, headset it does still give audio after restart but doesn't come up as a "primary output"...
  3. Computer keeps crashing while running Dead by Daylight game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps crashing while running Dead by Daylight game: Whenever I try to run dead by daylight on my pc, the game will work for a few moments then my pc screen will turn black and forcefully restart itself. This only happens with Dead by Daylight, and sometimes with other games. This issue has been ongoing for over a year now and...
  4. Computer keeps crashing while running Dead by Daylight game

Computer keeps crashing while running Dead by Daylight game: Whenever I try to run dead by daylight on my pc, the game will work for a few moments then my pc screen will turn black and forcefully restart itself. This only happens with Dead by Daylight, and sometimes with other games. This issue has been ongoing for over a year now and...
  5. Weird input issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird input issue: Hi all, I’m having a bit of an issue with my PC. A couple of days ago my keyboard and mouse inputs went all weird where nothing was typing, and it was doing odd things. The mouse also. I restarted and all was well. A couple of days later, today 17/06/22 I had the electricity...
  6. Weird input issue

Weird input issue: Hi all, I’m having a bit of an issue with my PC. A couple of days ago my keyboard and mouse inputs went all weird where nothing was typing, and it was doing odd things. The mouse also. I restarted and all was well. A couple of days later, today 17/06/22 I had the electricity...
  7. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  8. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer: Hello, I recently fixed one problem I had been having with Windows Defender where it would freeze my computer but suddenly a new problem reared its ugly head. Every time I turn on my computer very soon after it will freeze, my mouse is still able to interact with windows but...
  9. Game Input Reconfiguration Freezes Computer

10. Weird computer issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird computer issue: My Dell randomly shut off and everything behaves weird the computer screen keeps appearing in an ugly squished appearance that disappears when I restart The sleep button locks my computer and my Steam games all load slowly while I am unable to change the graphics quality...