Windows 10: weird drive properties

Discus and support weird drive properties in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; There is a compress option missing on one of my USB drives. None of my drives is compressed. I just can't explain why the option is missing. windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thomaseg1, Jul 9, 2020.

1. thomaseg1 Win User

weird drive properties

There is a compress option missing on one of my USB drives. None of my drives is compressed.
    I just can't explain why the option is missing.
    windows 10 1909

weird drive properties [​IMG]

:)

thomaseg1, Jul 9, 2020
  2. little cat, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jul 9, 2020
  4. jjmwjr366 Win User

weird drive properties

Microsoft Properties

Hi Greg,

I followed your Task Manager steps and restarted the computer but the issue was still there.

Then I went to the first link you suggested and saw the options available. I elected to go to Microsoft Support to see if they had any File Explorer options available and they did. I downloaded the Mighty File Explorer. Using it, I checked the Properties
    of the external drive in question and it was able to see and list the size of the folder correctly! Thank you for your time. This solves the issue.

If you see a need for me to explore the other recommendations that you gave, let me know.

Thanks again!

jjmwjr366, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

weird drive properties

1. weird drive properties - Similar Threads - weird drive properties

2. Weird drive problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird drive problem.: So, I was transferring an ISO file to my USB drive, and it said its too big, and the drive shows that there's 14.5 GiB, but the error said that 5.10 GiB install.wim could not transfer due to the file being "larger" than 14.5 GiB....
  3. Weird drive problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird drive problem.: So, I was transferring an ISO file to my USB drive, and it said its too big, and the drive shows that there's 14.5 GiB, but the error said that 5.10 GiB install.wim could not transfer due to the file being "larger" than 14.5 GiB....
  4. Drive appears when in system properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive appears when in system properties: This drive appeared from nowhere when I was checking for restore points. I only have one user and this drive \\?\Volume{a6810e9c-7196-4ad5... does not appear anywhere else. I haven't been able to remove it, not because it's causing performance issues or anything, but simply...
  5. Drive appears when in system properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drive appears when in system properties: This drive appeared from nowhere when I was checking for restore points. I only have one user and this drive \\?\Volume{a6810e9c-7196-4ad5... does not appear anywhere else. I haven't been able to remove it, not because it's causing performance issues or anything, but simply...
  6. Weird Drive icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Drive icon: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lunitari71 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l3ytg9/weird_drive_icon/
  7. Weird Drive Showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Drive Showing: So I have this weird drive showing up that seems to be inaccessible, any idea what it may be? I'm not sure if it's an installer or not [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-drive-showing/acd1d74b-5376-4ac4-9ffe-072b6c7274e3
  8. Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Incorrect Network Path in Drive Properties: In Properties for my N drive, the network path ends in \d, not \n - how do I change this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/incorrect-network-path-in-drive-properties/15a1a878-7104-4027-afe9-2f4f1b6d74d8
  9. False properties for external drive

in Windows 10 Support
    False properties for external drive: Hi I have a 6TB Samsung D3 external drive formatted in NTFS which I use for backups I have a backup folder/subfolder then 2 further subfolders (89.9GB & 86.3GB) Win Explorer/properties reports the 2 higher level folders as 89.8GB (the size of the oldest of the 2...
  10. Weird characters in GPU Properties info

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird characters in GPU Properties info: [img] Anyone have any idea why adapter name appears in gibberish characters? the card works 100% in WinX and Win7 on same PC. Thanks for ur input! 4952