Windows 10: Weird Display Behaviour

Discus and support Weird Display Behaviour in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveGPhoto, Oct 14, 2016.

1. Weird Display Behaviour

I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa

This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed?

I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition recently.

TIA for any advice *Smile

:)

SteveGPhoto, Oct 14, 2016

2. Lumia 920(WP 8.0) cannot play Youtube videos anymore?

But I doubt you are in the right region (.ax) in? Have 25 phones here in Finland and they all display this weird behaviour! None of the WP8.0 work anymore whereas all 7.x still works fine...?

Butta---01, Oct 14, 2016
  3. fadimck Win User
    N900 weird behaviour

Those are known issue and Nokia promised to solve them on the next firmware update

fadimck, Oct 14, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Weird Display Behaviour

If you're logging in with a Microsoft account -- that is, the same Microsoft account -- on both machines, it may be synching your themes and settings automatically across all those devices. That's been a feature since the inception of Windows 10 (and may even go back to Windows 8 or 8.1 -- I can't remember; indeed they do, according to the How-to Geek). This article explains how this works, if you're interested: Understanding the New Sync Settings in Windows 10.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 14, 2016
  5. Thanks for that Ed. I guess I must have changed the sync settings after the update.

SteveGPhoto, Oct 14, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Change it to a Local login, then go into System Settings and set it to use the Live account for only syncing certain items.

The Roaming Profile that Microsoft implemented is fine for an office if you get moved to a different workstaion. But at times of course when you like all of us that use desktops for specific reasons, we don't want certain items to sync.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Weird Display Behaviour

1. Weird Display Behaviour - Similar Threads - Weird Display Behaviour

2. Weird ethernet behaviour

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird ethernet behaviour: My ethernet throughput on task manager is being really weird, and my download speed is also acting strange. I don't know why it's like this, could I please have help? [ATTACH]...
  3. Weird CMD Behaviour.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird CMD Behaviour.: Hi, When I launch cmd.exe from a C# Program, I get error that 'ssh is not an internal or external program' but when I launch cmd via Win + R -> cmd.exe, there is no problem. I checked the PATH variable and its identical in both. What could cause this weird behaviour? P.S: I...
  4. Weird behaviour with updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird behaviour with updates: This is what happened: 1. Laptop should be offline: Ethernet plugged out, WiFi switched off in system tray. I boot to Windows to play a game. 2. I'm done with the game. System tray shows there are pending updates (something about .net framework, if I recall) that need the...
  5. Weird PC behaviour freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird PC behaviour freezing: So i have had this problem around 5-6 times in the last three years ,and it really confused me ,so here's how it goes :i would be using my PC for quite sometime ,everything is normal then it freezes and wont respond i would have to force shut it down and when i try to boot it...
  6. Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop

Weird PrintScreen behaviour on a desktop: Hello there. So, my dektop as been behaving quite weirdly, it's an old system and only a few months from getting binned but until then... So, the issue is: I own a gskill ripjaw km780 mx that as been working pretty well so far. Today something weird started happening: I...
  7. weird keyboard behaviour

weird keyboard behaviour: I was playing GTA V, enjoying time with my friend. Then all of a sudden, pressing W does not walk my character forward. it kept showing this menu about pen input or something. On action center it shows me a notification about something along the lines of "Microsoft Keyboard...
  8. Weird behaviour

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Weird behaviour: Hi, I have backupped a good working system, installed with everything I'm used to work with (a win pro 64 install from usb stick wich works),..I did this because I knew updating windows to its latest version would give me problems...and yes today I have tried again for the...
  9. Weird connectivity behaviour

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird connectivity behaviour: Today while I was playing a game on my PC I heard the Windows alert sound, but when I checked to look there was no alert to be seen. Shortly afterwards my PC was disconnected from the Internet. Chrome said that my device is offline, this usually never happens. My phone could...
  10. Weird network sharing behaviour.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Weird network sharing behaviour.: So I have many PCs and laptops in my office and they all are connected over the network. 10 laptops on WiFi and 4 PCs on wired connection. Now the problem is that some of these PCs and laptops don't show up on the network, some do, some won't see them selves and a few...