Windows 10: Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

Discus and support Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MonikaPetek, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

Hello everyone,

since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected through Ethernet, the spikes are gone. I've tried everything, reseting network, deleting sru file, changing startup of this service from automatic to manual, deleting .bat file.. and nothing helped. I only didn't try to reinstall wireless driver.

So.. I am asking for another solutions if you have.. because this spike take 2gb of memory, and 5-10% cpe.. and it's really bothering me, what's wrong.

:)

MonikaPetek, Oct 9, 2019
  2. Miroslav Prágl, Oct 9, 2019
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Oct 9, 2019
  4. guthrie Win User

Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

HP laptop problem
    In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR)

Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes [​IMG]

In the last few days it started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes [​IMG]

Did upgrade of BIOS, no improvement.
    Downloaded all current windows upgrades – no fix.
    I created a new (admin) user, same problem.
    I ran all of the diagnostics in the HP Support Assistant, all passed – no effect.
    I ran "sfc /scannow." and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" – no effect.

There is an online thread on this in the HP forums, which does not seem to show any fix.
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...c/td-p/6209980

The HP support is abysmal – it took several minutes for him to echo back “so this is your computer system?”, and then the only suggestion was a factory reset.

guthrie, Oct 9, 2019
Thema:

Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

1. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes - Similar Threads - Weird Diagnostic Policy

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. Diagnostic Policy Service causing large CPU spikes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service causing large CPU spikes.: Recently, my laptop has randomly been having large CPU usage spikes that cause lag due to Diagnostic Policy Service. This has happened before, and I fixed it by ending the process, and deleting SRUDB.dat. However, this time that isn't possible. If I try to end the process, I...
  5. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  6. Insane RAM spikes from Service Host: Diagnostic Policy

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Insane RAM spikes from Service Host: Diagnostic Policy: I have a Thinkpad laptop with an i3-7100U and 8GB of DDR4-2133 (upgraded from the original 4GB) RAM. For some odd reason, even if I have NOTHING open, Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service constantly keeps changing its RAM usage, from barely anything to an insane amount....
  7. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  8. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service: This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Dell Optiplex 380 I am trying to network my computers, of which I have too many! LOL These are the OSes I need to network, although...
  9. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU: HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU. HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR) [img] In the last few days it started having poor...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...