Windows 10: Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio

Discus and support Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello: I have Windows 10, 64-bit and Office 2010. I spent a great part of yesterday deleting everything "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3" (from file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hans L, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Hans L Win User

Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio

Hello:

I have Windows 10, 64-bit and Office 2010.

I spent a great part of yesterday deleting everything "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3" (from file structure, registry, etc.) and it is possible that I deleted something I should not have. However, the result is weird.

Note: Roxio - DVD Burning Software - Easy VHS to DVD - DVD Decoder - Video Converter - CD Burning

When I now click on Microsoft Visual FoxPro > Tools > Code reference, a Windows installer box opens with the text

"Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3
    Please wait while WINDOWS configures Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3".

Eventually, I get an error message saying:

Error 2718 Missing package name for product code '(DE363BFB-DC2C-45B1-8ACF-793D8ECA56A3)'.

I do not know what the product code refers to. As all this goes on, I can not close Visual Foxpro any other way than via Task Manager.

Where "Roxio" comes from, I do not know, as it is supposedly removed from my computer.

Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Hans L, Jun 5, 2019

2. Will WIN10 run Visual Foxpro? If so, will I need to reinstall Visual Foxpro after installing WIN10?

Hello,

We understand you would like to know if Visual FoxPro will work with Windows 10. We will assist you with your query.

Many of the users have confirmed that Visual FoxPro works in Windows 10. However we suggest you to post your query in MSDN visual FoxPro forum.
    We have a dedicated team with advanced tools and permission to help you with this issue. So I suggest you to post the same query in MSDN forum.

Msdn forums - Visual FoxPro

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jun 5, 2019
  3. Will WIN10 run Visual Foxpro? If so, will I need to reinstall Visual Foxpro after installing WIN10?

Will WIN10 run Visual Foxpro? If so, will I need to reinstall Visual Foxpro after installing WIN10?

623Bookends, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio

visual foxpro support library

I am trying to run Wisechoice software RightClick Atlas and since the updates to windows 10 I am getting the error message cannot locate the micsorost visual foxpro support library. I do not have the software visual foxpro on my computer

David W.McElroy, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio

1. Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio - Similar Threads - Weird connection between

2. foxpro for windows v2.6

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    foxpro for windows v2.6: Hello all, I have the source code for a system I developed years ago in fpw v2.6 that I'd like to upgrade to vfp v9. Can anyone give me a lead as to how I can get a copy to foxpro for windows v2.6 (preferrably) or v2.5? Any effort would be extremely appreciated. Dan...
  3. Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird connection between Visual FoxPro and Roxio: Hello: I have Windows 10, 64-bit and Office 2010. I spent a great part of yesterday deleting everything "Roxio Easy VHS to DVD 3" (from file structure, registry, etc.) and it is possible that I deleted something I should not have. However, the result is weird. Note: Roxio...
  4. Roxio Creator lost

Roxio Creator lost: Since I bought my HP Pavilion in 2015 it has upgraded to Windows 10 when it was first offered for free. Somewhere along the way Roxio Creator disappeared. I've tried using a few different programs and they just don't burn right or play right. Also nothing will play...
  5. Weird connection but cant open the website to connect to it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird connection but cant open the website to connect to it: I am currently trying to connect my new pc to a wired internet connection. The internet at my location requires you to open a web page to input information and gain access to the internet because it is a business pc. I cannot open the webpage and cannot find a way on how to....
  6. Weird Windows visual appearance after updating to version 1809

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Windows visual appearance after updating to version 1809: Hi, Yesterday I've received the latest feature update ( Version 1809, OS Build 17763.253 ) What I used to do on previous versions of Windows is Uncheck "Show shadows under windows" in the performance options, and you can see it in this screenshot: [ATTACH] Then I set...
  7. Weird connection problem

Weird connection problem: Since last three days i experienced a strange problem. This happen to my PC. I got 500-1000ms ping and 0kbps download speed when i used my home wifi, my phone and laptop just fine with my home wifi, normal ping and normal download speed. At first i thought it was my PC...
  8. Visual Foxpro 9

Visual Foxpro 9: I purchased a SURFACE PRO I5/8/128 SILVER BUNDLE. I need to install visual foxpro 9 on this and have copied the files onto the surface. I am getting an error message that I need to run windows component update. I'm not sure what that is??? Moved from: Surface Pro...
  9. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  10. connecting between 2 pc's

connecting between 2 pc's: I have 2 pc's. A win 10 and a win 7. They both can see each other but reject any attempts to login. I type in my username and password. Nothing. I assume those are my 'Network Credentials'. I don't even want to think about my old little XP laptop. WTF? Thanks. 70672