Windows 10: Weird driver problem?

Discus and support Weird driver problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I can only get my display driver to work properly by uninstalling and updating them sometimes twice and they only work for a day or two and then the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BruceAragona1, May 7, 2020.

1. Weird driver problem?

I can only get my display driver to work properly by uninstalling and updating them sometimes twice and they only work for a day or two and then the problem resurfaces.. Youtube always works, some things with 2-way communication get crazy interferance. The problem always gets fixed up cycling uninstall/update display adapters, but always resurfaces after a day or two. I have made great strides in performance trying to fix this, but can't get it stable. Please help.

:)

BruceAragona1, May 7, 2020

2. Weird windows 10 problem

Hi Sam,

The weird Windows 10 problem you're experiencing when a windows asking for administrator permission pops up, might be due to a variety of reasons. One of which is due to an outdated graphic driver.

Knowing that you have the latest Windows 10 version, are your drivers up-to-date as well, especially your graphic driver? If not, you can follow the steps found on this
    link on
    how to update your drivers in Windows 10.

If updating the graphic driver didn't work, you may reinstall it by following these steps:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Right-click the driver under Display adapter, then select
      Uninstall
    • Restart your laptop to automatically reinstall the drivers. Make sure that you update the driver after re-installation.

Do you have administrator rights? Are you the only user of the PC?

In the meantime, you may run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware.

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Michelle Her, May 7, 2020
  3. Senarium Win User
    Weird BSOD problem

Hi Everyone,

I have a weird BSOD problem which I cannot solve for a while(it persists still after upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7)

The main strange thing about this is that I get BSOD only after cold boot.
    So it acts like this:

1. start PC.
    2. Get to Windows Logo Screen
    3. BSOD
    4. Restart
    5. Get to menu where I can try to repair or Start NormallyIf I Choose Repair, it will fail to repair and will try to restoreIf I Choose Start Normally, it will start OK, no BSOD, can work normally, games, browse internet, everything is normal.6. Shutdown PC
    7. Next time when I start is all over again i.e. Go to Step 1

I have this problem for a while, so what I tried:
    1. Another Windows 7
    2. Another HDD
    3. Only HDD connected
    4. Changed RAM
    5. Tried with built in GPU
    6. Upgraded to Windows 10

Result is the same as above every time.

Please suggest what could be the cause.
    Logs collected with DM_Log_Collector, attached.

Thank you

PS. This thread is a continuation of this one: Frequent multiple errors BSOD. Solved - Windows 7 Help Forums the only thing changed is Windows 10 now. instead of Windows 7. If that helps somehow.

Senarium, May 7, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Weird driver problem?

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 7, 2020
Thema:

Weird driver problem?

1. Weird driver problem? - Similar Threads - Weird driver problem

2. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  8. Weird graphics problem, is it a virus or a driver or hardware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Weird graphics problem, is it a virus or a driver or hardware problem?: Hi everyone. Edge has been acting differently for some time. If I click on the usual page in the usual place instead of giving me the usual result, sometimes (1 time out of 10/20 or so), it shows me an advertisement. I didn't worry so much because the advertisement goes...
  9. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...
  10. Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem): Recently, the WiFi on this particular laptop has been sub-par. Downloading the same file, the WiFi downloads at the rate of 70 kbps (pretty bad) while the Ethernet cable is at 700 kbps ~ 1000 kbps. I know that the Ethernet is almost always faster than the WiFi but the...