Windows 10: Weird display problem

Discus and support Weird display problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, Hoping I can get some help. Today my monitor started displaying flashes of colour (pictured). The outline of boxes also remain on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Laura_C_C, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Laura_C_C Win User

Weird display problem

Hi all,

Hoping I can get some help. Today my monitor started displaying flashes of colour (pictured). The outline of boxes also remain on the display. I tried using my windows 10pc to talk to the microsoft virtual Agent but all the messages they sent werent readable, they were highlighted in black. Computer is up to date and I've uninstalled and reinstalled the graphics driver

Let me know if I haven't given enough information.

Thanks Weird display problem [​IMG]Weird display problem [​IMG]

:)

Laura_C_C, Oct 31, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Oct 31, 2019
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, Oct 31, 2019
  4. damtachoa Win User

Weird display problem

4870x2 won't display at 1680x1050 at all!

OK. Now I know what ur problem is. Step by step:
    1. Go to Catalyst Control Center
    2. Click on the word "Graphic" right on top left corner. It will display drop down menu
    3. Click on Display monitor and will see the list of monitor at near bottom
    4. Right Click the monitor and select "Configure". It will show up the window
    5. There will be 3 option to select. Select the middle one and then click on the tab which show the bar with 15%.
    6. Drag the bar to max, and the screen will stretch to the native resolution 1680x1050.
    7. Also click the tab with showing RGB drop down list and select the last one (it will change to image quality for pc).
    That's it. Good Luck.

damtachoa, Oct 31, 2019
Thema:

Weird display problem

1. Weird display problem - Similar Threads - Weird display problem

2. weird display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  3. weird display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  4. weird display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear

Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear: Device: MSI GE76 Raider 10UH gaming laptopWhen playing video games or playing back videos, I notice this weird pattern of lines where the colours of the line are slightly brighter than the base colour. I think It's something related to Nvidia's control panel, since the...
  6. Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear: Device: MSI GE76 Raider 10UH gaming laptopWhen playing video games or playing back videos, I notice this weird pattern of lines where the colours of the line are slightly brighter than the base colour. I think It's something related to Nvidia's control panel, since the...
  7. Weird desktop display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird desktop display: Hi ,My desk top is showing up in a weird display.I want to restore it to a normal display.any help here? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-desktop-display/6e99f8bc-86e0-4ba1-bf9b-ecd144373cc4
  8. Weird Display Issue

Weird Display Issue: I don't know how to describe this issue, so I haven't been able to find any solutions online, but it is incredibly annoying and is affecting my ability to work on my laptop. As you can see, most everything is black, including the task bar and any websites I visit also a...
  9. Weird problem with primary displays

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird problem with primary displays: Hi, I have 2 Acer 27" 2k 144hz monitors. I use them in extend mode with one in front of me and the other off to the right. I have to set the right display as my primary display because I like to be able to throw my mouse into the bottom right corner and hide my windows when I...
  10. Wireless Display settings, weird problem.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wireless Display settings, weird problem.: Hi guys, So I got this weird problem. I tried to change the display settings of my tv, who I connected to my pc to view videos as I work on my pc. But it disconnected, and It won't connect anymore. But to change the settings back, it seems I need to connect. But that's...