Windows 10: Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?

Discus and support Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; HI Guys I was just going to check my APP data and came across varies duplicate profiles see here Any idea why these have been created and can i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thorrrr, Nov 7, 2019.

1. thorrrr Win User

Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?

HI Guys

I was just going to check my APP data and came across varies duplicate profiles see here

Any idea why these have been created and can i delete them?

Win version is here

:)

thorrrr, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Ariel Aba Win User

Problem with duplication in System Properties, User Profiles

Hi BFG900000,

If the user profiles stopped duplicating after you stopped using that software, then that might be the issue. Another possibility is a virus has infected the computer and created those multiple profiles. While waiting for the response from the developers, I
    suggest that you post this issue in TechNet.
    The members there include IT professionals that can provide a more advanced recommendation on the next step to resolve your issue.

Regards.

Ariel Aba, Nov 7, 2019
  3. The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded.

Hello,

When attempting to login to my computer, I get the following message:

"The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

User profile cannot be loaded."

I referred to this Help article,You receive a "The User Profile Service failed the logon” error
    message,

but the only difference is I only have one user profile on this computer. So, I can't login with another user to go through the steps listed in this post.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Gerald Matthews, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Rose Ter Win User

migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ? - Similar Threads - Weird Duplicate Profiles

2. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  3. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users: Good day all,I have been finding multiple devices doing the same thing. But the problems that are reported are all different. Even different machines Desktop, or Laptop. All are showing the issue of multiple user profiles with the same name only differentiate by the ending...
  4. Duplicate User Profiles Created - Active Directory and local users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  6. Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate user profile folder on Desktop: Hello,Surprisingly, since yesterday, there is a duplicate folder of my user:/profile on the desktop. The files in it are the same as in my C:\Users folder and I am afraid, deleting the folder from the desktop will delete the C:\Users folder too.Can someone help?Regards,Arup...
  7. Why is the user folder duplicating everything?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is the user folder duplicating everything?: Just got a new laptop, moved old files over to the D: drive to save space on C: drive. And it promptly copied all of my pics and such into my user folder on C: drive, taking up twice as much space. WHY did this happen?...
  8. Duplicate profile to new user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate profile to new user: So I was given a computer to work on that the user has forgotten the pin and has no way of resetting it. After getting access to the Administrator I figured I would just create a new user, copy the profile over and just make it a local account. Copy profile is greyed out and...
  9. Duplicate Profiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Duplicate Profiles: This is my first time using this forum. I’m building a windows 10 machine that needs multiple identical profiles with unique names. This machine is not going to be on a domain but maybe imaged or replicated. The settings that need to be the same include: Start Menu, Task Bar,...
  10. Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Weird Duplicate Profiles Appearing in Users Why ?: HI Guys I was just going to check my APP data and came across varies duplicate profiles see here Any idea why these have been created and can i delete them? Win version is here 143948