Windows 10: Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

Discus and support Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by dskrobow, May 29, 2019.

1. dskrobow Win User

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

Some additional context can be found here.

I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup.

I have been experiencing what I think is a weird boot error.

Upon booting (before any splash screen) I receive the error pictured below:

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error 08681657-9f5b-4b20-a435-248b0aa2cd94?upload=true.jpg

Pressing ENTER produces the error below:

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error b3d1782a-cfb1-4c6d-8a5a-c6b4af3a90e6?upload=true.jpg

I can eventually boot to either drive using several combinations from the options on this error-screen, but here's what I want to point out:

I can boot without either of the errors pictured above as long as I enter the BIOS immediately at startup.

If I press ESCAPE immediately at startup (entering the BIOS menu) and then press ENTER to continue with startup (exiting the BIOS menu), the OMEN splash screen appears, the dual-boot-selection screen appears, and startup proceeds normally, without errors.

How can I fix these errors? Hopefully, the description of the procedure above is informative.

Thanks.

:)

dskrobow, May 29, 2019
  2. Wingo101 Win User

Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, May 29, 2019
  3. Weird file that opens on startup called Xeon

I installed Nox player recently to test some android apps on my operating system but after a while I uninstalled it. Now, every time I startup on Windows 7 (original OS I installed it on because I'm on dual boot with Windows 10) a file called Xeon and Windows
    7 prompts on how you should open it.

Opening the file I get results that are from ping tests which returned 32 bytes. Also, listing a directory to my Windows 10 boot (C:\Program Files\Nox or D:\Program Files\Nox on my Windows 7 OS). I deleted the folder but I still get it on
    startup even going to the directory by pasting it returns an error.

Steps I did:

• Run malware scan
    • Try methods from other threads (only one :/)
    • Do clean boot
    • Get support from Microsoft

Xeon Network, May 29, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Dual Booting with Windows 8.1

The procedure below will allow you to boot Windows separately or in dual boot configuration.
    Here's what I recommend to do:
    1. Disconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    2. Install Windows 10 with one drive connected.
    3. After step 2, reconnect the drive containing Windows 8.1
    4. Boot up Windows 8.1. Open disk management and take a note of the drive letter of Windows 10 OS.
      NOTE: if you boot up Windows 10, then take a note of Windows 8.1 drive letter
    5. Open Admin command prompt and type: bcdboot X:\windows where X: is the drive letter of Windows 10 (Windows 8.1 if you boot from Windows 10 in step 4)
    6. Reboot the PC. You should have a dual boot screen.

NOTE: To break off the dual boot setting, Win+R->msconfig->boot and delete the none default entry on the list.

topgundcp, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error - Similar Threads - Weird Dual Boot

2. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  3. Startup boot errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Startup boot errors: G’day guysJust tried to restart my windows 10 PC after installing one of my old dvd rom video games from windows 7, now every time I try to boot up and it comes up with the same issue. C\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt Log file.I have already reset windows 10 and...
  4. weird system drive letter on dual boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    weird system drive letter on dual boot: i have hdd with windows 10 installed on it and i just got myself a ssd today since there's still some data left on my old windows i chose to dualboot my windows installation on my ssd so it's much easier to move my data later on. but something weird happened, the system drive...
  5. Getting a weird error on startup randomly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting a weird error on startup randomly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/KingNithin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lv0rzh/getting_a_weird_error_on_startup_randomly/
  6. Dual boot missing choice screen at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual boot missing choice screen at startup: After reinstalling W10 on the eMMC drive disk 1 in my laptop, the "Choose an operating system" no longer appears, so I can't access the more useable SSD drive disk 0. Both drives are showing on disk management. How do I get the choice screen back? [ATTACH]...
  7. Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk check on startup with dual-boot to Linux: Is it normal for Windows to show a disk checking prompt on startup with two operating systems installed on the same drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check-on-startup-with-dual-boot-to-linux/d2db2b1f-5216-40ea-bd13-bf035b234df6
  8. Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error

Weird Dual-Boot Startup Error: Some additional context can be found here. I had Windows 10 1803 installed on a HDD in an HP OMEN notebook. I installed a PCIe SSD. I used a bootable USB with Windows 10 1903 (from the Media Creation Tool) to install 1903 on the SSD and produce a dual-bootable setup. I have...
  9. Dual boot startup takes long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dual boot startup takes long time: Started with a dual boot Windows 7 pro / XP HP Elite 8300. Upgraded Windows 7 to 10 and now it seems to take forever for the boot menu to show up. I can hit restart, it shuts down then just sits there doing nothing for several minutes. No hard drive activity, no video just...
  10. Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness

Dual Booting Mystery and Wireless Weirdness: Dell 3847 PC - Dual booting Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 Technical Preview Booting - If I do a restart from 8.1 about 50 percent of the time it reboots directly back into 8.1 without a choice to boot to 10. If I restart from Win10 I'm given the choice to boot to either 8.1...