Windows 10: Weird dots show up on the side of my screen?

Discus and support Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? I never had this issue before and I heard it had to with display. I wanted to ask here first to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Amber1875, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Amber1875 Win User

Weird dots show up on the side of my screen?

Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? I never had this issue before and I heard it had to with display. I wanted to ask here first to see if there was a more explanation to help me understand what it is and why it happens.

HP Windows 10 is what I have. My task manger and disk memory doesn't seem to be overload when this happens. I all most have 900 gb of space still left on my laptop so doubt that space is an issue. I do have my resolution to the recommended setting which seems to be the highest that is on the list and I don't want to mess with it unless I have to. I had this issue after the update I did about last week and after that this started up. my laptop isn't hot/overheated when it happened. And of course I already restarted my laptop it was the first I tried.

here is a screenshot of it.

Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? 40bf84a8-63b1-46da-96c8-d9f04d322900?upload=true.png

:)

Amber1875, Apr 1, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Dakuhr Win User
    Weird random-dots

Hi, I've got the ATI tool and I think it works properly. I've fixed the issue that ATI doesn't see allgames as 3-d applications with just adding them to the exceptionlist. Buttttt, lately at start-up there are is a shot of some weird dots (coloured dots) dunno what it is, maybe its nothing.... the ATI tool doesnt throw up the speed of core and mem until a 3-d application is started, so I guess its not that the Graph card is to hot.

Dunno guys, beats me ??

Dakuhr, Apr 1, 2019
  4. OrbitzXT Win User

Radeon 6950 Showing Dots on Screen

My friend and I just built his PC today, he has a Radeon 6950 that we bios flashed to a 6970 using the guide found on TechPower Up. It seemed fine when we were together, I left and he started installing software and he just told me now that he's seeing dots on the screen. He's noticed that this is only happening when Firefox is open, but it hasn't been going on long enough for that to be definitive. Attached is a screenshot of said dots. Any idea of the cause and how to fix it?

Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? Dots.jpg

OrbitzXT, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird dots show up on the side of my screen? - Similar Threads - Weird dots show

2. Weird red squares show up on my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird red squares show up on my screen: They're caught on screenshot so I assume it's not a monitor issue. They go away when I switch windows or tabs, so it might be related to reddit specifically? Although I don't see how that's possible, or maybe a graphics driver issue? It's the first time this has happened and...
  3. Weird red squares show up on my screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird red squares show up on my screen: They're caught on screenshot so I assume it's not a monitor issue. They go away when I switch windows or tabs, so it might be related to reddit specifically? Although I don't see how that's possible, or maybe a graphics driver issue? It's the first time this has happened and...
  4. Weird red squares show up on my screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  6. Weird dots and flickering all over the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird dots and flickering all over the screen: Hello. I worked nothing unusual, that means no new apps or programs I didn't used many times before on my PC and all of sudden my screen went crazy. Groups of dots in various colors and weird flashing-flickerings were "dancing" all over the screen. At first I thought my...
  7. weird dot on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    weird dot on screen: there's a weird black dot on my screen, here's a picture of it [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-dot-on-screen/d0fa123e-b7ca-41cd-960d-dd998965d817
  8. Weird problem at one side of the screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird problem at one side of the screen: My Surface is sick, some symptoms listed below . . . - I seem unable to close a tab in Edge by clicking on the X - Clicking the X when opening File Explorer window results in no action whatsoever. - Swiping down from the top to close a full screen program does not work. -...
  9. My screen has weird lines/dots

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My screen has weird lines/dots: Hello, I have recently noticed that a weird line or dot on my screen. I have never applied heavy pressure on my laptop/screen, and I do not see a reason as to why this is happening. I cant see it on brighter colours if that makes any difference. Does anyone know what to do,...
  10. White dots showing up on my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    White dots showing up on my screen: White squares keep showing up on my screen. [IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/white-dots-showing-up-on-my-screen/8fc16ff0-4d44-4e4e-b4b1-750ea74fe4e9