Windows 10: Weird Defender Issue i Believe

Discus and support Weird Defender Issue i Believe in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AMDMan2016, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

Hello All

Updated my System 1809 Pro build to 17763.134, restarted, Then My Fans kicked up to high speed for a good 5-10 minutes, Defender still shows after Full Scan Threats found, despite i checked with every single other portable program and also Eset online scan

So far ran
    ADW Cleaner nothing found
    Ran Malwarebytes Full scan, again nothing found
    Didn't do Defender offline scan yet
    Eset online scan came back clean

Removed Avast with Add/Remove Programs after clean install of 1809 on October 3rd, since i decided to give Defender a really good run to see if i really liked it for a change, then used Avast removal tool, manually removed all Avast folders i could find, thought was fine, but seems not to be when fans are going at warp speed on system login

Any advice, tips, and such

Should I try to reinstall Avast and remove it once again? Run system file checker again? Dism tool? or should I go for another clean install with the latest ISO

SFC scan was clean other night by the way

:)

AMDMan2016, Nov 13, 2018
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    win 10 defender issues

Hi,

Windows Defender helps in making your computer secure from any viruses or malware. Listed below are some reasons why the program will not work properly:

• Software conflicts (usually cause with other anti-virus application)
    • Virus and malware infection
    • Corrupted system files

To help you with the issue, we suggest following the steps provided by
    PrashantKumar96
    on this thread
    that can help in running your Windows Defender successfully.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Weird Defender Issue i Believe

Windows update and windows defender issues

We suggest you to avoid installing any cleaner or anti-virus software that may interrupt the function of Windows Defender. Make sure that Windows Defender is always on. To do this follow these steps:

• On the Start menu, type Windows Defender and hit enter.
    • Click Settings.
    • Turn Real-time protection on.
    We also recommend you to install the latest update for Windows Defender.

Should you have further questions, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Weird Defender Issue i Believe

1. Weird Defender Issue i Believe - Similar Threads - Weird Defender Issue

2. I can't believe that this issue still happens in 2023.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't believe that this issue still happens in 2023.: If I have Automatically pick an accent color from my background checked, everytime the wallpaper changes there's a huge lag spike across the system, this can be noticeable while typing, or simply moving the mouse, I have been suffering from this issue for months now and I...
  3. weird issue - Microsoft Defender antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    weird issue - Microsoft Defender antivirus: i have a very weird issue !1. Microsoft Defender detects a malware2. i allowed the malware to run on my system 3. allowed threats is empty!4. i re-execute the infected app5. defender shows no alert !so the malware is running and it's allowed but i can't remove it from allowe...
  4. Weird issue with windows defender

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird issue with windows defender: Since yesterday when i start some applicactions(like Fortnite, league of legends and discord i tried other app like some steam games and some blizzard games with no problem meaning that it didnt crash), MsMpEng.exe crash with BEX64, this didnt happen at all before and i didnt...
  5. I believe there is a hacking issue

I believe there is a hacking issue: i have been getting fake error messages on my facebook, microsoft, google etc login pages saying ""incorrect password or email"" i know theyre fake but they still prevent me logging in. any advice? [Original Title: hacking]...
  6. Defender acting weird...

Defender acting weird...: Hey all, yesterday I had a random crash where my fans started going crazy as my monitors both powered off. I rebooted & it said it was repairing my D: drive 2TB hard-drive with most of my work on it. This morning this happened again, although there was no repair message. The...
  7. Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSODs. I believe the issues are in the Windows Kernel.: Ever since I built my computer a year ago, I have been having constant BSODs. I would be idling my computer, playing games, watching videos, and doing other mundane tasks and it still happens. I have updated all of my drivers, updated my BIOS to the latest version, replaced...
  8. I Believe there is Scammer

I Believe there is Scammer: I have loud screaming noise on laptop and message saying computer is locked do not turn off. Identity has been stolen and ring a number. Now I can't turn on laptop, just keep getting this message. How do I stop it? [Original Title: scammer]...
  9. Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Weird issue copying files with Windows Defender: Hello. I am posting this thread here because it's not related to security at all. I formatted a somewhat old Toshiba Satellite laptop yesterday (2GB RAM, w10 x86 pro 17134.376). Everything running smooth and such. But then I went to put user's personal files back (44GB...
  10. Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge. Reproducible issue so weird that its hard to believe it happens.: I can reproduce the issue I'm going to describe at will and on two separate machines. Each machine is running a clean install of the AU. (This issue did not happen prior to the AU release). I'm not so much looking for a fix as just trying to get a handle on whether the...