Windows 10: Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle

Discus and support Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Insider programme version 10.0.19042 Build 19042 Asus Zenbook Nvidia GTX 960m So i have an external display that was working great until by accident... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SupernovaTheGrey, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle

Insider programme version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

Asus Zenbook Nvidia GTX 960m

So i have an external display that was working great until by accident I enabled the 3d display option within the windows display settings, this isnt a 3d display and I'm not sure I even had the stereoscopic display drivers installed.

Now whenever I plug this display in screen goes black on both displays, display recognizes resolution but then there is a flashing cursor against the black until what i can only think is the display driver crashing with a black band across the bottom of the screen, the connection over HDMI is dropped, nvidia control panel opening with no options displayed and artifacts appearing randomly and the display no longer appears in the advanced display list so there is no means of finding the profiles and seeing what has happened with what i know.

This is only for this display and doesn't repeat on any other HDMI display.

This HDMI display works fine with other windows 10 systems

I have reinstalled both the integrated and Nvidia display drivers

I have removed registry values for graphics driver display profiles in an attempt to forget the display settings to no avail.

I have uninstalled physx just in case something was borking there but atm I'm at a loss for what the problem could be and I don't really want to go any further without having asked about this.

The first boot after this often goes to a solid blue screen and once cycled again boots normally.

submitted by /u/SupernovaTheGrey
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SupernovaTheGrey, Jul 12, 2020

2. primary display's adapter does not support NVIDIA 3D Vision. Error. Windows 10 Pro

Thank you for updating us.

"If you think, totally UNISTALLING all NVIDIA software should SOLVE MY PROBLEM" - Are you referring to NVIDIA graphics card or NVIDIA 3D Vision? If you're referring to
    NVIDIA 3D Vision, the cause of the error is due to incompatibility of your graphics card.
    NVIDIA 3D Vision is a stereoscopic gaming kit from NVIDIA and driver software which enables stereoscopic vision for any Direct3D game, with various degrees of compatibility. To help you resolve the issue, we suggest that you uninstall the driver
    of the NVIDIA 3D Vision. To uninstall NVIDIA 3D Vision, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows Start and type Programs and Features.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Look for NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver or NVIDIA Vision Controller Driver.
    • Click on uninstall and follow the onscreen instructions to uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Reymichael Ros, Jul 12, 2020
  3. malware Win User
    NVIDIA Releases GeForce Stereoscopic 3D Driver Version 181.25

Following the recent release of NVIDIA's 3D Vision high-definition 3D stereo solution, this new sort of driver comes as no surprise. If you are using the new NVIDIA 3D glasses and a 3D capable display you'll need to have this driver installed. Before proceeding to the installation, please make sure you use the latest NVIDIA GeForce drivers, and that any previous Stereoscopic 3D drivers are properly removed.

DOWNLOAD: GeForce Stereoscopic 3D Driver 181.25

Specifications
    • Microsoft Windows Vista 32-bit
    • NVIDIA GeForce 6 series or higher configured in single GPU or SLI mode
    • NVIDIA GeForce driver
    • NVIDIA GeForce Stereoscopic 3D technology driver
    • Compatible GeForce 3D Stereo displays
    • Supported DirectX 9 or 10 game
    Supporting GeForce Stereoscopic 3D Displays
    • Passive polarized stereo displays
      - Zalman Trimon ZM-M220W (22 inch 1680x1050)
      - Zalman TriMon ZM-M190 (19 inch 1280x1024)
      - Zalman HDTV LCD (1366x768)
    • Anaglyph display with red/blue stereo glasses
    For the full list of supported games, please click here.

Source: NVIDIA

malware, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle

Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle

1. Weird driver error on windows with 3d display toggle - Similar Threads - Weird driver error

2. weird display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  3. weird display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    weird display: i asked this question before and uploaded a pic, but i think i didnt do it right so i do it again, i bought a wacom tablet and now my sceern display is on some mode my guess windows ink and i REALLY REALLY want the defult display......
  4. Waiting for Dark mode toggle and 3D emoji

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Waiting for Dark mode toggle and 3D emoji: In the next big Windows 11 update, I definitely want to see 2 things: 1 Dark mode toggle in the Quick Settings Panel exactly like on Android, to avoid wasting so much time switching between light and dark mode: Open the settings panel - customization - color etc. etc. AND 2...
  5. Waiting for Dark mode toggle and 3D emoji

Waiting for Dark mode toggle and 3D emoji: In the next big Windows 11 update, I definitely want to see 2 things: 1 Dark mode toggle in the Quick Settings Panel exactly like on Android, to avoid wasting so much time switching between light and dark mode: Open the settings panel - customization - color etc. etc. AND 2...
  6. Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...: I toggled the 3d switch in Multiple display after connected to external monitor. After this the external monitor is blacked out. I an unable to find this toggle switch anymore. Please help...
  7. Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...

Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...: I toggled the 3d switch in Multiple display after connected to external monitor. After this the external monitor is blacked out. I an unable to find this toggle switch anymore. Please help...
  8. Accidently toggled 3D display mode and now SP4 will not connect to my TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently toggled 3D display mode and now SP4 will not connect to my TV: Hi all,I'm having a lot of frustration with my display settings. I'm using a surface pro 5 and I came across a serious bug when trying to fix the HDMI connection resolution on my 3dtv. I accidentally clicked the 3d display mode toggle button in the display settings window...
  9. Display Brightness toggle is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display Brightness toggle is not working: I have been having this problem for a couple of days. The toggle which helps in changing the brightness doesn't work. whether it is a zero or at 100 it remains the same. I suspect it may be because of a update. Windows update: Intel Corporation - Extension -...
  10. Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling 3d display mode crashed video driver. Restarting video driver enabled 3d mode,...: @Microsoft / @support -- I am writing this complaint and solution to help others, but also to inform MS of a major problem with a basic Windows setting that was fairly difficult to fix. If someone can help make sure that the correct eyes at Microsoft see this, that would...