Windows 10: Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

Discus and support Weird dots and flickering all over the screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SteveJ___, Feb 4, 2022.

1. SteveJ___ Win User

Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my monitor died, than I restarted my PC and everything is fine now. I checked graphic card drivers and display adapters, no errors found there and they're all up to date.Any idea what caused that "incident" and how to prevent it from happening in the future? Could it be related to update? I had one yesterday.Thanks in advance.

:)

SteveJ___, Feb 4, 2022

2. Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

I haven't made any changes on my device. This screen flickering is only happening in Safe Mode.

AdhipBanerjee, Feb 4, 2022
  3. Arjay Dom Win User
    Screen flickering in Windows 10 safe mode

Hi Adhio,

Screen flickering can be caused by hardware or application issue.

To better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Is the issue only happening in Safe Mode?
    • Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest following the troubleshooting steps on this article:

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10
    to resolve screen flickering issues on Windows 10.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Arjay Dom, Feb 4, 2022
  4. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

Screen flickering in safe mode help!

Hi Yasmeentq,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your query. I suggest you to follow the steps to get out of safe mode.

• Press Windows key + R

• Type msconfig

• In msconfig > Boot tab >
      Boot Options > uncheck Safe Boot > APPLY / OK.

Screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers. I suggest you to refer to the article below and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/troubleshoot-screen-flickering

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 4, 2022
Thema:

Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

1. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen - Similar Threads - Weird dots flickering

2. weird graphic artefacts appearing all over my screens

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird graphic artefacts appearing all over my screens: [ATTACH] this happened to me two times now, you would think its my monitor being weird but its actually scrolling along with the software so its probably windows doing really weird things I restarted my pc now but if anyone knows whats up please tell me since its kinda...
  3. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  4. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  5. White dots appearing all over the screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    White dots appearing all over the screen on Windows 10: There are dozens of display issues Windows users can face, one of them is appearing white dots on the screen. One of them is where white dots appearing all over the screen. White dots appearing all over the screen [ATTACH] Before moving any forward, we need to keep in...
  6. weird dot on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird dot on screen: there's a weird black dot on my screen, here's a picture of it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-dot-on-screen/d0fa123e-b7ca-41cd-960d-dd998965d817
  7. Weird screen flickering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird screen flickering.: I installed a wifi card in a computer and now the screen is flickering. submitted by /u/Chaperacles [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ereion/weird_screen_flickering/
  8. Green dots/glitter all over my screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Green dots/glitter all over my screen: This happened while I was playing a game: When a level was loading (not for the first time, normally it would load) the game froze and I couldn't quit the game so I restarted my computer by holding the on/off button. When it came back on it was in a low resolution (I fixed...
  9. Weird flickering and then white screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird flickering and then white screen: Recently I've been having issues with my iMac that has boot camp running on Windows 10, so rather than using normal Mactonish I use Windows 10 for regular usage. I've been getting weird white flickering and then shortly after a complete white screen that stops everything....
  10. Strange green dots all over the screen after updates

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange green dots all over the screen after updates: Hi, so my problems with W10 started about month ago after one of the Windows Updates. It started with nvidia driver crushes basically all the time. Now I got my PC reseted back to basic for the third time and it's barely running. It running in some low screen resolution only...