Windows 10: Weird display of desktop

Discus and support Weird display of desktop in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; [img] Quite an issue with a computer and how it is showing icons. This occurs in both Normal and Safe modes on one user. It is normal on a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Berton, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Berton Win User

Weird display of desktop

Weird display of desktop [​IMG]

Quite an issue with a computer and how it is showing icons. This occurs in both Normal and Safe modes on one user. It is normal on a second user. Thought it was a Profile issue. Upgrading from Version 1909 [when it started a couple months ago] to Version 2004 didn't change it and none of the Desktop settings change it. Computer has an nVidia GeForce GT 710 card [no built-in graphic adapter] fully up-to-date with Version 27.21.14.5185 dated 7/23/2020. Haven't been able to determine what program could have changed it.

The icons are normal size but the highlight of them is the issue along with stacking and spacing between the rows. There's no performance issue other than the display of the icons.

:)

Berton, Aug 5, 2020

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Aug 5, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

Weird display of desktop

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Weird display of desktop

1. Weird display of desktop - Similar Threads - Weird display desktop

2. weird display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  3. weird display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  4. weird display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird desktop display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird desktop display: Hi ,My desk top is showing up in a weird display.I want to restore it to a normal display.any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-display/6e99f8bc-86e0-4ba1-bf9b-ecd144373cc4
  6. Weird desktop display

Weird desktop display: Hi ,My desk top is showing up in a weird display.I want to restore it to a normal display.any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-display/6e99f8bc-86e0-4ba1-bf9b-ecd144373cc4
  7. Weird desktop display

8. Weird Display Issue

Weird Display Issue: I don't know how to describe this issue, so I haven't been able to find any solutions online, but it is incredibly annoying and is affecting my ability to work on my laptop. As you can see, most everything is black, including the task bar and any websites I visit also a...
  9. Weird display lines

Weird display lines: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-dArvd_kdwgxgH0nSvLrN6vqbELO1yZ/view?usp=sharing I have a video of my displayLink above I don't know why is it not clear. Earlier also my display was like this when we checked the motherboard we found that some CPU pins were broken. We bought...
  10. Weird Display Behaviour

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Display Behaviour: I have just realised that when I change the wallpaper on my laptop it also changes on my desktop PC ... and vice versa This never used to happen - anyone any ideas what's changed? I don't know if it's significant but both computers updated to W10 Anniversary Edition...