Windows 10: Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space?

Discus and support Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space? in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; So basically on my C: Drive Windows is taking up about 60GB of space. The disk image I created on my internal HDD is 90GB and the one I just created... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by STU9000, Dec 13, 2020.

1. STU9000 Win User

Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space?

So basically on my C: Drive Windows is taking up about 60GB of space.

The disk image I created on my internal HDD is 90GB and the one I just created on my new external HDD is 40GB.

Anyone got any idea what that's all about?

:)

STU9000, Dec 13, 2020
  2. WOT
    WOT Win User
  3. Joan Pin Win User
    disk space reduced after media creation tool

Hi Sarah,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space was reduced is due to an unallocated disk space on your partitions. For us to isolate your concern, we suggest that you check your device's partition. To do this, follow the steps provided below:

• Type Computer Management on Ask me anything and press
      Enter.
    • Select Storage and click on Disk Management.
    • Send us a screenshot.
    We look forward to your response.

Joan Pin, Dec 13, 2020
  4. Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space?

Jefferson Ore, Dec 13, 2020
Thema:

Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space?

1. Weird Discrepancies in Backup Disk Space? - Similar Threads - Weird Discrepancies Backup

2. Major discrepancy in disk space

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Major discrepancy in disk space: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/IG_CrimsonTwilight [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m75oe4/major_discrepancy_in_disk_space/
  3. Disk Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk Backup: I have a neighbor whos PC needs upgrading. Inside is an older HDD and I want to clone everything over to a new SSD. I have an external enclosure for the drive to connect via USB, but it only has one slot so I have no way of connecting both the SSD and the HDD to my desktop at...
  4. Disk Space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Space: Today there was a new update that popped up on my computer for Windows 10. My computer (Surface Pro) said there wasn't enough disk space to install it and all of a sudden all my files compressed and a majority of thumbnails for images disappeared. So - first went to the "Disk...
  5. Windows 10 - radical discrepancy in disk usage values

Windows 10 - radical discrepancy in disk usage values: I've consistently noticed that there is such a vast difference between the disk usage calculation reported in the Properties dialog box and what I know to be the actual disk usage - confirmed by a utility that I use, TreeSize. See below: [ATTACH] On the left side, Windows...
  6. Windows Storage Spaces Utilization Discrepancy

Windows Storage Spaces Utilization Discrepancy: I've searched high-and-low for an answer to this but haven't figured it out yet. So before I wipe, reinitialize, and then restore from backup, I'm here hoping for an answer. I'm using Windows Storage Spaces to create a single-drive Parity space using 5x2TB hard drives....
  7. Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Large Temperature Discrepancy Between HD DIsk Sentinel/ Crystal Disk?: Unless I am mistaken both apps are reading the temps of the internal storage device and if so then why the large discrepancy? TIA. [img] [img] 125437
  8. Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus USB drive - speed discrepency: Hello - I have this 1TB USB drive currently attached to my PC and it's working normally. By this I mean no errors and reasonable performance. It's USB 3 capable, but the motherboard is USB 2 only. The system is recent but modest, AMD FX 4300 paired with an ASRock...
  9. Low disk space message for Backup disk.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Low disk space message for Backup disk.: Hi, I get a notification every 10 minutes or so saying "Low Disk Space - You are running out of disk space on backup disk" In the backup settings, I told it to delete files whenever it needs space, yet I'm still getting this annoying message. A) Is my backup running as it...
  10. Large discrepancy in C drive used disk space

in Windows 10 Support
    Large discrepancy in C drive used disk space: Could someone help explain why there is an over 5G difference in the used disk space on my "C" partition? The windows properties tab shows 33.3GB used, but I can't find where it's all being used. If I add up the space used for each folder, it only adds up to 28GB. This is...