Windows 10: Weird computer softlock and beeping

Discus and support Weird computer softlock and beeping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; OK, so this may take a while to read, sorry! I'm on a HP Pavilion 360 degree Convertible with Intel Core i3, plugged in, in tablet mode (and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by anonybob, Nov 16, 2019.

1. anonybob Win User

Weird computer softlock and beeping

OK, so this may take a while to read, sorry!

I'm on a HP Pavilion 360 degree Convertible with Intel Core i3, plugged in, in tablet mode (and flipped), and connected via USB to a Logitech M171 Wireless Mouse, if that helps.

The computer had just booted up from an update, I'm drawing with my electric stylus (IDK what to call it) on Autodesk Sketchbook, and I have a song on YouTube in the background. Everything is fine until Sketchbook freezes. I'm used to that, so I wait a few seconds for it to load again. The cursor moves and the song still plays normally, but when I click with the USB mouse, I hear 2 short beeps rather like the BIOS code beeps, on the press and release of the button. The computer has now gone into softlock, the crosshair of the cursor doesn't change when hovering over the taskbar, and I flip the computer back into "laptop mode", but the screen doesn't auto-rotate like it should. I couldn't do anything, Ctrl + Alt + Del didn't work so I had no choice but to force shut down the computer by pressing and holding the power button. Note that it took a LOT longer than it should (about 15-20 seconds). The computer boots up normally and I am writing this just after, but I'm very confused and a little worried. It's not anything that's happened before and my computer is pretty healthy, but anyone got any advice?

Thanks!

P.S: I'm only 11 so if anything is unclear or needs further detail please ask Weird computer softlock and beeping :D

:)

anonybob, Nov 16, 2019

2. Computer beeping

I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come on, and the computer itself is beeping... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this????

hjleininger, Nov 16, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    zbook, Nov 16, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Computer is frozen, won't accept input from keyboard or mouse

In the computer hope link for RAM it suggested removing all RAM modules.
    Then power on the computer without RAM modules and listen to the beeps.
    Indicate whether they do or do not match the beep sounds in your video.

Please complete all of the POST troubleshooting steps so that can be ruled in / ruled out.

zbook, Nov 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird computer softlock and beeping - Similar Threads - Weird computer softlock

2. Computer Keeps Beeping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Keeps Beeping: always when i play minecraft/roblox on my pc my pc starts beeping. the beeps come from the insides of my pc and this only happens while playing the microsoft store edition of roblox and minecraft for windows 10 bedrock please help me it is really annoying...
  3. Computer Keeps Beeping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Keeps Beeping: always when i play minecraft/roblox on my pc my pc starts beeping. the beeps come from the insides of my pc and this only happens while playing the microsoft store edition of roblox and minecraft for windows 10 bedrock please help me it is really annoying...
  4. Computer beeps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer beeps: my computer beeps all the time, hoe can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-beeps/2ea0b102-1646-4c99-a489-62b7a6dc5d23
  5. Weird beeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird beeping: Hey people, so, I was playing payday 2 and listening to some youtube videos and after the video ended I pressed the windows key to exit the game and switch videos, but for some reason my pc made a weird beep when I pressed the key, anyone know why? And weirdly enough I...
  6. computer softlocks? randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer softlocks? randomly: so I've been arguing with this issue for a wile now and I've finally given in after at least 4 months of scouring the internet searching for anyone else having the problem. so randomly my computer will basically half freeze the system clock will stop most applications will...
  7. Laptop softlocked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop softlocked: When I was on my laptop my screen which is a Stream x360 crashed and when I turn of my laptop and turned it back up it said BIOS crashed and I clicked enter to start it I waited an hour and nothing happened and it froze and it always brings me back to the black screen but I...
  8. Weird motherboard beeping/memory issue. Help?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird motherboard beeping/memory issue. Help?: I'm kind of at my wit's end right now. *Sad I had this issue when I first built my PC a few years back but ultimately had it "resolved" until last night The motherboard is very, very weird about how I put the sticks of RAM in and I guess even the order I put them in....
  9. Windows causes weird "beeping" noise

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows causes weird "beeping" noise: Hi, since I have installed Windows 10, I noticed weird "beeping" noise. It's not classic beeping sound you can hear, when there is something wrong. It's not even coming from speakers. It's like mechanical, not sure how to call it. I was using Ubuntu before and I'm pretty...
  10. Computer beeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer beeping: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come on, and the computer itself is beeping... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this???? 56553