Windows 10: Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu

Discus and support Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After 20 secs or more (I timed it) of not touching the start button, when I press it, it'll take a full second to even a second and a half before it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Arnoxthe1, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu

After 20 secs or more (I timed it) of not touching the start button, when I press it, it'll take a full second to even a second and a half before it finally pops up. This is a minor thing, I know, but it's really irritating. Is anyone else experiencing this?

I also did some experimenting and I've confirmed that the problem is actuallly not Cortana/Windows Search at all, surprisingly enough.

submitted by /u/Arnoxthe1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Arnoxthe1, Jan 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu

Windows 10 start menu delay

Hi thanks for the reply,

I followed the steps and it still randomly delayed. It was working after the restart but after opening the internet explorer and start working with the PC it came back to the delays.

Albert_ire, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu

1. Weird Delay When I Open Start Menu - Similar Threads - Weird Delay Open

2. When I open the start menu, it just closes

in Windows 10 Customization
    When I open the start menu, it just closes: When I press the windows key, the start menu comes up for a split second then closes. If you can give any suggestions or solutions to help me fix it that would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Start menu opens when I press esc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Start menu opens when I press esc: Hello, my name is Maks and I have a question my problem is, when I click esc opens start menu and I can't change sites on firefox and other weird things, I turned off sticky buttons That bug doing at random times and when I restart the computer everything works for 10 min/1,5...
  4. Windows 10 start menu delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu delay: Hi, I've experienced delays on the start menu on Windows 10 since time ago. I even reinstalled it from scratch but still being delayed by around 2 seconds and it's quite annoying, specially because I can't tell what can cause it. Every component in my computer is up to...
  5. Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu delayed, can't search, can't open Cortana ?: Hello, When starting PC today my Start menu is delayed, can't search and can't open Cortana. Anyone have any idea what could cause this? I'm on latest 1909 update. submitted by /u/mambans [link] [comments]...
  6. start menu delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    start menu delay: Whenever i open start in win 10 it opens quickly but later it opens after some delay. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-delay/7b658f5d-fd7c-4bfe-9cc8-02aab9ff6f5b
  7. Critical error when I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Critical error when I open the start menu: Hi when i press the start menu button or the search bar i get a critical error saying your start menu isnt working. I was getting an error earlier where when i turned on my pc i got an error saying unexpected kernel mode trap. I unpluged my pc power supply and all usb...
  8. Weird Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Start Menu: Hi Guys This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I've been a member for a while now and before making my first post i've used the search facility until i ran out of keywords to use and couldn't find anything similar to my problem. I have virtually no tiles...
  9. Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Odd New Cortana/SearchUI Glitch? Delayed Open of Start Menu?: I started getting these odd delays. Cortana's button would no longer open her. when I pressed the windows key or pressed the start menu, it took about 2 seconds to pop up... Very odd, my PC has an i7 4790k, and 8gb of RAM, and an r9 290 in it all on an SSD with plenty of...
  10. Delayed Start menu opening with a second black screen and crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed Start menu opening with a second black screen and crash: Hello! I use Windows 10 for a while. A few days ago i noticed a phenomenon. When i try to open the Start Menu, it lags a bit, looks it will crash, but after 1-2 seconds it opens normally. I have found an error/information in the event log with ID 1001, source Windows Error...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wem delay open start menu