Windows 10: Weird Desktop Folder

Discus and support Weird Desktop Folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hedra3, Apr 3, 2022.

1. Hedra3 Win User

Weird Desktop Folder

Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm explaining things. The top image is my desktop folder, and the bottom is what I see when I minimize a window on my right monitor. About 1/3 of the icons on the bottom aren't showing on the top. If you want me to, I'll explain how It got like this, and it involves a OneDrive screwup. Any help getting this hopefully last piece of jank working again would be appreciated! Also, the ones that aren't in the top are columns 1 and about half of column two

:)

Hedra3, Apr 3, 2022
  2. netrate Win User

Weird occurrence - desktop won't load, spinning wheel etc

Ok here is the MR steps to be sure I am completing this properly - same error thought.
    Step 1

Weird Desktop Folder [​IMG]

Step 2

Step 3

Step 4

step 5

Step 6 - Error

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT : I did what you said and tried without G (second time, didn't take screen shots), same error. I did notice that NTFS Primary 3 (NONE) doesn't have a drive letter associated with it?

netrate, Apr 3, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Deleted icons stay on desktop (not in desktop folder)

I can only suggest that you
    1 Add a list of steps you have already taken.
    2 Add a comment about restarting the computer. Do the deleted icons disappear then?
    2 Add a comment explaining if any Desktop items do delete correctly and whether or not there are any significant differences between those that do delete correctly and those that don't.
    3 Add a list of any OS tweaks you have done & any third-party OS-related utilities you have run.

I assume you have already reinstalled your display driver.
    I don't see a Repair install as being relevant. Repair Install - TenForumsTutorials

Denis

Try3, Apr 3, 2022
  4. marinro Win User

Weird Desktop Folder

Folder Freeze when trying to click on a Word Document. HELP

Hi there,

I came across a very weird bug/issue.

Use Case

Step 1: Create a word document on Desktop and name it TestFreeze

Step 2: Test that you can open the word document and write something like 'Testing freeze folder' ->save it

Step 3: Create a folder on Desktop and name it FreezeMe

Step 4: Copy 'TestFreeze' document in the 'FreezeMe' folder

Step 5: Open the 'FreezeMe' folder and select/click 'TestFreeze' document

Result: Folder Not Responding

Additional Information

I have run some tests and it does not matter:

• if it is a new or old Microsoft word file
    • if the document has content in it or not
    • if it has a long/short name or special characters
    • it does not matter the folder or the name of the folder in which you put the file in
    I also tried with an excel file and seems that I do not experience the same issue.

Microsoft version: 16.0.9330.2073

Windows version: 10.0.17134 Build 17134 with all updates up to date

If there is anything else I can provide to help sort this out, please do let me know.

Opened to any suggestions on how to fix this, as it is very frustrating.

Thanks

marinro, Apr 3, 2022
Thema:

Weird Desktop Folder

1. Weird Desktop Folder - Similar Threads - Weird Desktop Folder

2. Weird folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird folder: There is a folder called "firebase-heartbeat" in the appdata/local directory. what is this, and should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/207a514f-86e3-494d-89d1-77e154cb61bc
  3. Weird folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird folder: There is a folder called "firebase-heartbeat" in the appdata/local directory. what is this, and should i be worried? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/207a514f-86e3-494d-89d1-77e154cb61bc
  4. Weird Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird Folder: why is there a GOG.com folder in appdata\local? I didnt install anything from there. Theres also a bunch of files in there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/33a6e0cc-bacd-433e-9b67-691652d1d7c6
  5. Weird Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Folder: why is there a GOG.com folder in appdata\local? I didnt install anything from there. Theres also a bunch of files in there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-folder/33a6e0cc-bacd-433e-9b67-691652d1d7c6
  6. Weird Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird Desktop Folder: Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm explaining things. The top image is my desktop folder, and the bottom is what I see when I minimize a window on my right monitor....
  7. Weird Desktop Folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Desktop Folder: Alright, so here's the issue - I have two different "desktops". One that I see, and my desktop folder. Attached are two images that help when I'm explaining things. The top image is my desktop folder, and the bottom is what I see when I minimize a window on my right monitor....
  8. Query : weird partition with weird folder

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Query : weird partition with weird folder: Hi all. To start, I've got a Dell pc. It seems they add weird partitions. I've got the normal ESP partition first. It's fat32. The second partition, I believe it's created by Windows, is 40mb and is labeled "diags". The strange thing is that it's also fat32 and includes one...
  9. Weird Folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird Folders: Hi, my folders are acting weird. When I try and minimize them so I can move stuff between folders, they get all weird and it's really hard to move stuff because there is only a small white space and I can't see any of the stuff already in the folders. Is this a glitch or is...
  10. weird folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    weird folder: so i was doing a presentation for biology and i made a folder on my usb drive. i named that folder "zarnjaci" and when i made it in the folder there was a bunch of folders and files with weird names like ╦Łq!î=.˛žý and similar and i couldnt open them. it showed that that...