Windows 10: Weird DTS problem

Discus and support Weird DTS problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I'm new here, I hope I'm asking this question in the right place. As the title claims, I have a weird problem with DTS sound. This is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frankstar86, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Weird DTS problem

Hello everybody, I'm new here, I hope I'm asking this question in the right place. As the title claims, I have a weird problem with DTS sound. This is the thing (and sorry if I make this too long, I tend to over-explain things): I bought my computer a few months ago, a little less than a year. I have it connected via SPDIF to a SONY audio receiver that can play both Dolby Digital and DTS sound in 5.1. I went through all the trouble that is configuring the sound. Once done, I managed to make everything work as it should (apparently). Inside the properties of my sound device, under the "Compatible formats" tab, I check the Dolby Digital box and test it. In my audio receiver the display shows the title "Dolby Digital 3/2.1" and I listen to a short sound from each speaker at a time, as it should be. Then I check the DTS Audio box and the audio receiver display shows the title "DTS 3/2.1" and I listen the same short sounds from each speaker at a time, as it should be! So far, so good. I play videogames and they are in 5.1, just as I want them, I listen to music in Winamp, everything works as expected. I watch movies in dolby digital sound format, everything is perfect. BUT! When I play a video file with DTS sound... I listen 5.1 just as I should, but the audio receiver doesn't display the DTS title. The display keeps showing the DD logo instead. So here's my question: Am I actually listening to DTS audio? Is this the way it's supposed to work? If not... How am I listening to everything just fine? Is my PC converting the DTS to Dolby Digital before sending the audio signal to the Audio receiver? I use KMPlayer but I tried the same video files with another sofware (Classic Media Player) and the result is the same. I also made sure the video file has DTS format and not Dolby Digital. It's not crucial, but I would like to know if I can solve this anyway. Of course you can ask for any specifications. Thanks in advance. Here go the frequent specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700
    Motherboard: A320M-S2H-CF
    RAM: DDR4 8GB
    Audio card: ASUS Xonar DX audio device

:)

Frankstar86, Dec 27, 2019
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 27, 2019
  3. DTS Audio Control and headphone plug

Hi Terry,

This issue with the DTS Audio Control can be caused by system corruption on the application itself. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you uninstall the application. Here's how:

• Type DTS in the search field at the task bar.
    • Right-click on the DTS Audio Control in the results.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Once done, proceed with installing it back.

You can also check out with HP as the manufacturer of this application for any updated drivers that can help to resolve the issue.

You may try to plug in the headphone again once the issue has been resolved. If it is the same, try a different headphone and let us know about the results.

Should you need additional assistance, do let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 27, 2019
  4. felipaopl Win User

Weird DTS problem

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

Wait, but have you done the whole step-by-step guide described in the OP? DDL/DTS isn't supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 either, unless if you do the steps listed there.

felipaopl, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Weird DTS problem

1. Weird DTS problem - Similar Threads - Weird DTS problem

2. I have problem with my dts app. its says that "dts audio processing settings are...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have problem with my dts app. its says that "dts audio processing settings are...: I have problem with my dts app. its says that "dts audio processing settings are unavailable while the pc is configured for a multi channel end point"...
  3. Weird problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  4. Weird problem

Weird problem: 2 days ago, I bought a new laptop that comes with windows 11 OS. Then, I uninstalled the McAfee antivirus because I don't want it. Then, my bluetooth can't work anymore right after that uninstallation of McAfee anti virus. Then, I proceeded to use system restore to revert the...
  5. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  6. Weird problem . . .

Weird problem . . .: My name is, Dana. This is my problem I have a dual boot computer running Windows 10 and Windows 11 excuse my punctuation I'm speaking into a microphone and I don't really want to go back and correct it so do your best to read it I have a pin setup that I use for both Windows...
  7. Weird problem . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. There is a weird problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    There is a weird problem: There is a weird problem in my computer. When I plugged my charger at my computer and I tried to open games like Valorant etc., I could not open game game gave errors about internet connection or there is a another example, I opened another game like offline game and I want...
  9. DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DTS Sound unbound and DTS X weird error: I need HELP! I installed DTS Sound Unbound few days earlier thinking I have inbuilt DTS headphone x Inbuilt for my LAP ASUS FX 505DT. Since it did not show licensed and the trial got ended I uninstalled thinking its useless. Now, I have this strange error when I try to use...
  10. weird problem?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    weird problem?: Hello. You can call me Ayman. My english isnt good, so i'm sorry for that. My pc is running Windows 10 Pro since 2 months, and its running smoothly till this day. without an obvious reason, the PC just became trash, after a while of the start up or even in a game the PC...